IMPORTANT Best Buy Special Edition Info

dragonlordsd

Ok, just making this thread really quick.

If you preordered the Special Edition from best buy, and want to get it on Friday, make sure you choose "Expedited Shipping" NOT "Free Shipping."

Yes, on the website, it does say if you choose free shipping you will get it on the 19th. This is actually untrue. Double check your order details, and you'll see that you'll actually get it 25-28th.

You should still be able to edit your shipping if you do so by 12:00 CST tomorrow.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I sent an email about the expected release date and I'm still waiting for a reply. I hate having to pay $12 for shipping, but for the Special Edition, it's worth every penny. At least my paycheck for this month will be worth more than last month's.

I second this post because that's some serious bullshit that it's not set to expedited by default. Especially since I preordered this on November 12th >:

Agreed. It does say on preorders that if you order with free shipping, you will get it on release day (tried to preorder FFXV to see what would happen, it did the same thing. It says "Get it by Release Day").

Now I'm just freaking out hoping I changed my order in time to get it by Friday. It said "Choose this option by 12:00 CST to get it Friday February 19th" so we'll see...

Edited by dragonlordsd

Does this apply for us who are picking up in the store? I called my local Best Buy, and they said that they had copies and that I was to come in that day and get mine.

I'm going to hesitantly say that it shouldn't, since it wouldn't be "shipped" through the mail.

Does this apply for us who are picking up in the store? I called my local Best Buy, and they said that they had copies and that I was to come in that day and get mine.

If you're picking it up in store, you should be fine come Friday. It's just those who ordered online and are having it shipped to them since their copies are most likely coming from Best Buy's warehouses.

Yeah, I'm glad that I happen to look back at my order every so often because I just happened to notice that last night.

Thank goodness I noticed in time. Costed a little more money but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Yeah. If there were other options, like two day shipping for $6 or something, I might have felt a little cheated, but it's either shell out twelve dollars or wait an entire week. Two weeks in my case since I'm on vacation all next week (and thus I want to get this really bad so I have something to do)

Ugh, I wish GameStop would let me change mine. I checked on my order and realized I did standard shipping, so I probably won't get it till next week, if I'm lucky.

(If it's possible to change the shipping method for GameStop orders someone should tell me because I'm probably just blind)