Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

Hi guys! Nintendo just sent me the cool Special edition keychains and the game! I can't wait to play it! Just wanted to say Hi and thanks again for being amazing fans.

xo

Rena

Hope you have fun, it's been a blast for me so far.

Using Azura only is clearly the best way to play and you should totally do it. Yep.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! Nintendo just sent me the cool Special edition keychains and the game! I can't wait to play it! Just wanted to say Hi and thanks again for being amazing fans.

xo

Rena

Woo! How cool is that! Now you get to see the sheer amount of times you get to hear your voice! Azura is such a central character, im so glad she has such a lovely voice. The songs with your singing are featured in key moments and boy, do they really add to the drama and atmosphere. I just love the full version of Lost In Thoughts All Alone.

xo

Rena

Oh, maybe tell us your My Castle address so we can visit and give you gifts?

Shhhhhh.

Don't listen to him, I can assure you that Conquest on Lunatic difficulty is the ultimate starting experience for new Fire Emblem players.

Don't worry Rena; he's being sarcastic. In all seriousness, play Normal/Casual first to get a feel for the game.

Where can I hear the song's version that plays during Conquest Endgame?

EDIT: Nevermind, I actually found all 3 routes, though I've only played Conquest so far.

Edited by Lanko

Where can I hear the song's version that plays during Conquest Endgame?

EDIT: Nevermind, I actually found all 3 routes, though I've only played Conquest so far.

https://youtu.be/mVKrpiphCuo?list=PL6akIKaXBeU2Grz-eLgC_o7ddAxfYfGQl heres the Conquest one, mate.

xo

Rena

I hope you enjoy the game. I know I finished playing through the game for my YouTube channel last Friday (though not everything is published yet :p) and I would have to say that it is tied for my second favorite Fire Emblem game. It really great stuff. Also, after playing through the game like twice, I've fallen in love with your singing. Keep up the great work. :3

xo

Rena

That's amazing. Special Edition is the way to go. Hope you enjoy it. (And playing as Azura of course)

xo

Rena

That's great! I've been playing it whenever I can, and I think it's a really good game! I hope you have fun with it!

Thank you for voicing Azura, Rena. Great work. Also you did a fantastic job on the lyrical portions. I really love the Nohr version of the song. Glad to hear that each version will have its own song, so that when I can buy it, I'll get to enjoy new songs. :D

Oh, tell your castmates the same, as I haven't found one that I haven't liked, voice wise. Everyone seems to fit. If you can, not sure if you can or not.

xo

Rena

All the best Rena!

I can't decide which version of "Lost in thoughts all alone" I like the most. Birthright, Conquest, or Revelation's? They're all so fantastically sung.

Edited by Shadow Knight

xo

Rena

Just a tip, don't use Azura, I heard she's an awful unit.

Seriously though, good luck and remember to ask if you have any problems!

xo

Rena

Hey Rena, if you have two hours to kill, I highly suggest "dance grinding" Azura when you recruit her in Chapter 5. After killing all of the enemies but the hooded man/boss you can actually have Azura sing for Corrin over and over again for free experience. It'll get super tedious, but if you can hit Level 18-20, your Azura will be extremely powerful and be able to survive a hit or two more than normal.

xo

Rena

Awesome! I hope you enjoy the game! I suspect all of us here can tell you how great it is. I'm certainly enjoying it! :D

Just a tip, don't use Azura, I heard she's an awful unit.

Seriously though, good luck and remember to ask if you have any problems!

That's not my experience. Azura is actually one of the stronger units my game, with a very good dodging ability. Admittedly I always bring her (and Avatar) along when I grind up other units in skirmishes, so that's probably how she got to be so powerful. Although in the late game levels (I'm currently playing Birthright), Azura has become a one-hit kill for enemies, so I usually keep her out of enemy fire and have her sing for others, but she can kill quite easily if needed. I also find her to be a great dual support unit, and I've taken advantage of her personal skill that heals others slightly at the start of each turn. So I'd say that while Azura might not be the best offensive-wise (being a glass canon and all), she is FANTASTIC support-wise and, in my opinion, a worthwhile unit (especially for story reasons).

I'm definitely going to do some Chapter 5 grinding with her before attempting Conquest, however.

Azura seems surprisingly good at combat for a dancer type character, with her Speed and Strength... she's a bit fragile, though. I never really used her for combat, though, since I found her singing far more useful. (...But I think Thane was joking.)

Anyway. Good luck with the game, and I hope you enjoy it. I've been having a lot of fun with it myself. Don't hesitate to ask us if you need any help.

Oh, that's nice to hear, that Nintendo sent you a copy of the game that you voice on of the lead characters of.

Your character, Azura, the Songstress, is a pretty useful unit in the game. She has the ability to grant one of your units the capability to take a second action in a given turn, which is extremely valuable for its flexibility: let your strongest attacker move and attack twice in one turn if you need that the most, or let your healer heal two different people if you need that the most, or let someone move into danger to perform some action and then get given a second move so they can step back out of danger. And so on. Its an extremely valuable ability, and your character is the only one who can do it.

She should probably be deployed on your team in most battles. She's just that good because of this ability.

She's fragile, so you want to keep her safe away from enemies, but her "Sing" ability is amazing.

Oh, that's nice to hear, that Nintendo sent you a copy of the game that you voice on of the lead characters of.

Your character, Azura, the Songstress, is a pretty useful unit in the game. She has the ability to grant one of your units the capability to take a second action in a given turn, which is extremely valuable for its flexibility: let your strongest attacker move and attack twice in one turn if you need that the most, or let your healer heal two different people if you need that the most, or let someone move into danger to perform some action and then get given a second move so they can step back out of danger. And so on. Its an extremely valuable ability, and your character is the only one who can do it.

She should probably be deployed on your team in most battles. She's just that good because of this ability.

She's fragile, so you want to keep her safe away from enemies, but her "Sing" ability is amazing.

To build on to this, it may be worth having Azura slip into other classes to pick up some skills before changing back to Songstress. Her secondary class option is the Sky Knight class tree, for starters, but for more, simply have Azura reach an A support with other females before using the Friendship Seal (not obtained right away) to change her into the primary class of her friend. If you have Azura marry one of the guys, she can use a Partner Seal for the same class-changing purpose.

Heh, it's interesting that Rena will be playing as both Corrin and Azura simultaneously.

Also, I feel like some of the negative feedback may have more to do with the translation of the main song than Rena's actual performance in it. Some of the words feel kind of forced, which is common in dubbed songs where the translator prioritizes the literal translations over a looser translation that may sound better. Regardless, I found that it definitely grew on me, and I am very happy that we were able to get such an amazing singer in Fire Emblem!

• 1 month later...

Hello wonderful Fire Emblem fans! I've been getting lots of requests to make a video of myself singing Lost in Thoughts All Alone. I checked with Nintendo if I was allowed to do that and they said YES!!

I thought I'd get your advice on the best way to release that video...as to not get hate mail from the 'other' kids of FE fans :)

I'll use a track and sing through some of the ballad version of the song. I'm just going to keep it simple..no recording studio...nothing fancy. Just me singing it. I thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Rena

Hello wonderful Fire Emblem fans! I've been getting lots of requests to make a video of myself singing Lost in Thoughts All Alone. I checked with Nintendo if I was allowed to do that and they said YES!!

I thought I'd get your advice on the best way to release that video...as to not get hate mail from the 'other' kids of FE fans :)

I'll use a track and sing through some of the ballad version of the song. I'm just going to keep it simple..no recording studio...nothing fancy. Just me singing it. I thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Thanks!

Rena

whoa! And hello there. I dont really know my way around youtube, but you could try uploading it privately through there? Others might have better advice. The idea is brilliant and id love to hear it!

Thanks!

Rena

Well, you could put it on Youtube but have it unlisted...?