Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

I understand that you guys feel bad about prematurely shitting on her (and rightly so) but can we pull back a bit on this? If there's one thing I dislike about Japan is the constant seiyuu wankfest that goes on there and I would hate to see the same happen here with western VA's

...or most, if not all, of us are just simply fans who appreciate her work and/or think she's a great person!

I don't see anything wrong with that. You really can't lump people together like that and assume people are only acting this way because they feel bad.

We're a community of people but we're all different.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...or most, if not all, of us are just simply fans who appreciate her work and/or think she's a great person!

I don't see anything wrong with that. You really can't lump people together like that and assume people are only acting this way because they feel bad.

Well, I don't know if my word alone can prove something or convince anyone of anything, but I never got on the hate wagon, so I don't have any poisoned words to regret. I was actually surprised to learn that Strober's performance received a negative backlash initially. I thought her singing was quite soothing, and fit well with the tone of the game's story, so I didn't understand what there was to hate.

Well, I don't know if my word alone can prove something or convince anyone of anything, but I never got on the hate wagon, so I don't have any poisoned words to regret. I was actually surprised to learn that Strober's performance received a negative backlash initially. I thought her singing was quite soothing, and fit well with the tone of the game's story, so I didn't understand what there was to hate.

This. Word from Word.

I understand that you guys feel bad about prematurely shitting on her (and rightly so) but can we pull back a bit on this? If there's one thing I dislike about Japan is the constant seiyuu wankfest that goes on there and I would hate to see the same happen here with western VA's

I stick by the rule "if I wouldn't say it to the person's face, I won't say it here". Except this time, we know that said person is reading this. Furthermore, this is an appreciation thread specifically for her, so having a lot of praise for her is to be expected.

In other words, wrong place and time, buddy.

Sounds good, looking forward to it!

I messaged Hima to show them your response to our gift (for people not on twitter: https://twitter.com/RenaStrober/status/727675456074358786 ) and you'll probably make their day when they see it! They were on board as soon as I approached them about it, was nice of you to take the pic! Glad you're happy with it :P:.

oh man how adorable. That is a really lovely doll. That pic is killin' me.

this totally.

Man, reading about all this crap that went down before the NA release of this game makes me glad I was able to avoid THAT tremendous clusterfuck.

The singing itself was pretty good. I just got sick of hearing the very first part of it, not her fault at all though rather than the game's habit of tossing it around so often.

I really don't see a problem with the localization of Lost in Thoughts All Alone. In fact, I admire Rena for being able to translate and localize a song while making it sound as fluid as the original. The haters really don't know what they're talking about. I kinda want to hear a Revelation version of the song though. Keep up the good work, Rena.

I'm a guy that likes Renka's singing a bit more... especially since I like the JP version of the game in general.

However, this is an appreciation thread for her, so showering her with praise is to be expected. It's the entire point of the thread.

Edit: Frick, Eclipse already said everything I did. That's what I get for not scroll down and reading everything before I quote and respond to a post.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I like Rena's voice better because she made the song sound more lively compared to the Japanese version. Now don't get me wrong, Renka has a beautiful voice but I feel like Rena sang it better in my opinion :3

I really don't see a problem with the localization of Lost in Thoughts All Alone. In fact, I admire Rena for being able to translate and localize a song while making it sound as fluid as the original. The haters really don't know what they're talking about. I kinda want to hear a Revelation version of the song though. Keep up the good work, Rena.

I'm pretty sure she only sung the song, and had no hand in translating it.

Ms. Strober, that was absolutely beautiful.

Thank you so much for doing this! It was wonderful.

I'm not sure if it was intentional or if it really matters but the full song title is "Lost in Thoughts All Alone".

We'll know what song you're talking about either way. :)

Edit: The title was since been updated.

Edited by Takeru

You're quite passionate, I must say. It was very lovely, Miss Strober. I imagine I'm not the only one that wanted to sing along.

You really did a great job on this, so keep it up!

Edited by Dai

Although it certainly sounds a bit different from what it sounds like in the game (probably because of different acoustics), your singing of "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" isn't any less pleasant to listen to! Thank you so much for it and can't wait for more!