Who are like the best 2 or 3 mothers for: Soleil, Velour, Ophelia, Eponine, Midoriko, Kinu and Shinonome?

Those are the only children that I care of and want them to be in my main team

Soleil really wants a physical mom. Her Personal Strength Growth (60%) is the highest of any child character, so you definitely want to compliment it. Peri is a pretty popular choice, mainly due to both Soleil and her dad getting Cavalier (Luna, Elbow Room ect.) and Peri getting Mercenary (Strong Reposte, Sol ect,). If your playing Revelation, Hana could also work, boosting up Soleil's low Speed (she has a -1 Modifier from Las) while also giving her Samurai (for Vantage, Flowing Strike and Life and Death). Really though, as long as you don't tank more than 1 of her Spd and Def Modifiers, she'll be okay.

Velouria is in a fairly similar boat. Keaton already gives her a +3 Str Modifiers and she has a 50% Personal Growth. 2 of her most popular pairings are Effie and Charlotte (mainly for dat +7 Str Mod), though Camilla works too (decent Str Mod, Growth and Wyvern Rider to use with her Fighter alternate class)

Ophelia is, predictably, a Magic focus Child. She does fine with any of the Magic Focus moms (Felicia, Nyx, Elise and even Orochi if your on Revelation), however, due to Elise and Leo being siblings, Ophelia is most often made Elise's daughter.

Nina is probably this games closes equivalent to Owain from Awakening (Wherein she has better Magic Mods and functions best as a Mage if you want to optimize). Elise will give her a great Personal Magic Growth (considering that she has better Personal Strength Growth), while Nyx will give her access to Diviner (Tomefaire and Breaking Sky). If you want her to go Physical, you can make Charlotte or Effie her mom (much like Vaike!Owain).

Midori is pretty complicated, so I may get into her later and I'm not too sure about Selkie and Shiro.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nina is probably this games closes equivalent to Owain from Awakening (Wherein she has better Magic Mods and functions best as a Mage if you want to optimize). Elise will give her a great Personal Magic Growth (considering that she has better Personal Strength Growth), while Nyx will give her access to Diviner (Tomefaire and Breaking Sky). If you want her to go Physical, you can make Charlotte or Effie her mom (much like Vaike!Owain).

Does Mozu work here as well, or is that just a terrible idea? I seem to be getting the sense some people feel Mozu is almost worth skipping altogether, but she's also one of the few ways to get Bowfaire in Conquest. Niles seems like he could wreak havoc as a Sniper, BF Bow Knight, or BF Kinshi Knight, and could then pass BF to Nina to allow her to be a BF Bow Knight (or BF Kinshi if she marries Shigure). I've only just started looking into pairings, so correct me if I'm bringing up horrible ideas.

Does Mozu work here as well, or is that just a terrible idea? I seem to be getting the sense some people feel Mozu is almost worth skipping altogether, but she's also one of the few ways to get Bowfaire in Conquest. Niles seems like he could wreak havoc as a Sniper, BF Bow Knight, or BF Kinshi Knight, and could then pass BF to Nina to allow her to be a BF Bow Knight (or BF Kinshi if she marries Shigure). I've only just started looking into pairings, so correct me if I'm bringing up horrible ideas.

I ALMOST brought her up, as I actually think she (and Setsuna on Revelation) is probably Niles' best wife from a class perspective. Archer for Niles is great (Nina also really likes Aptitude) and Mozu as an Outlaw seems pretty nice too. The modifiers aren't great, but the Pairing is probably one of his best Main Game wise.

Edited by Avalanche

I ALMOST brought her up, as I actually think she (and Setsuna on Revelation) is probably Niles' best wife from a class perspective. Archer for Niles is great (Nina also really likes Aptitude) and Mozu as an Outlaw seems pretty nice too. The modifiers aren't great, but the Pairing is probably one of his best Main Game wise.

Okay, thanks for the response. I feel like Aptitude is a skill that my brain overlooks after Awakening, but where Second Sealing repeatedly is no longer an option in this game, the growth rate boost seems more meaningful.

Edited by Ezrius

Does anybody have suggestions for optimal Revelation pairings? I need any help that I can get

We're gonna crack this nut, don't you worry. Honestly, I'm still a little confused myself at which combination is the best for optimizing Revelation, while also recruiting every child. I'll take a look at your pairings you posted in a little bit and I'll give my input.

For Conquest:

Kamui x Leon

Elise x Odin

Elfie x Flannel

Aqua x Suzukaze

Charlotte x Xander

Luna x Lazwald

Camilla x Joker?

Belka x Cyrus?

Pieri x Zero?

I'm left with Benoit, Nyx, Felicia and Harold I think? I don't plan on using them though.

For Revelation:

â—¦+Spd - Mag Kamui + Lazward

â—¦Aqua + Joker

â—¦Suzukaze + Belka

â—¦Cyrus + Oboro

â—¦Ryouma + Kagerou

â—¦Takumi + Kazahana

â—¦Tsukuyomi + Sakura

â—¦Saizou + Hinoka

â—¦Marx + Charlotte

â—¦Leon + Elfie

â—¦Zero + Camilla

â—¦Hinata + Mozume

â—¦Tsubaki + Luna

â—¦Harold + Setsuna

â—¦Asama + Orochi

â—¦Nishiki + Pieri

â—¦Odin + Felicia

â—¦Benoit + Rinka

â—¦Flannel + Nyx

I didn't really pick any of these for gameplay reasons. I only pick my pairings based off of supports or hair colours, so some of them are obvious duds (Flannel + Nyx and Leon + Elfie), but I'm curious about how they are from an optimization standpoint too.

Edited by Matt-hue

For Revelation:

â—¦+Spd - Mag Kamui + Lazward

â—¦Aqua + Joker

â—¦Suzukaze + Belka

â—¦Cyrus + Oboro

â—¦Ryouma + Kagerou

â—¦Takumi + Kazahana

â—¦Tsukuyomi + Sakura

â—¦Saizou + Hinoka

â—¦Marx + Charlotte

â—¦Leon + Elfie

â—¦Zero + Camilla

â—¦Hinata + Mozume

â—¦Tsubaki + Luna

â—¦Harold + Setsuna

â—¦Asama + Orochi

â—¦Nishiki + Pieri

â—¦Odin + Felicia

â—¦Benoit + Rinka

â—¦Flannel + Nyx

I didn't really pick any of these for gameplay reasons. I only pick my pairings based off of supports or hair colours, so some of them are obvious duds (Flannel + Nyx and Leon + Elfie), but I want to see how most of them are from an optimization standpoint too.

Most of those are fine, though Leo x Effie, Baki x Selena, and Keaton x Nyx are some of their worst pairing options both in terms of parents helping each other and the resulting kids.

What I'm thinking of doing for Revelations is (mainly for child optimization):

Xander x Charlotte (Pretty great, no complaints)

Ryoma x Kagero (Super strong Shiro and Ryoma gets another Sword class. Good)

Takumi x Oboro (I'm pretty sure she gives Takumi Apothecary and he always likes more bows. Solid stats for Kisaragi)

Leo x Sakura (Pretty nice, it gives Leo arguably his best skill line up and Sakura can even go offensive with Dark Mage. Forrest always wants a Nagic mom and Sakura does fine.)

Saizo x Beruka (Not crazy about this one, as Saizou already has a negative speed mod and Beruka would tank it further.)

Azama x Effie (Stronk Mitama is best Mitama)

Benny x Rinkah (It's an interesting Ignatius, great Defense and less awful speed. Good class options too.)

Odin x Elise (Pretty standard and good)

Hayato x Nyx (Good for everyone involved.)

Kaden x Hana (Selkie can go for a super glass canon set with Vantage, Life and Death and Flowing Strike. Might be too fragile, but I like it)

Subaki x Selena (I honestly think Selena benefits most here, getting Samurai. I've heard Caeldori is unfortunately a little mediocre in this pairing, which is a shame)

Hinata x Mozu/Hinoka (Between these two, I would go for Hinoka, purely because Mozu"s MoA overlaps with Hisames innate Samurai)

Silas x Hinoka/Mozu (Mozu x Silas is really nice for training her, as she gets Cav to use with Lances. Plus, Aptitude Sophie. Hinoka works great too, she gets Cav and Sophie and Silas get Sky Knight)

Kaze x Azura/Orochi (Midori is one of the weirdest and hardest kids to get a decent build down for. The best I've found is a Female Avatar marrying Kaze , which let's Midori get the Hoshido Skill for maximum Lucky Charm usage. Of these two, Azura is definitely the best, as her Speed Growth will really help Midori out. Orochi should look elsewhere, she'll tank Midori's Speed to the point where she may be unusable.)

Laslow x Camilla (All Soleil really wants are decent Physical Growths and either a positive Speed or Defense Mod. This provides it. It's decent, but I think they could do better.)

Niles x Setsuna/Felicia (Nina's a bit weird too, since she functions better as Magic user thanks to Niles' non negative Mod. Personally, if you wanted a Magic Nina, I'd go with wither Nyx or Elise, since Felicia will only give her a 30 something personal Growth. Setsuna is a great pairing for Niles himself, giving him and Nina a lot of Bow using options)

Keaton x Camilla/Setsuna (Camilla is actually one of my favorite Mom's for Velouria, since she gives good Physical stats and Wyvern Rider to use with her Fighter alternate. Setsuna gives good Speed and nice Pair Up's with Keaton, but Velouria will drop down to a 35% Personal Strength Growth, which is pretty meh.)

Jakob x Azura (I'm planning this for my first Hoshido run. I don't see any major flaws or strengths to it. Jakob gives Shigure Wyvern Rider for some weird reason though...)

Arthur x Peri (Nice, solid mods all around, It's a shame Arthur and Percy only get Dark Mage from Peri though.)[/spoiler]

I'm really unsure about all of these so any and all help would be much appreciated.

Comments in parenthesis, I'll finish them off a little later.

Edited by Avalanche

For Conquest, I'm currently leaning towards these key pairings my first go:

M. Corrin x Camilla (For a number of reasons, including the obvious ones. Camilla BFFs Beruka for Axefaire. Is +Spd/-Def still the go-to?)

Odin x Felicia/Nyx (Undecided, but both should support a good magical Ophelia)

Keaton x Effie (Because the hair doesn't look as weird, Camilla's taken, and Velouria Smash)

Laslow x Azura/Peri (Stuck on this, something seems right about pairing him with the dancer. Peri would be great in-game though)

Niles x Mozu (Because Bowfaire and classes, mainly)

Selena x Silas/Arthur (Not sure yet, don't know a ton about Arthur. Luna one way, Axefaire the other)

Leo x Odin's Leftovers (Same reasons behind Odin, mainly. Possible this could be Jacob instead)

Xander x Charlotte (Seems to be suggested everywhere I look and I'm fine with it)

Beruka x Kaze (Seems good for both)

Jacob/Benny/Silas/Arthur x ? (Undecided. I don't know enough about them yet. One will end up with whomever Laslow doesn't marry. One is marrying Selena.)

Elise x Probably no one

I know I won't get every Child this way, but it's for my first playthrough, and the children in this game don't seem as desperately overpowered/needed as in Awakening. I tend to prefer Physical characters and speed over Magic, so the fact that Nohr already kind of leans that way is nice. Can't wait for the game to release already.

Edited by Ezrius

Soleil really wants a physical mom. Her Personal Strength Growth (60%) is the highest of any child character, so you definitely want to compliment it. Peri is a pretty popular choice, mainly due to both Soleil and her dad getting Cavalier (Luna, Elbow Room ect.) and Peri getting Mercenary (Strong Reposte, Sol ect,). If your playing Revelation, Hana could also work, boosting up Soleil's low Speed (she has a -1 Modifier from Las) while also giving her Samurai (for Vantage, Flowing Strike and Life and Death). Really though, as long as you don't tank more than 1 of her Spd and Def Modifiers, she'll be okay.

Velouria is in a fairly similar boat. Keaton already gives her a +3 Str Modifiers and she has a 50% Personal Growth. 2 of her most popular pairings are Effie and Charlotte (mainly for dat +7 Str Mod), though Camilla works too (decent Str Mod, Growth and Wyvern Rider to use with her Fighter alternate class)

Ophelia is, predictably, a Magic focus Child. She does fine with any of the Magic Focus moms (Felicia, Nyx, Elise and even Orochi if your on Revelation), however, due to Elise and Leo being siblings, Ophelia is most often made Elise's daughter.

Midori is pretty complicated, so I may get into her later and I'm not too sure about Selkie and Shiro.

Great thank you so much!! I'll be checking out if some info comes out for the remaining ones!

So here are my Conquest pairings:

XanderxEffie

OdinxCamilla

LeoxAzura

KazexCharlotte

ArthurxPeri

LazlowxBelka

NilesxFelicia

SilasxElise

JakobxNyx

KeatonxLuna

BenoitxMozu

Xander definitely does the best with Charlotte with her nice boost to speed (which he really needs) and strength, and Effie's bulk can be better used elsewhere since Xander is already quite bulky. Odin and Leo both have magical children, so they would probably prefer magical units like Nyx and Elise.

If anyone is still having trouble with pairings, I recommend reviewing this compilations of different units and their ideal pairings that I found on reddit. It's helped me come up with the pairings for Conquest and Birthright I listed on the first page and I think they are really solid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/4549gy/fatespairing_recommendation_compilation/

I probably don't have the best pairings, but the ones with * is a MUST have on my team.

M.Corrin x Oboro*(What Assest/Flaw should i do?)

Azura x Azama

Jakob x No one

Silas x Mozu

Kaze x Rinkah

Ryoma x Kagero

Takumi x Setsuna

Saizo x Hinoka

Hinata x Setsuna
Subaki x Hana

Hayato x Orochi

Kaden x Felicia

I was actually referring to Shephen and you separately.

Oh. Well okay. At any rate, I hope this really helps you and everyone else on here out as much as it helped me. I found this on one of the other threads but I forget which one and it was kinda buried.

I probably don't have the best pairings, but the ones with * is a MUST have on my team.

M.Corrin x Oboro*(What Assest/Flaw should i do?) (You can roll with pretty much anything that isn't +Mag, since Oboro is super balanced)

Azura x Azama (Azama get's Falco Knight for a better version of Mountain Priest. Azura at least gives Mitama good Strength to work with.)

Jakob x No one

Silas x Mozu (Great, one of my favorite Pairings)

Kaze x Rinkah (Great for the two of them, not super for Midori)

Ryoma x Kagero (Great)

Takumi x Setsuna (Takumi needs Speed, so it's fine)

Saizo x Hinoka (It seems okay, though I've heard the Support itself is awful.)

Hinata x Setsuna (Not exactly sure how you got two Setsuna's, but I think this one works even better than her and Takumi)

Subaki x Hana (Okay, mostly becuase they join early on and in the same Chapter)

Hayato x Orochi (Ricken x Miriel 2.0, good)

Kaden x Felicia (No idea, probably a little too weak for the already frail Selkie)

Aside from not pairing Sakura and having Setsuna listed twice, it seems pretty solid. My recommendations would be;

Saizo x Orochi

Hayato x Sakura

Kaden x Hinoka

Takumi x Felicia (He likes the Speed Boost)

Edited by Avalanche

Aside from not pairing Sakura and having Setsuna listed twice, it seems pretty solid. My recommendations would be;

Saizo x Orochi

Hayato x Sakura

Kaden x Hinoka

Takumi x Felicia (He likes the Speed Boost)

Mind if I ask why Saizo and Orochi? Also, I don't know how i forgot Sakura

Mind if I ask why Saizo and Orochi? Also, I don't know how i forgot Sakura

Not at all. See, for some reason, Saizo has a pretty ridiculous Personal Magic Growth (it's higher than Odin's). In fact, his son's Personal Magic Growth is actually HIGHER than his Strength. Due to this, he can Pair Up pretty well with Magic characters, Orochi in particular because she also appreciates the Speed boost from the Ninja Pair Up. Toss Saizo an Explosive Shuriken and he'll be good to go.

Can Someone rate my pairings for my F!Corrin run? I'll bold the ones I don't want to change.

F!Corrin & Kaze- Kana & Midori

Azura & Jakob- Dwyer & Shigure

Silas & Hana- Sophie

Sakura & Tsubaki- Caeldori

Hinoka & Kaden- Selkie

Takumi & Oboro- Kisaragi

Ryoma & Kagero- Shinonome

Saizo & Orochi- Asugi

Hinata & Setsuna- Hisame

Hi guys. I am looking to start Lunatic mode on Birthright and I wanted to know how these pairings work. I want to optimize the children for PVP and future DLCs (hoping for an Apotheosis xD).

I also wanted to know if it was better to play as FeMU or MaMU and what asset/flaw to give. Thanks!! Is it good to get a 3rd gen Kanna?

Azura x Jakob

Hana x Kaden

Rinkah x Azama

Sakura x Hayato

Setsuna x Hinata

Hinoka x Subaki

Kagero x Ryoma

Felicia x Kaze

Oboro x Takumi

Mozu x Silas

Orochi x Saizo