Audio Skinships in English

Duke of Dozel

^ What about Shiro? He wasnt a massive gimmick.

Peri's ENG voice is actually kinda adorable imo. Hell, I may marry her on one file lol.

Hisame was giving me some Hubert Oswell/Jin Kisiragi vibes. Shiro doesn't. Petty, I know.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to Peri and please.. help I love her voice so much it makes the choice between her and Beruka even harder.

I guess I could decide by whoever is less popular.

EDIT;also just listened to Rhajat the voice is fine she's really aggressive though and I mean REALLY aggressive.

Edited by goldenlance7

Damn it.

That's the single worst localization change by far, and it's to the sole second generation character who I actually liked because he was calm, polite, and (get this) not gimmicky.

Just... why? Why is Peri left mostly intact, yet this crap happens to HIsame? It's a freaking joke.

Yup, I agree. I have no idea why they just went off the deep end with his dialogue like that, honestly. I have a friend who is pretty upset over it since she liked him quite a bit. :/ His original support still is pickled vegetable-centric and not great imo, but wow they really punched it up.

While I think the dialogue is funny because of it's absurdity, I'm not happy what they did with him at all (or Effie for that matter). I have to say if one of my favorite characters was changed like that, I would be pretty damn furious. So I feel super bad for any of his fans out there they just basically made him into a one-note quirky joke character.

Edited by Lushiris

Damn it.

That's the single worst localization change by far, and it's to the sole second generation character who I actually liked because he was calm, polite, and (get this) not gimmicky.

Just... why? Why is Peri left mostly intact, yet this crap happens to HIsame? It's a freaking joke.

What I'm assuming is people thought he was "boring" and thus had to "improve" him.

Personally, i'm... eh... about it...

^ What about Shiro? He wasnt a massive gimmick.

Peri's ENG voice is actually kinda adorable imo. Hell, I may marry her on one file lol.

It's not that he's gimmicky, its that its....just...weird to me...

Hisame was giving me some Hubert Oswell/Jin Kisiragi vibes. Shiro doesn't. Petty, I know.

Actually, those were the two characters I thought of as well from JP!Hisame, though tbh I see more Jin in Leo...mostly thanks to that recent Cipher card.

I actually really wanted Steve Staley to voice him too.

EDIT: Shiro's pretty cool imo, but he lacks presence. He's kinda Kellamish, despite not having Kellam's gimmick.

He's so normal its hard to see him in the sea of gimmickry

Edited by Jakkun

I have absorbed most of the voices now. I feel like venting expressing myself a bit so I'll write.

Good ones that stood out to me

Elise-Adorable. Would marry.

Sakura-Cute. Would marry.

Flannel-I like it and i'm not sure why.

Saizo-The voice suits him well.

Benoit-same

Azura-She can actually sing so it's good.

Scarlet-I never followed her, but her voice seems natural and genuine. I like it.

Gunter-They made made him smooth af but that's not a bad thing.

Not big on

Pieri-It sounds odd and I don't know how to describe it. It sounds like she's slurring too much idk.

Marx-I think his voice should be deeper. Not bad though.

not gaius-He sounds too childish.

Nyx-I obviously don't dislike cute voices, but she actually squeaks when she gets hit.

Zero-They made him less sex. They took away his lewd lines.

Joker-Just because he's a butler he had to be british. I wanted him deeper.

Camilla- It sounds like she's trying too hard to be sexy.

Bad

Effie-Horrible. I don't dislike her va. In fact, I think her other voices are good. I just hate the director, the writer, or whoever made her dialogue all about her fucking muscles because she's lolstrong. I hate when a localization changes a character's personality just because they feel like it.

Velour-It doesn't suit her. She gives me vibes of a spoiled rich girl.

Dwyer- They went way too hard on overemphasizing the fact that he's lazy. He's not a stoner. He doesn't have mental problems. People don't talk like that. It just comes off as contrived, unrealistic, and unpleasant.

Setsuna-Similar problem. I guess Setsuna and Joker are cannon. She passed down whatever she has to Dwyer. Maybe Midoriko got them hooked on something.

Felicia-They completely demoefied(?) her. It sounds like she's trying too hard to be awkward. Not as bad as the other's since it is in line with her personality, but it isn't pleasant to listen to.

The rest range from alright to meh I think.

I know I'm in the minority here but I actually like the direction they went with Effie. I laughed my ass off at her lines.

"I KO'd the last guy who tried that!"

FIGHT ME! :V

I liked that line, but Effie just...isnt like that. She just isnt. So im sad they changed her. Im really sad because i loved her Japanese character a lot.

I liked that line, but Effie just...isnt like that. She just isnt. So im sad they changed her. Im really sad because i loved her Japanese character a lot.

Ahh, I understand. I never really got attached to the cast pre-localization to avoid spoilers, so it'd definitely be a culture shock.

Actually, those were the two characters I thought of as well from JP!Hisame, though tbh I see more Jin in Leo...mostly thanks to that recent Cipher card.

I actually really wanted Steve Staley to voice him too.

EDIT: Shiro's pretty cool imo, but he lacks presence. He's kinda Kellamish, despite not having Kellam's gimmick.

He's so normal its hard to see him in the sea of gimmickry

I said Jin because I first saw his portrait blonde, and his hairstyle matches much more than Leon's.

And I seriously did have his voice in my mind as Hubert's.

Looks we got our Gregor and Henry (Hisame and Effie).

Edited by The DanMan

Ahh, I understand. I never really got attached to the cast pre-localization to avoid spoilers, so it'd definitely be a culture shock.

It's sad. Effie had such a sweet, cute personality too. :C

I actually like Hinoka's voice... it's kind of like what I imagined it would've been. Oh well.

I like most of the voices, some could've worked better on other characters instead, but they're still pretty good.

I do hope Hisame's supports aren't too pickle-obsessive though (likely they will be but there's hope...)

I actually like Hinoka's voice... it's kind of like what I imagined it would've been. Oh well.

I like most of the voices, some could've worked better on other characters instead, but they're still pretty good.

I do hope Hisame's supports aren't too pickle-obsessive though (likely they will be but there's hope...)

I also thought Hinoka's would sound the way it does. I dunno, something about her portrait just made me think: That voice.

Hisame: Wow what the actual fuck did they do with you. It's hilarious but damn.

Percy: #1 most adorable character in the game don't kiss me though I don't want to tarnish your innocence

Siegbert: So prim and proper and awkward <3

Nyx: So disappointed about this one. I loved her mature character concept.

Izana: YOU PUT RING ON IZANA GIRL

Candidates for Best Voices: Rinkah, Takumi, ARTHUR, Kaden, Scarlet

Worst IMO: Felicia, Effie, Nyx, Hisame (for character development, otherwise 10/10 for humor)

Midori and Percy are all sorts of NOPE. I mean, their voices are great, but they are five years old and nope.

Soleil is actually shaping up to be one of my favorite second gens, wow.

Wait they are five? I t hought they were at least ten. .-.

Yeah I know. Soleil is great with a bit of tinkering. I'm so pleased with my daughter!

Wait they are five? I t hought they were at least ten. .-.

Yeah I know. Soleil is great with a bit of tinkering. I'm so pleased with my daughter!

Nah they are "technically adults" they just sound five