Someone posted Soleil's English Support Conversation.

Sarahtoga104

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better than what it used to be I suppose, even if it didn't deserve the controversy it made. I busted a lung at the "Xandra" part though; one of the best lines I've seen so far this localization~! XD

Edited by Silver Lightning

It went from date rape drugging to bound and gagging instead! Oh no!

xD

That is as expected, interesting that not much changed otherwise. : ) (For better or for worse). Good to see her name is still Soleil too!

So basically, the general plot progression of the support was kept, but they removed the drugging implication (instead, it's using blindfolds with her consent) and the S support has Soleil say "lets take it slow since I've thought of you as someone else and we need to get to know each other outside of that."

Overall, I'd personally say it's definitely improved over the Japanese version. There are still a few quirks I don't like with the support (such as where the issue came from as Soleil seemed fine in other supports), but at least things like the drug part are gone.

Edited by Medeus

Still a terrible set of supports, HOWEVER I really appreciate that S support because it makes it clear Soleil was always bisexual. I hope this is reflected in her other S supports.

+1 for the localization

I'm still not a fan of this Support, but I think this is a big improvement over the original (and probably the best they could do short of rewriting it). The fact that it not only includes her consent to the issue, but also makes clear that she is still bi in the S Rank is really all I could ask for... and yet I still have a friend who is going to be pissed that it changed... all of the salt.. all of the salt..

Edited by Avalanche

I never thought this change was necessary. It only became a problem because of a misunderstanding, and I think too many didn't bother to read the support themselves. I don't see how people thought it was about curing homosexuality or rape. They seem to have changed her character a bit by wanting to "take it slow" rather than that other thing. I don't know much about her though.

I'm not complaining much. I guess it's fine.

I think it's a lot better too now it's by no means a fantastic support but he doesn't do anything she's not aware of or okay with which is the most important thing. Also like you all stated she is clearly shown to be bi at the end and has genuine interest in getting to know the male Corrin so that's better too.

Eh. The whole thing was blown out of proportion in the first place and misunderstood (If she was gay, why can't she romance Female Kamui?) but w/e I didn't plan on pairing her with my character anyway. They at least kept her character trope intact which surprised me.

I don't think the original one deserved the level of outcry it received, but what I didn't like about it was the whole, "putting something in her drink without her permission," and "I loved you ever since I saw you as a girl" parts. Both of which have been changed in localization, so in my eyes, even though I'll never end up pairing these two together, this support is a million times better.

Also, Xandra was pretty great.

tumblr_no7atwYS6z1qf6hc2o1_500.jpg

xD I loved this scene.

I transcribed the entire support conversation in text form on my blog here.

Just in case anyone needs it for reference. : )

Overall it has me slightly hopeful for how they may treat other supports. While the support may not have been stellar in the first place, they still convey the same idea in a way that flows without trying their own thing (aside from changing the hallucinogenic magic powder to a blindfold of imagination).

Let's see how the story goes...!

Edited by Kirokan

Fantastic improvement. It's still not a good support, but it's far better than the JPN version. Blindfolds with her consent > skeevy drug potion, and getting rid of some of the iffy S-support lines ("good girl", "i loved you since I saw you as a girl") is great.

It definitely shines in the humor department. Xandra was the best part of the chain, along with imagining Corrin trying to pitch his voice really high. Had me in stitches. Also, I really liked this part for some reason:

Corrin: ...Are you putting me on? Is this some sort of prank? Are people watching this?

Talk about medium awareness.

Edited by Abvora

I love this change. They kept some parts of the lines that I loved (like in the cheesy confession where Kamui compares her smile to the sun's radiance), and got rid of all the negative connotations of the Japanese one. The start of her confession delivery didn't sound too great to the Japanese for me, but the rest of it was pretty good and I think I kinda like her English VA. Also kinda sounds familiar. It's bugging me now on who her VA might be.

Soleil, you are not a warrior, you exist only because of a shitty plot device.

Well, this is a very good improvement, it went from weird/creepy unwilling drugging to willing blindfold simulation... which is still weird, but in a good way, and less than before.
....Said like that, It sounds so freaking like bondage though.

I also love the S support, 'Could we take it slow ?', it's nice, and the VA is just great !

In other words, great job localization !

Xandra...I lost it at Xandra!

Anyway, crisis averted I guess, but other than the drugging thing, the original wasn't as bad as people say it was.

Also, this off-topic, but I loooooove Soleil's english voice!

It's so cute!

You know what I love the most about the localized version of this support? (Granted, it's still not the best support, but it's SOOO much better.) You know, other than Xandra? It was how the S-Rank felt like it belonged with the rest of the conversation. It was organic, it flowed pretty well with the characters and their respective mindsets, and A CHARACTER IN A SUPPORT ASKS TO TAKE IT SLOW! It fits so well with the progression, and honestly, I'm happy with that nice little touch. I'm glad they didn't just change the B-Rank convo, but rather sought to make a more well-written, cohesive conversation.

In other words, it's true localization.