Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

Hello everyone.

The purpose of this thread is to spread some positivity in the light of the horrible attitude some people seem to have against Rena Strober, voice of Azura in Fire Emblem Fates. I want everyone here to send your well wishes to this sweet and wonderful actress to let her know that this behavior belongs to a loud minority and does not speak for all of us.

Ms. Strober, if you ever read this, know that I enjoy your singing and acting, and that the vast majority of us would never stoop so low as to actively insult, threaten or belittle actors - or anyone for that matter - for whatever reason. I hope that you will forgive the behavior of a few and know that you have contributed positively and impacted a lot of gamers with your beautiful voice.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was unsure of their choice, but then I heard the full version and I was in love. I do hope that if Ms. Stober reads this, that she knows I apologize if I made her feel attacked.

At first I was unsure of their choice, but then I heard the full version and I was in love. I do hope that if Ms. Stober reads this, that she knows I apologize if I made her feel attacked.

Same. First time I heard her voice in the E3 trailer, it was jarring, but now I'm quick to defend her beautiful singing whenever someone criticises it because 'it's not the Japanese one.' I think as far as singing dubs, it's super impressive. I'm honestly downright ashamed and embarrassed that she personally got attacked. What kind of five-year-olds think they are so entitled to something that they think outright bullying is OK?

I think she has a lovely voice, evident especially in the Nohr version vocals, and she doesn't deserve the bad rap.

Really, I just adore her singing in this game. My favorite is the Nohr version, but I desperately wish that I can buy the full versions of the songs. Plus, she seems very sweet and kind. I'm looking forward to Azura, and I hope she continues with the awesome singing. ^^

I feel the same. I was unsure at first (E3 trailer) but I really enjoy her vocals so much!

I love your voice Rena! It is very beautiful and it really makes the game even more worthwhile!

And you are very gifted to have sang a song that was originally in another language, I am really impressed!!

(I really like the Nohr song in particular, it's amazing and I'm glad your voice is Azura :^_^:)

Don't listen to the weeblings Ms. Strober, your singing/Voice Acting was wonderful and you sure as hell didn't deserve any of the hate you got. We're not all bad and I hope that you don't let the ones who are get to you.

Same. First time I heard her voice in the E3 trailer, it was jarring, but now I'm quick to defend her beautiful singing whenever someone criticises it because 'it's not the Japanese one.' I think as far as singing dubs, it's super impressive. I'm honestly downright ashamed and embarrassed that she personally got attacked. What kind of five-year-olds think they are so entitled to something that they think outright bullying is OK?

I think she has a lovely voice, evident especially in the Nohr version vocals, and she doesn't deserve the bad rap.

Especially considering that adapting songs so that the meaning/symbolism remains in tact while also making sure the lyrics match the music is insanely difficult. The fact that it turned out as well as it did is is a testament to how skilled both Rena and Treehouse are at their jobs.

Ms. Strober, if you ever read this, I just want to say I really loved your work as Azura!

Your singing was amazing, and even Azura talking normally sounded great!

Back to your singing, I particulary loved your the "Nohr" version Lost in Thoughts All Alone, in particular your "Embrace the dark" line was amazing!

But the other versions were amazing too! The "Hoshido" version was amazing as well!

Honestly, I just really liked your work!

Oh, and I really liked your work as Emma in Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel!

Edited by Water Mage

This is the response I got from Rena Strober after saying that a lot of us are wishing her the best: https://twitter.com/RenaStrober/status/700126802748911616

Since I don't have Twitter, maybe someone should send her a link - maybe she'd feel better seeing some proper positivity for a change. I know I'd hate giving a performance my all and then having people getting upset that it wasn't done in Japanese, or worse, because a completely unrelated feature was being altered which I had no say in or control over.

Oh, and I really liked your work as Emma in Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel!

...Wait, she's also EMMA?! Dude, Emma rocks! One of my fav chars. I love Rena even more now.

Since I don't have Twitter, maybe someone should send her a link - maybe she'd feel better seeing some proper positivity for a change. I know I'd hate giving a performance my all and then having people getting upset that it wasn't done in Japanese, or worse, because a completely unrelated feature was being altered which I had no say in or control over.

I'll send out a tweet to her with a link to this topic. I'll probably say something along the lines of: "To show not all of the Fire Emblem fans are cruel" <---Maybe not that, but something that fits within 140 characters.

Regular lurker here watching this forum like a hawk the past month with Fates' release looming over.

Popping in to say that I loved Rena's voice ever since I heard it in the E3 trailer and I love it even more now. Don't let those loudmouth jerks get ya down, Rena!

Yeah it's really unfortunate she's getting hate due to the localization woes, I was unsure at first like others but after hearing the Nohr dance scene in english, I have to say her vocals are great.

Thank you, Ms. Strober for your work!

This is the response I got from Rena Strober after saying that a lot of us are wishing her the best: https://twitter.com/RenaStrober/status/700126802748911616

OHHH thanks for posting that! It warms my black little heart! And send her a link to this thread! I think she'd love to see the largest FE fansite on the webz wishing her the best.

I think it's really amazing that both Ms. Strober and Treehouse dubbed all the versions of Lost in Thoughts All Alone so well. I especially love the Nohr version. Both her singing and the regular voice work for Azura sound very nice. I think it's really rude that people are attacking her because it's not the original Japanese, for some reason that has nothing to do with her performance, or something she had no control over.

Ms. Strober if you see this, I hope you come back to voice another character in a future game because I really like your voice. Thank you for your amazing performance as Azura and I wish you the best!

Edited by Ehrzeth

She did an amazing job with the song. I really hope she does some more voice acting for fire emblem. She doesn't deserve any of the hate that she received.

Ms.Strober if you're reading this, thank you for your work on the dub, don't listen to the haters you did an amazing job!

I was super excited to hear that Rena was voicing Azura because of her role as Esmeraude in the Sailor Moon Viz dub. She was amazing in that role, and it gave me high hopes for what she would do with Azura. After hearing the song released in Smash, she definitely exceeded my expectations. I have been listening to it nonstop and singing along, it is absolutely beautiful.

Rena, if you happen to read this, your talents are very much appreciated. I look forward to hearing the full product on Friday, as well as any future projects you are a part of. Especially the Sailor Moon Crystal Black Moon arc dub!

OHHH thanks for posting that! It warms my black little heart! And send her a link to this thread! I think she'd love to see the largest FE fansite on the webz wishing her the best.

This is the message I got from her as a response to this thread: "WOW! I tried to join the site to personally thank everyone but i had trouble. Please let everyone know how much their kindness means to me. Truly. Brought tears to my eyes."

If you're reading this Rena Strober - keep on being awesome! :>

Try not to focus on the bad apples but focus on the people who love and appreciate everything you've done thus far!

Thank you so much for bringing so much life into Azura with your beautiful singing - your voice will forever be appreciated and remembered.

I wish you all the best for your future endeavors - I'm sure you'll do fantastic!

Thank you again!

I'd never heard of Ms. Strober before Fates, and now that I've heard singing/acting, I wonder why not. She's done an absolutely fantastic job with both, especially the singing. If you're reading this, Ms. Strober, you are very talented and very appreciated! Thanks for your amazing work!

This is the message I got from her as a response to this thread: "WOW! I tried to join the site to personally thank everyone but i had trouble. Please let everyone know how much their kindness means to me. Truly. Brought tears to my eyes."

I sent her a link to this thread via Twitter, but I ended up getting Greninja'd. Ah, well.

Anyway, Rena doesn't deserve the hate; her singing as Azura was wonderful.