Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

She doesn't stalk them to make sure they're not alts, she stalks them to make sure they aren't migrating from GameFAQs. Can't have that lot getting in here. *snobby elitist laugh*

i hope nobody swarms her though

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ms. Strober,

Your singing is really great and I hope you aren't troubled by the negativity that may go around.
You did an awesome job on that song and I look forward to hearing the song again and again once I finally get my hands on the game.
Apparently you voiced Emma in Trails? Emma's the best. I also look forward to hearing you voice Azura.

Thank you!

Thank you for your great work Mrs. Strober. We not only get to hear your awesome singing and voice in Fates, but we also get to hear it in Smash. Cheers, don't let the darker side of this fanbase tear you down.

:)

While I wasn't aware there was so much heat surrounding the topic, I personally can't wait to hear you take on this role and think your singing voice is beautiful. Don't take mind to the people decrying you, thank you for doing a great job on the role itself.

okay a mate of mine confirmed that this actually is a thing that is ongoing

and people wonder why "gamer" is a toxic label. talk about entitlement.

That and the most popular games just keep getting plagued with horrible people.

Over the past 2 years, seeing the development of certain communities has made me want to just stop playing Video Games and calling myself a "Gamer". It's sad that weaboos like this exist and how easy social media makes it for them to harass these people.

On Topic: I like the performance in both languages. For the Nohr scene, I prefer the Japanese voice over the English performance and for the Hoshido I prefer the English performance. The Nohr English performance was not bad by any means, I think the problem may be that getting good lyrics to fit that voice with the rhythm of the song is trickier when compared the how calm and simple the Hoshido instrumentation is.

Edited by Sirius

Looking forward to hearing Miss Strober's voice work when I get my hands on the game this Friday. From what I've heard so far, she's done a great job.

Ask her what she chose as a username and I'll approve the account manually. Chances are it's an email related issue.

edit: I see her account, it validated fine, did she forget what she used for id/pass info? She should just have to log into the account now.

Is she signing on the forum? That's wickedly amazing!

Edited by Leif

I haven't heard Azura's singing yet because I want to experience it when I finally have the game in my hands but I just wanted it to be known that I want to be apart of the community that appreciates you and the work you've done Ms. Strober.

Edited by JasonsOrigin

I already sent her a message... Again... After the first time I hear her singing I sent a message and now I did it again... She don't deserve the blaming some people are giving to her :/

I fell in love with her singing thanks to Lost in thoughts all alone. Her voice is beautiful and hopefully she'll be present in future FE's (and now I'm also curious to listen to the original voicework of Penn Zero since she's part of the crew)

wow who would ever thought that thane would be the one to make this topic , but idk and that's not the point

I just wanna say that rena I enjoyed your role as emma from cold steel and I'm 100 % that you will make justice to azura and I will be rooting for you to any of your future roles you get and I wish you the best :D

Edited by ivanhellsing

Dear AMAZING people on this thread. Sorry it took me a while to get logged in..but i finally figured it out!

Let me first say that I've ready every single comment and am moved beyond belief at your kindness and support.

I've worked on many games but mostly come from the Broadway/TV world where there aren't as many people voicing opinions on the internet. I had no idea I was about to become part of something so big and so exciting. Anything of this magnitude is going to come with its lovers & haters.

I'm learning quickly to disregard unwarranted criticism and focus on my work and the amazing FE fans!! I'm also doing what I love everyday..singing and bringing life to these awesome characters and feel lucky to do so.

It's so easy to get swept up in the drama and lose site of what's really important...to tell the story and hope that players enjoy the journey.

I feel very lucky to have fans like you and hope you continue to enjoy my work. I loved singing for FE and I've got more exciting projects in the works.

Please keep in touch and I'll do the same...and thanks again for turning a crappy day into one I'll never forget!!!

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Dear AMAZING people on this thread. Sorry it took me a while to get logged in..but i finally figured it out!

Let me first say that I've ready every single comment and am moved beyond belief at your kindness and support.

I've worked on many games but mostly come from the Broadway/TV world where there aren't as many people voicing opinions on the internet. I had no idea I was about to become part of something so big and so exciting. Anything of this magnitude is going to come with its lovers & haters.

I'm learning quickly to disregard unwarranted criticism and focus on my work and the amazing FE fans!! I'm also doing what I love everyday..singing and bringing life to these awesome characters and feel lucky to do so.

It's so easy to get swept up in the drama and lose site of what's really important...to tell the story and hope that players enjoy the journey.

I feel very lucky to have fans like you and hope you continue to enjoy my work. I loved singing for FE and I've got more exciting projects in the works.

Please keep in touch and I'll do the same...and thanks again for turning a crappy day into one I'll never forget!!!

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

i__m_not_crying_by_dakotaat1135-d4gtt86.

But seriously, I think I can speak for the majority of the fanbase when I say your performance as both a singer and a VA was amazing, that the haters are whiny and entitled gits and that we'd be very happy if you were to voice characters in future FE games. Don't let the weeblings get you down and know that the majority of us love your work.

I never had a problem with the localized song to be honest. Granted that I first believed the Japanese version sounded better at first, but after spamming the song from Smash and getting used to the lyrics,I think both of them are equally great. I've already memorized 90% of the lyrics and I just love the Nohr version of it!!

Ms Strober, if you're reading this, I really want you to know that I really love the song!! Some people just need to get used to it and then they will start appreciate it but often make negative comments before that. It will be amazing if you would voice for another character in other games as well with your singing talents! ^_^

edit: oh she read this topic already BUT I'M STILL POSTING THIS.

Edited by LoboKD001

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

I hope you continue singing and doing what you love no matter what people say. No more tears. ;w;

Hi Rena! I'm so glad you were able to see this topic and how we appreciate you and your work! Sorry you had to deal with the bad side of the fandom.

I love what I've heard of your Azura so far, the different versions of the song are fantastic (the Nohr version is so powerful, I love it!) and I find the localization for it impressively well done. Great job! I look forward to hearing more of your works in future!

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Oh my gosh! Ms.Strober (if you don't mind me calling you that, if you do then I'm so sorry), first I want to say that I'm a huge fan of yours and I'm so sorry that some awful people have said those things to you or about you. I only found out about this an hour ago and I wanted to say something sooner but I don't have a twitter so I didn't get a chance to.

I hope those people didn't make you think that everyone in the FE fanbase was as awful as them. I know everyone here (and other places as well) thought you did an amazing job as Azura and that both versions of "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" are fantastic.

(I'm so sorry if I sounded weird or something but I wanted to say something since I didn't think I would gotten a chance to.)

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Ms. Strober,

I just want to say it again, but you did a wonderful job with "Lost in Thought All Alone." I keep listening to it over and over, and it just fills me with so much emotion, every time, every day I listen to it. From the little I have heard, it seems that you did a great job with Azura's speaking voice as well.

I wish you the best of luck in your singing, acting, and voice acting careers. I've listened to some of the songs you've posted on your website and youtube, and I have to say that you are very talented and have a fantastic voice.

Please don't let the negativity get you down. Unfortunately, a part of this fanbase tends to lash out and overreact to every little change in the English version. A lot of us really do appreciate and admire your work and talent.

All the best!

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

But seriously, I think I can speak for the majority of the fanbase when I say your performance as both a singer and a VA was amazing, that the haters are whiny and entitled gits and that we'd be very happy if you were to voice characters in future FE games. Don't let the weeblings get you down and know that the majority of us love your work.

These are my thoughts exactly. Miss Strober, I hope that you'll lend your voice to more video games by Nintendo. Who knows, maybe you'll end up as one of the big names several projects from now?

Btw, your Azura is friggin awesome. Almost makes me wish Renka (Azura's JP voice actor) had done a full length version of the Nohr variant so I could hear you sing the whole thing - in English!

Edited by Renvalt

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Welcome Miss Strober! All of us truly appreciate your fantastic performance! I'm really looking forward to hearing the full extent of your singing and voice work once I get the game; I'll be in for a treat! :D

If you end up buying Fates and decide to play it, you're more than welcome to ask questions! There are a ton of talented players here who can help out should you need it.

It must be really cool for you, as a voice actor, to see your performance come to life.

If you're still reading this, thanks for all the work you put into this game. I admit, I had mixed feelings when I first heard the English version of the song, but that turned right around once I heard the full version in Smash Bros. (another game featuring various Nintendo characters, including the protagonist of Fates). You did a great job, especially considering you had to sing to a melody originally composed for another language entirely. That can't be easy.

The Fire Emblem fandom can get kind of crazy sometimes (what fandom can't?), and I'm sorry you got caught in the middle of it, but I'm glad to hear things are going better for you now. It's not all bad, I promise.

I'm looking forward to hearing your voice in the game, too. Hard to believe we only have one more day to wait.

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

I didn't get to say anything earlier, but I'm happy to know you were able to see this little corner of the internet, and that we were able to help in some way.

And good job on your performance of course, I'm liking "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" more and more now that I've sat down and listened to the whole thing. Were there any particular difficulties about performing a song that originated in a different language or was it actually not much different?

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Hi, welcome to Serenes Forest! I'm glad to see you were able to figure things out, I hope you find our forum to your liking; it's a pleasure to have you! If you have any issues while you're around, just send me a PM (click my name > click "send me a message") and I'll do what I can.

I think it's very hard to think poorly of someone who would involve themselves so closely with the fanbase. It's also very brave on your part to put yourself out there. I'd wager you've earned yourself some lifetime fans just for taking the time to speak to everyone here for a little bit. I'm certainly very impressed by both your work and your dedication!

From what I've seen (heard, technically!), you've done a wonderful job with the character. There's no pleasing everyone in a situation like this, and I'm sure you know more than most that people are quick to criticize anything that's different from what they know or prefer. In this case, you've undeservedly caught flak for something that was out of your control. You did your job, and very well in my opinion! Should you end up working on another FE title in the future, you can count on a collective fistpump from my staff :P:.

Edit: Also, I set your forum badge to Azura, because how could I possibly resist? You can change it in your profile settings if you ever wish to, lol!

---

As for ~you~ guys, it's not often that I find myself proud enough of the community to make a post about it, but this is one of those times. There is a lot of positive energy going around here, and you guys have responded to the drama in a way that I might not have expected a few years ago. Keep it up, SF is the largest FE community on the web, and a lot of people see the things that you say whether you know it or not. This is the way that the people working hard on the game series that we love deserve to be treated, and I'm incredibly proud to have logged in to see you brighten someone's day. The FE fanbase is as passionate as any fanbase out there, it's always been our greatest strength, and when you focus it on something positive, you'll see your passion recognized in an equally positive way :P:.

Make sure you thank her for taking the time to chat with us!

Edited by Tangerine