Fates Reviews are in

Leif

I do; the joke was just getting a bit too old for me. And I agree that using the term "political intrigue" in the review was really stretching things.

You draw the line at a naked Garon, huh? I get that, it's probably not a pretty sight.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? What I meant was that I usually see IGN give the lowest scores to everything. >_>

I don't appreciate people treating me like I'm stupid.

No one is treating you like you're stupid, which would absolutely ludicrous since we're talking about general game reviews anyway; it's not exactly an intelligence test. However, your statement was really surprising.

I think Thane just has a different impression of IGN than you.

Oh wow, I feel like I should react to the way my name is written. Either it's mocking me or it just gives my name an incredible impression of authority.

...I feel like it's the former though.

Oh wow, I feel like I should react to the way my name is written. Either it's mocking me or it just gives my name an incredible impression of authority.

...I feel like it's the former though.

Nah, I'm not mocking you. It's just a post quirk I've been doing lately.

What? No it isn't. RSE really DOES have too much water. I hated all the boring water routes and I always thought and still think it was a fair point. I wouldn't rate the game a 7.5 JUST for that, but still.

So if Garon goes strolling down Nohr naked, it'd be a "political scandal"?

Well, technically, he does get naked at one point... and technically it IS a political scandal... sooooo.... ?

Jokes about the truth aside, where's the political stuff guys ? Cuz I didn't see anything.

What? No it isn't. RSE really DOES have too much water. I hated all the boring water routes and I always thought and still think it was a fair point. I wouldn't rate the game a 7.5 JUST for that, but still.

Azura has feelings?

Fire emblem Fates: Too Much Water, which translate to, Too much Azura, which translate to Too much BS. :p

But seriously, there IS a lot of water in Fates, which is feaking dumb imo.

I remember, during, my childhood, I spent a loooooong time Surfing in Ruby, even post game for things such as the golems, alas, at the time, I didn't know how to get them, I had my suspiscion that those weird three rocks had something to do with it, along with those walls with a strange language, alas, I was too young at the time, and didn't knew anything about it.

The water might as well have been tears, not tears of sadness no, but... tears of boringness.

... Was this phrase cool ? I hope so.

Edited by B.Leu

Glad to see these positive reviews.

Considering how many of these reviews praised the story whilst I've only seen this site has bash it endlessly, I can safely say my story expectations are basically "if it's good, awesome, if not, also awesome"

Lets see how many reviews I agree with when I get the Special Edition

At the end of the day there's always going to be some sort of bias when it comes to reviews because of the reviewer's own experience, standards and expectations. If what they said doesn't add up to how you feel - that's natural, isn't it? They're different people - they perceive and interpret things differently. But, having different opinions is great because it brings out interesting discussion and conversations which is a whole lot better than seriously judging those who have a different opinion from you.

I mean, you can if you want, but you can't expect everyone's opinions to revolve around one yours.

At the end of the day there's always going to be some sort of bias when it comes to reviews because of the reviewer's own experience, standards and expectations. If what they said doesn't add up to how you feel - that's natural, isn't it? They're different people - they perceive and interpret things differently. But, having different opinions is great because it brings out interesting discussion and conversations which is a whole lot better than seriously judging those who have a different opinion from you.

I mean, you can if you want, but you can't expect everyone's opinions to revolve around one yours.

This isn't really bias though..... it's a fundamental misunderstanding of the game and what it is supposed to be. Everyone else is talking about the pattern of the shell on the turtles back and he's talking about how the turtle isn't a giraffe.

I didn't know that Thane's opinions are above everyone else.

If Sacred Stones, Blazing Sword, or Path of Radiance were to come out tomorrow everyone would be complaining that "the story sucks, the characters are boring and all sorts of negativity " with the exeption of Shadow Dragon(and was fixed somewhat in FE12) there were boring characters and really good characters in each of the games.

So just shut up for a week or two and let everyone else come up with their own opinion

IN THANE I TRUST

Far more than the reviewer that calls it "so perfectly executed" and claims it "borders on genius".

Skepticism is fine. You should get used to it on an internet forum where people are pretty much asked for their opinions (this thread included).

EDIT: These reviews seem 90% based around gameplay mechanics than story/characters/relationships anyway - which may explain why they're willing to give such high scores.

Edited by Crysta

IN THANE I TRUST

Far more than the reviewer that calls it "so perfectly executed" and claims it "borders on genius".

Skepticism is fine. You should get used to it on an internet forum where people are pretty much asked for their opinions (this thread included).

EDIT: These reviews seem 90% based around gameplay mechanics than story/characters/relationships anyway - which may explain why they're willing to give such high scores.

Most people judge games primarily based on gameplay... That's why they're games.