Rena Strober appreciation thread

Thane

Oh man...i have all these feels right now.

Dear AMAZING people on this thread. Sorry it took me a while to get logged in..but i finally figured it out!

Let me first say that I've ready every single comment and am moved beyond belief at your kindness and support.

I've worked on many games but mostly come from the Broadway/TV world where there aren't as many people voicing opinions on the internet. I had no idea I was about to become part of something so big and so exciting. Anything of this magnitude is going to come with its lovers & haters.

I'm learning quickly to disregard unwarranted criticism and focus on my work and the amazing FE fans!! I'm also doing what I love everyday..singing and bringing life to these awesome characters and feel lucky to do so.

It's so easy to get swept up in the drama and lose site of what's really important...to tell the story and hope that players enjoy the journey.

I feel very lucky to have fans like you and hope you continue to enjoy my work. I loved singing for FE and I've got more exciting projects in the works.

Please keep in touch and I'll do the same...and thanks again for turning a crappy day into one I'll never forget!!!

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Eeeee. Welcome to Serenes Forest, Miss Strober! And we should be thanking you for taking time out to visit us, and lending your massive talent to this game. So many of us will be hearing your voice for a long time to come. Its safest to say that this is the site that represents the FE fandom, given its prominence! Please feel free to come visit us again! We are always going to welcome you!

Well this really moved me, so I decided to make an account^^

I just wanted to voice my opinion that you did an amazing job with Fire Emblem Fates and I'm sure you will go down in this forum's history as an astonishing voice actor! It's amazing somebody registered here, who worked directly on something many of us will definitely love.

This all kinda inspired me to paint something reaaaally quick:

6wyEhzF.jpg

Oh gee, thats just really freaking lovely. I....im with the Fruit right now, bursting with pride that you lot are being so amazing!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear AMAZING people on this thread. Sorry it took me a while to get logged in..but i finally figured it out!

Let me first say that I've ready every single comment and am moved beyond belief at your kindness and support.

I've worked on many games but mostly come from the Broadway/TV world where there aren't as many people voicing opinions on the internet. I had no idea I was about to become part of something so big and so exciting. Anything of this magnitude is going to come with its lovers & haters.

I'm learning quickly to disregard unwarranted criticism and focus on my work and the amazing FE fans!! I'm also doing what I love everyday..singing and bringing life to these awesome characters and feel lucky to do so.

It's so easy to get swept up in the drama and lose site of what's really important...to tell the story and hope that players enjoy the journey.

I feel very lucky to have fans like you and hope you continue to enjoy my work. I loved singing for FE and I've got more exciting projects in the works.

Please keep in touch and I'll do the same...and thanks again for turning a crappy day into one I'll never forget!!!

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Welcome to the Forest, Ms. Strober! I'm so sorry your first encounter with the FE fanbase was with those weebs--not everyone is as awful as them. I'm glad to that you found your appreciation thread and that it cheered you up--you seriously did not deserve the bashing you got at first. Your singing and voice work for Azura were amazing, and I can't stop listening to your renditions of "Lost in Thoughts All Alone". NoA had a good eye for talent when they picked you for the role, because you brought it to life. You've earned every bit of praise you've received, and you absolutely did not deserve the bashing you first got.

Edited by Abvora

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

You've spoken with me before just two days ago, and I want to say that your forgiveness lifted my mind very much from what I had caused. Once again, I'm the uploader of the Fire Emblem Fates English and Japanese Comparison and I just want to say that you're a beautiful person, so don't let those negative comments keep you from shining.

My first time hearing your voice in the E3 trailer months ago is very different from now. I didn't quite like it back then, but as I listened to the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Lost in Thoughts All Alone and watched the Hoshido and Nohr dances more and more, I began to love your voice quite a lot. I can't wait to hear more tomorrow and 'play on' as you told me. (^▽^)

Edited by Potato-chan Nana

Wow. I hadn't expected you to enter the Forest, Ms. Strober, but welcome. Being a heavy video game person, I can't say I've heard of you before your work on Fates, but your work on "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" was absolutely beautiful, and I hope to hear more of your work in the future.

I feel bad for only finding this thread now, but I'm glad the words of others have made Rena feel better regardless. Honestly, it was rather disheartening to see so many people sending her so much hate and disliking her so much. While I've been trying not to majorly spoil myself, I have heard Lost in Thoughts All Alone via the smash soundtrack, and once the point in the game where Azura is performing in front of Garon (Don't quite know the context for that yet) was leaked in english, I couldn't help but want to listen. Not only was Lost in Thoughts All Alone absolutely incredibly done by Rena Strober, but I've practically listened to it on repeat every day since I first heard it. And the Nohr version of that performing scene was absolutely stunning and just amazing to listen to.

Oh, and as a bit of fun information, my mother has gained some interest in the Fire Emblem series as of late, and I'm planning on sending her a playthrough of the game to watch very soon. From what little she knows about Awakening, her favorite characters are Olivia and Inigo, and she's already gained interest in Azura due to the similar class to Olivia. I've sent her Lost in Thoughts All Alone and shown her the leaked performance scenes, and she absolutely loves your voice already. I hope knowing a slightly old mom is looking forward to getting to know your character very soon makes you feel happy as well. You deserve all the support you get and more, Rena Strober. I can hardly wait to listen to you once my copy of the game finally arrives in the mail. (Sadly that won't be until a few days after the release, but it'll be worth the wait regardless.)

I wish I saw this thread earlier.

Welcome to the Forest Ms. Strober, I'm really glad to hear that the comments made here made you happy. I know that some people in this fanbase can be brutal, especially since some fans can be ridiculously harsh in their words, but there are many of us that do appreciate what you did for this game and I'm really happy with how you brought the character of Azura to the English audience. I appreciate your work and I hope you keep going no matter what.

Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing your songs when I pick up the game tomorrow!

Edited by Medeus

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Oh wow! She actually posted here?! That's amazing! :O

Don't worry about the hate. Your voice and singing are great! ;)

Lurker popping in here to show my appreciation for Ms. Strober. I thought your singing and voice work were fantastic, and I'm sorry to hear of the rude comments some people have made. You did a wonderful job as Azura and I wish you all the best in the future.

Wow, just listened to the english version of the theme today, and here I come to the threads and find the actual singer has come and given her thanks here!

To Rena and to all Emblemeers in the forum: This song means a lot to me, having listened to it in a time of great struggle for me. The song's beauty and message of hope, and the realization that life is two-sided comes at a time when I've had a long time friend recently pass away. The song touches me deeply, in that regard. The line "even the thorn in your heart may in time become a rose", especially helps me.

Despite the plethora of people around me, I feel that friend's loss deeply as yet. I see reminders of him every day. This song, however, and it's lovely singer, give me hope that I'll stop hurting quite so much sometime soon.

So, deeply and thoroughly, Rena Strober, and all my friends here in the Forest, thank you for being here.

You're gonna be OK...breath, cry and let yourself feel what you're feeling. Then call a friend and remember how great friends are!

Oh, wow, I completely missed your arrival here! I'm amazed and overjoyed that you decided to log on and speak with us like this. Thank you so much for interacting with your fans and being such an inspiration for so many. Please come hang out on our forum whenever you feel like. You'll always be welcome~!

Hello, Ms. Strober. It's wonderful to meet you. Welcome to Serenes Forest!

I'm so sorry for all of the... negative comments some people gave you. You didn't deserve it. You seem like an amazing person! And I think you did a fantastic job with Azura! I've listened to all versions of "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" and I've loved all of them. I can't wait to hear them again when I play the game myself!

So... again, welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

With Deep Gratitude,

Rena

Welcome to SF Rena Strober! I listened to your voice acting and singing for both versions of Azura's song and I loved them both. I can't wait to hear the full version. Keep up with the good work and I am really sorry about the hate you received. I hope it doesn't happen to you again. Have a nice week!

Edited by Frelia

Welcome to the Forest, Rena! I must admit I didn't really like the lyrics of the song when we first got a small clip but it certainly wasn't the singing! Since I've heard the full English version though, I just can't over how well you sung the "birthrights and love" line that I've had the song on repeat for like a week now.

http://serenesforest.net/2016/02/19/fire-emblem-fates-na-release-with-words-from-azura-herself/

Hey guys, stuck Rena Strober on our Front Page to highlight the release of Fates in the States.

Crushie's artwork is the headline to go with it! You guys are great!

I've been completely ignorant about what was happening here until I saw the opening post Elieson posted on the front page. So sorry!

Rena, while I may not be getting the game on day one, I love the sound of your voice and I think you're doing great. People are going to be critical about everything, that's just the way of life. But it's how we deal with it and press onward that matters. Thanks for the work you've put into your character and I, along with the rest of forums, wish you the best!

Whoa this is... Well, I feel honoured. Even though I'm only here occasionally (I've since moved to Genei Ibunroku ♯FE).

While I'm sticking with the Japanese version, I've heard a sample of the song and it's excellent. It's not losing to the Japanese version a single bit. I don't know what to say... well, I appreciate it!

You have done such an amazing job Miss Rena,

I can remember back in June when the trailer for Fates showed up,

I wasn't upset at all with the dub, I was more like "this voice is way too familiar"

and later on that day I saw that is one of my teachers from years ago, and then I was like " this is way too cool"

anyways, you did such an amazing job voicing Azura

-sincerly,

one of your former students I was there for like a few days

I was the boy who fell of the stage twice in the same day

Edited by Captain Karnage

Congratulations for a stellar performance Ms. Strober.

I'll be the first to admit to being biased towards original voices in all media I consume and generally being leery of dubs in general. I'll also freely admit to having being a bit turned off from the first original voice clips I heard. However after having had a chance to hear more of your work I'm happy to admit to having made an about face on my opinion. Your performance suited the character well, plus your singing performance was on par with Renka as far as I'm concerned.

So once again congratulations on a great performance. (Ps. stay away from tumblrs and reddits, wretched hives of scum and villainy :v).

I'd like to say whilst i prefer the japanese version of the song i still love Rena's version in its own right they're both beautiful tracks with both singers putting their own unique charm and personality into the song and would like it greatly if both singers returning to do more work in later entries(remakes included)

You're gonna be OK...breath, cry and let yourself feel what you're feeling. Then call a friend and remember how great friends are!

Thank you for the kind and generous words, Ms. Strober. I have a signifigant other, and he's deeply supportive of me, most especially in this time of recovery for me.

Music was always very important to me and my absent friend, and I only wish he could have heard your song before he left.

I have since last post, made progress getting better. I'll always miss my friend, but the friends I have in life, and the friends I have here, are still here. I won't be disappearing into grief on them anytime soon.

Thank you all for the help. And Ms. Rena, keep on shining.