Audio Skinships in English

Duke of Dozel

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they think Effie was too boring or something so they made her all about teh gains?

I think it is because they might have changed her character during localization (can't confirm, will know within the next 24 hours). JP Effie saw herself as a dainty, normal girl, despite the fact that she A) can bench press a castle, B) can crush diamonds with her teeth and C) can consume her armor's weight in food and not only not have it go to her legs but still be hungry. The other characters balked at these Goku-like actions and she just never really understood why people freaked out like they did. Again, she thought she was a normal girl.

Conversely, NOA Effie appears to be characterized as... well... the muscle building character, and they gave her a deeper voice as such. NOA, in my opinion, did not need to do this. Effie was interesting enough in her JP incarnation. Turning her into Sully 2.0 with a mixutre of Stahl makes her kinda dull. Which is a damn shame.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

Ooh I've always thought that the JP Deere sounded a bit aloof and apathetic (but in a way that reflects his personality), but NA Dwyer sounds ill, almost like he's dying... Poor him. I thought Alexa Ray was being unfair when she said Dwyer sucked, but listening to the Private Quarters dialogue I can't blame her anymore :)

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Okay, Charlotte sounds very pleasant and not the slightest bit bitchy.

Deere sounds lazy. As in "Just woke up from a hangover" lazy.

Flora: "I always get this warm feeling when I'm with you. It's a wonder I don't melt." ... ... ... O-KAY then.

Kagero is pretty nice as well. A bit higher pitched than I expected, but eh.

F!Kanna: Stop. Saying. "Pahpah"!

M!Kanna sounds more feminine than F!Kanna.

Laslow: They did it. They freaking did it. He sounds deep. Really deep. And is that really a hint of an English accent?

Percy: "Ace"? Hmm... Michalis->Ace? Maybe it's a nickname. Also, a child soldier voiced by Antony Del Rio? *que MGS: Peace Walker references*

Oboro sounds pretty good. As expected.

Ophelia is female Odin.

Orochi and Camilla may have the same VA.

Silas is Antony Del Rio. No question about it.

Sophie is Stephanie Sheh.

So, at the end of the day, Rhajat, Dwyer, and Selkie are the three I dislike voice-wise, and Velouria, Soleil, and the now-Picklemaster I dislike line-wise. Forrest and Siegbert I'm pretty "eh" on voice wise, and Subaki sounds a bit too deep.

Camilla doesn't sound all that old to me; I feel like the VA tried a bit too hard to sound deep, and that comes off as a throaty/husky voice sometimes (the whispered part of the S-support sounds almost like my maternal grandmother; other lines sound pretty alright).

Overall? Though we haven't heard critical quotes, I'm tempted to say Awakening's dub has the edge.

Edited by The DanMan

I think it is because they might have changed her character during localization (can't confirm, will know within the next 24 hours). JP Effie saw herself as a dainty, normal girl, despite the fact that she A) can bench press a castle, B) can crush diamonds with her teeth and C) can consume her armor's weight in food and not only not have it go to her legs but still be hungry. The other characters balked at these Goku-like actions and she just never really understood why people freaked out like they did. Again, she thought she was a normal girl.

Conversely, NOA Effie appears to be characterized as... well... the muscle building character, and they gave her a deeper voice as such. NOA, in my opinion, did not need to do this. Effie was interesting enough in her JP incarnation. Turning her into Sully 2.0 with a mixutre of Stahl makes her kinda dull. Which is a damn shame.

I think I sort of like how they at least explain why she is so strong instead of giving her super strength because wynaut

For Effie they were probably going "do you even lift bruh"

That's what it sounded like to me (although I vastly prefer JP!Effie sigh)

Also I was looking at those voice clips, scrolling on the tumblr blog...and I accidentally pressed play on Hisame's pickle lines (headphones weren't in).

Now my friends are looking at me weirdly

But those lines are the best lmao

LOL, I'm just typing these as I'm opening up the files

Ryoma OMFG. And Matt Mercer thought Chrom's lines were awkward XD

Shiro sounds sooooo good, exactly how I imagined it

Female Kana sounds really cute, but can't say the same for the male Kana, unfortunately... It was really weird

Hana's voice makes me think of Pokemon... It's not bad though. And Hinoka's voice reminds of Ash somehow... Not what I had in mind

Takumi why are you so precious :3

Benny's voice is also really good, but the lines did get a little too cheesy by the end

Saizo's voice is... unexpected. Not bad by any means, but it doesn't feel like it fits Saizo too well. Same thing with Shura

I know Nyx is supposed to have a child's body, but I thought she should at least sound like she's older than 10... Oh well, I'll get use to it

Xander, take a deep breath... Good

Gotta go to class now, but I'll be back. Enjoying these too much :D

Am I the only that's okay with Dwyer's voice? Sure it sounds like he's stoned, but I think it adds his lazy personality. Personally though, I wouldn't marry someone who sounds like that though. Then again, he'll be my son in my first playthrough. XD

Ryoma's lines are love and life. Leo's is also wonderful. I'm saving Jakob and Kaze's for last though.

I swear Asugi is Roger Craig Smith

Considering that Gaius was voiced by Gideon Emery in Awakening, I'm guessing that Gideon is also voicing Asugi, considering that Caeldori and Rhajat share the exact same voice actresses with their Awakening counterparts.

So far the skinships of characters I prefer have largely made me hopeful to the dub. Granted there are some misses here and there that I wish were better, but overall it's pretty solid. And lol, Eponine still has her fujoshi qualities. I'll just have my Kamui quickly dial up Saizou's nu- well, I don't want to spoil the oncoming festivities now do I XD (jk, but I love Saizou's sexy English voice over the deep and curt Japanese one that I couldn't care more for than just it being okay in my book.)

So much audio editing had to be done to sync up the voice acting and model animations.

Hope you guys like it!

sign me the FUCK UP

Also overall I like the english voices... I still am the only one who likes Hinoka's voice tbh... lol