Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

Geez, people need to learn not to bash everything they dislike.

I prefer the Japanese dubbing, but that doesn´t stop me from praising Rena Strober work. Dubbing not only the dialogue, but also singing a Main Theme is a lot of work and she probably put a lot of effort in it. So, regardless of our tastes or native language, we should respect her work.

I thank you for your dedication, Ms. Strober. And I wish you a lot of success in future projects.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've probably moved on from this thread by now, but if by any chance you look at the comments in this thread again, thank you so much for your performance, Ms. Strober!

It was beautiful singing…. I just completed "Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright" and I particularly loved your take on "The End of All (Sky)". Its the version of Azura's song that is used towards the end of the game for the background music of the final chapter (Ch. 28 of Birthright, "Endgame") and thus plays when you're facing off against the final boss of the game….

Dear AMAZING people on this thread. Sorry it took me a while to get logged in..but i finally figured it out!

Let me first say that I've ready every single comment and am moved beyond belief at your kindness and support.

I've worked on many games but mostly come from the Broadway/TV world where there aren't as many people voicing opinions on the internet. I had no idea I was about to become part of something so big and so exciting. Anything of this magnitude is going to come with its lovers & haters.

I'm learning quickly to disregard unwarranted criticism and focus on my work and the amazing FE fans!! I'm also doing what I love everyday..singing and bringing life to these awesome characters and feel lucky to do so.

It's so easy to get swept up in the drama and lose site of what's really important...to tell the story and hope that players enjoy the journey.

I feel very lucky to have fans like you and hope you continue to enjoy my work. I loved singing for FE and I've got more exciting projects in the works.

Please keep in touch and I'll do the same...and thanks again for turning a crappy day into one I'll never forget!!!

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Very beautiful performance indeed, Do not listen to the jerks that put you down, Both versions of Azura's song when she dances are beautifully done. The Birthright version is soft and serene which reflects Hoshido. The conquest version is more upbeat and faster which reflects Nohr.

I won't lie, I prefer the Japanese voices....

...but that doesn't mean I think the English ones are... well, I'm not even going to dignify the criticism with a mention, because it's kind of disgusting.

To this day I don't understand why so many people can't form an opinion without ruthlessly and relentlessly attacking someone/something...

I think Rena Strober did a pretty good job as Azura. I liked the song, it reminded me of the old Lunar games :D

You've probably moved on from this thread by now, but if by any chance you look at the comments in this thread again, thank you so much for your performance, Ms. Strober!

It was beautiful singing…. I just completed "Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright" and I particularly loved your take on "The End of All (Sky)". Its the version of Azura's song that is used towards the end of the game for the background music of the final chapter (Ch. 28 of Birthright, "Endgame") and thus plays when you're facing off against the final boss of the game….

I'll never move on from a thread filled with such awesome people...enjoying a game I was part of. I'm shooting a movie so it's hard to check in every day, but I'll definitely check in when I can so see if people are having a good time! xo Rena

Good luck on the movie then. My copy of FEF is delayed due to weather but the payoff'll be all the more sweeter when I get it. We appreciate you checking in still.

As I just finished all three routes of Fates (thank you special edition copy of the game), I hereby say that I freaking love Rena Strober's work as Azura. I love all the english versions of the songs too, and freaking love Azura's voice.

Huge props to you. I love it.

No idea why people would be hating you for it!

I absolutely love all the singing Rena has done for Fates.

While I still can't play the game myself (heh, I live in Europe) I'm looking forward to the day I'll be able to listen to Azura's voice in my 3DS.

I often listen to these songs when I'm lost in thoughts all alone (duh) or with my girlfriend. They're sweet, and inspirational.

Thanks again for your hard work, Ms. Rena.

Big hugs from Italy

I'll never move on from a thread filled with such awesome people...enjoying a game I was part of. I'm shooting a movie so it's hard to check in every day, but I'll definitely check in when I can so see if people are having a good time! xo Rena

The movie and game industry needs talented actors like you.

I don't get how people don't like this performance.
I just watched the Nohr Dance for the first time in English and I was absolutely amazed how good it was.
This alone makes me look forward more to the Europe release tbh.

I don't get how people don't like this performance.

I just watched the Nohr Dance for the first time in English and I was absolutely amazed how good it was.

This alone makes me look forward more to the Europe release tbh.

I can understand why people may or may not prefer it over the original JP.

I don't understand why she gets flack for it though, so...yeah. People are weird.

Finally got my own copy of Birthright yesterday, so I'm now able to legitimately hear your voice in the game. The only other time was the track in Smash Brothers.

Your voice is beautiful, it really is. I think it matches Azura's character perfectly. I don't normally like vocal singers, mainly because of my slight hearing loss that I can barely make out what any one says. Your voice is clear and I can understand what you're saying. Well, I KNOW what you're saying. I don't understand it too well, but maybe I will once I get further into the game, haha.

I love your voice and I wish you the best in your career.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! Nintendo just sent me the cool Special edition keychains and the game! I can't wait to play it! Just wanted to say Hi and thanks again for being amazing fans.

xo

Rena

That's awesome; all of us here are free to help you if you get stuck deciding what to do.

Hi guys! Nintendo just sent me the cool Special edition keychains and the game! I can't wait to play it! Just wanted to say Hi and thanks again for being amazing fans.

xo

Rena

If this is your first time playing, I recommend Conquest!Lunatic on Classic mode. That'll help you ease into things.

And again, thanks for doing such a great job! I honestly hope you voice more FE characters in the future.

xo

Rena

I hope you enjoy it! Feel free to ask for advice around here if you need it!

Awesome :P:.

The Fates section of our website has all of the info you might need while playing and is updated regularly, especially if you're new to the series:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/

We also have a thread for sharing friend/castle codes if you decide to get involved with that part of the game:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=61196&page=1

--

Hope you enjoy it!

If this is your first time playing, I recommend Conquest!Lunatic on Classic mode. That'll help you ease into things.

And again, thanks for doing such a great job! I honestly hope you voice more FE characters in the future.

Eh, I'd recommend Normal/Casual if this is her first time playing a Fire Emblem game.

xo

Rena

I hope you enjoy it! If you can, let us know which route you decided to play through!

xo

Rena

Congrats! I hope you have a fun time with Fates. ^^

Edited by December Knight

After playing Conquest and half of Birthright, I definitely think Rena Strober did a phenomenal job as Azura. One of my favorite voices in the game!

xo

Rena

Enjoy the game! :D