Someone posted Soleil's English Support Conversation.

Sarahtoga104

As S supports go, this might be one of the best I've read for these reasons. Organic relationship progression? Somebody pinch me!

The bait-switch lesbian trope and fainting around girls subject matter is pretty lame but they tackled a lot of the problems of the Japanese version with grace.

-no more drugging

-clearer indication that Soleil is bisexual/no gay conversion

-no "you should treasure yourself more" line.

They turned a seriously problematic support to a somewhat humorous one. Well done, localization.

Yeah!

And it added Xandra. the best

I hope they do kind of change one more Soleil support - the one with her mom. Y'know, where she kinda hits on her...

am i just nitpicking now

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad the "good girl" line is gone from the S support. It rubbed me the wrong way when I read the translation the first time. I may be too sensitive but coupled with the rest of the iffy lines mentioned previously I felt awkward reading it, so again, I'm glad the localized support flows better.

Yeah!

And it added Xandra. the best

I hope they do kind of change one more Soleil support - the one with her mom. Y'know, where she kinda hits on her...

am i just nitpicking now

Her applying Kamui's 'training' to other males was actually pretty funny. Willingly applying rule 63 to others is much better than it being magically induced (and less contrived that Kamui has such a specific magic powder).

You aren't alone on wanting the Soleil x Mother support to change. Let's keep these relationships wholesome and limit the incest to siblings and cousins, mmkay?

I kind of like how Soleil seems more obsessed about "cuteness" (as shown in her confession) than girls. Makes it more fitting that she can't marry a female Avatar.

I think this is what a lot of people were hoping for. They can't redo her S support options but they can at least stop playing up the 'almost a lesbian except not really' angle. I'll have to read her other supports before I can really say how much they improved her character though.

Edited by NekoKnight

..I DIED AT XANDRA LOL. THAT'S THE NAME OF FEMALE XANDER >D

-ahem- i like this support more. Sounds better than the original one. 8'D

I kind of like how Soleil seems more obsessed about "cuteness" (as shown in her confession) than girls. Makes it more fitting that she can't marry a female Avatar.

thx for pointing it out! another thing that i like about this version. C:

Her applying Kamui's 'training' to other males was actually pretty funny. Willingly applying rule 63 to others is much better than it being magically induced (and less contrived that Kamui has such a specific magic powder).

You aren't alone on wanting the Soleil x Mother support to change. Let's keep these relationships wholesome and limit the incest to siblings and cousins, mmkay?

I think this is what a lot of people were hoping for. They can't redo her S support options but they can at least stop playing up the 'almost a lesbian except not really' angle. I'll have to read her other supports before I can really say how much they improved her character though.

I'm super happy about this tbh. Soleil has probably been one of my favorite kids (my def favorite from a design standpoint) but just this has been nitpicky... but it's fixed.

i love you daughter but im not in love with you

I'm super happy about this tbh. Soleil has probably been one of my favorite kids (my def favorite from a design standpoint) but just this has been nitpicky... but it's fixed.

i love you daughter but im not in love with you

Maybe they'll give Selkie a better personality so I can love more than her design. Dat foxy swag tho.

Maybe they'll give Selkie a better personality so I can love more than her design. Dat foxy swag tho.

[spoiler=Sorry]

On the /Feg/ dump, one of Selkie's Private Quarters lines mentions her chewing on the furniture, so it looks like she made it through relatively unscathed.

[spoiler=Sorry]

On the /Feg/ dump, one of Selkie's Private Quarters lines mentions her chewing on the furniture, so it looks like she made it through relatively unscathed.

ugh

I liked Kinu but her personality was kinda grating. Still my daughter and still cute with Kisaragi.

SHIT actually do you think they'll change Epo-NINA/Soleil at all?

[spoiler=Sorry]

121406148_cryingcat.gif

Conceal, don't feel.

Oh well, I still have Oboro, one of my favorite characters of any Fire Emblem. Selkie will be my somewhat disappointing daughter in some playthrough, the Severa to my Cordelia.