Audio Skinships in English

Duke of Dozel

I don't know why but after listening to Niles' and Laslow's skinship dialogue a bunch of times I have no life, I kinda wish Niles was voiced by Liam O'Brien.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but after listening to Niles' and Laslow's skinship dialogue a bunch of times I have no life, I kinda wish Niles was voiced by Liam O'Brien.

To be fair, everyone wishes they were voiced by Liam O'Brien... lol

To be fair, everyone wishes they were voiced by Liam O'Brien... lol

That's true. But like his voice, especially with that British accent in Laslow's dialogue uhhhhh.....:P

I need help, too many husbandos

That's true. But like his voice, especially with that British accent in Laslow's dialogue uhhhhh.....:P

I need help, too many husbandos

You're not alone.

Also I forgot to mention, Nina's voice is rather... pleasing actually....

You're not alone.

Also I forgot to mention, Nina's voice is rather... pleasing actually....

Maybe it's just me, but a sounds a tiny bit like Cherami Leigh, but I highly doubt she would have worked on Fates.

Edited by Azz

Wow, yeah, I just have to echo some prior people's assessment of there just being a much greater range of quality this time around. I mean, God damn does selkie sound bad, like un-salvageable. Hinoka's is depressingly bad too, considering that she's pretty plot important even outside of romancing, and Effie's is also a step down. That said, Elise's VA did a good job, as did Rinkah's. Going to hold off on spoiling the rest for myself until I can pick it up though.

Wow, yeah, I just have to echo some prior people's assessment of there just being a much greater range of quality this time around. I mean, God damn does selkie sound bad, like un-salvageable. Hinoka's is depressingly bad too, considering that she's pretty plot important even outside of romancing, and Effie's is also a step down. That said, Elise's VA did a good job, as did Rinkah's. Going to hold off on spoiling the rest for myself until I can pick it up though.

haha

ha ha

ahahahaha... i... i wish... ;w;

Maybe it's just me, but a sounds a tiny bit like Cherami Leigh, but I highly doubt she would have worked on Fates.

Well, I mean... never don't give up.

Hahahaha! That's a good joke, tell another one!

Oh, wait...you don't know.

Oh sweet child...

Yeah, I'm gonna have to sleep with one eye open when I play Conquest. I was gonna pair Peri and Laslow up but I'm really leaning toward putting my character with him. He's got a more sexy / sensual voice than Niles and he does the British thing better than Jakob (one of the few times I regret having watched so much British stuff... It really wrecked Jakob for me. *sigh*)

I find Effie amusing, though that is likely because I didn't have a lot invested in her JP character (only came here a few weeks ago). Scarlet has a great voice. Midori will never be married by anyone. Ever. (In my playthroughs, anyway.) I think Elise was handled well. One word about Anna: ouch! Glad that's not my issue. *laughs* Benny is too cute and is another (curse you, Conquest... why do you have all the interesting guys?) I want to pair up with eventually, as is Arthur. ("We should form our own league!" <-- I sat here absolutely stunned at that line. So. Awesome!)

And I'm with those who actually like Hinoka's voice. I think it's quirky, but I also think it's unique and helps her stand out.

So much vitriol for Effie's voice on Youtube.

I don't think she sounds great, but she's not that bad. I hope the voice actress won't get bombarded with hate mail on social media like we've already seen happen...

So much vitriol for Effie's voice on Youtube.

I don't think she sounds great, but she's not that bad. I hope the voice actress won't get bombarded with hate mail on social media like we've already seen happen...

I really hope people react more positively to her performances as Queen Mikoto and Oboro :/ I don't necessarily dislike her Effie, but the way the character is written in the localization is so jarring. It's not the voice actresses fault though.

Especially since Mikoto and Oboro both have very pretty voices. Effie is definitely a directing decision and a case of a character's core being altered during localization. Further, there is no reason for people to make someone's life miserable because they don't like sound clips in a game.

Yeah don't worry you won't be hearing much of Hinoka.

Well...thanks for the spoilers, I guess. Dunno if I should be excited at not hearing a bad VA, or bummed about what I was lead to believe was an important character not being. I mean, she's front and center on the Birthright box art right? Ah well, with any luck I'll begin finding out in a couple hours.

Xander's english voice is interesting...

It's not as deep as the japanese one, but sounds more...posh?

He sounds like a prince in english version. Which he is

Also, I really like Ryoma's english voice,

he sounds so dignified! It really fits his personality.