Audio Skinships in English

Duke of Dozel

Arthur's lines are making me laugh harder than anything in this franchise.

He is now officially the best character in the game.

"I am the perfect gentlemen in this room... so let's get out of here, shall we?!" #BasedMemeLordIzana or nothing

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sign me the FUCK UP

Also overall I like the english voices... I still am the only one who likes Hinoka's voice tbh... lol

I like Rainbow dash's Hinoka's voice, it's grown on me!

gods I love his voice

Oh gosh, oh gosh..... he's too cute :^_^:

Edited by Jin

Yeah, it hurts so much. Always that money over men.

I mean it's hilarious, but wow Anna ;o; You gotta have a really big heart to love someone who loves you a little less than money

Edited by Manakete Morgan

I listened to a few voices. And people said the voice acting was bad. Their standards must reach the stars. But why was Hisame talking about pickles so much?

Edited by Blade_of_Light

I listened to a few voices. And people said the voice acting was bad. Their standards must reach the stars. But why was Hisame talking about pickles so much?

No one knows. Was the pickle thing even in his original characterization?

LOOK AT THE FLOOFINS

Also anyone else besides me getting a Matthew Mercer-ey vibe from Keaton's voice? Or...

Keaton is definitely voiced by Gideon Emery (Gaius from Awakening). He sounds more like Gaius than Asugi!

Hisame's Ophelia support mentions he bought a banzai tree from a pickle stand, and I've heard that some of his other supports mention pickles?

It was always there, just not his, well, gimmick :v

Okay, I know I complained about Felicia's Japanese voice way back when, but I think I prefer it over the English one. But generally speaking..

The good:

Suzukaze, Asura, and Rinkah were right on target. The Awakening kids were as expected, of course. And Takumi? ...dayum son. I might have to marry him once or twice. Maybe I should get Revelations after all. He sounds a little more mature than I expected, but...still good. I'm also tempted to marry Leon again.

Anna: hilarious as always.

The bad:

Aside from Felicia...guys, Camilla sounds like she aged 50 years in one day. What happened???!!

I feel like Marx's voice needed to be deeper. Compared to his Japanese voice I found it jarring.

It might be because I've been watching too much BBC stuff, but Joker's British accent was cringeworthy to me.

I don't know what to say:

Izana...oh my Lord...I'm scared of him. In more ways than one. I'm afraid of English Izana in almost the same way I'm afraid of Japanese Zero.

Ryoma's 'kiss me you fool' line. I was stunned.

Hisame. No comment.

Nishiki's voice, I can't place. I love his voice quality, but I'm still not 100% sure if it sits well with his character.

The voices sound sharper here than they do comparatively in Awakening, but that might just be because of the format. I can tell at least with characters that obviously have the same voice actor as in the previous game (such as Laslow, Selena, Rhajat) that their voice is a tiny bit off. Some people are complaining that Rhajat sounds kind of like an old woman - and I can hear it too - but this clearly isn't the case with Tharja in Awakening.

Anyway my point is, I have a feeling that when you actually hear their lines in-game, they might be a little 'softer' due to background music and possibly any sort of modulation that the game might do.

It won't change voices that seem out of character like Effie, but it will probably help with voices that sound more like the actor 'doing a voice' then a person who is actually speaking - big ones I can think of are Camilla, Selkie, Hinoka.

His original support with F!Avatar was all about pickled vegetables (fan translation here) http://pastebin.com/A2ka7AtP

They just took it and ran with it apparently. But his my room dialogue had nothing to do with pickles, as posted in the video by Azz. His localized supports had me rolling though because some of the shit that's in there

LOOK AT THESE GEMS

"Sorry...that was awkward. But that's exactly what I meant. Unless I'm talking about pickles, I tend to get flustered around women. "

"Well, as long as we keep this relationship strictly pickle-platonic, I should be fine."

"Come! Pickle paradise awaits"

"Just think...we could grow old together. We could be that old couple at the park that always smells like pickles." :LAFJ:ASLDFJSD I'M DEAD LOL

"You're right, Corrin. I'm sorry. We're still pickle partners, though, right?"

Also extremely pleased with Keaton's localized voice! It sounds so much like Gideon Emery to me, and he's one of my favorites. :D

Edited by Lushiris

I actually really like Effie's voice. Who is she, Marisha Ray? If so, no wonder she reminded me of the female Mother Base soldiers. Does it fit her portrait? No. But it's not bad.

I'm still head over heels for Saizo's and Niles'. Shura's voice is really nice (sounds less like an old man) but that whispered 'I love you' really creeped me out. Dwyer's sounds like it's been slowed down somehow. I think I'd be okay with it if it weren't so slow.

Who voices Asugi, I wonder? Doesn't sound like Emery.

His original support with F!Avatar was all about pickled vegetables (fan translation here) http://pastebin.com/A2ka7AtP

They just took it and ran with it apparently. But his my room dialogue had nothing to do with pickles, as posted in the video by Azz. His localized supports had me rolling though because some of the shit that's in there

LOOK AT THESE GEMS

"Sorry...that was awkward. But that's exactly what I meant. Unless I'm talking about pickles, I tend to get flustered around women. "

"Well, as long as we keep this relationship strictly pickle-platonic, I should be fine."

"Come! Pickle paradise awaits"

"Just think...we could grow old together. We could be that old couple at the park that always smells like pickles." :LAFJ:ASLDFJSD I'M DEAD LOL

"You're right, Corrin. I'm sorry. We're still pickle partners, though, right?"

Also extremely pleased with Keaton's localized voice! It sounds so much like Gideon Emery to me, and he's one of my favorites. :D

Well, that's another localazation change going to the negative bin (along with Hoshidan/Nohrian Noble)

Voices I do NOT like are:

Effie (I just don't like how her character was changed)

Felicia (why does she sound like she's laughing at the end of everything she says?)

Hinoka (whoever said "Buttercup with lung cancer" is right on the mark...)

Kagero (delivery sounds really flat and generic, and her voice is too high-pitched)

Nyx (spirited and immature doesn't feel like Nyx...)

Orochi (her delivery is so. Boring)

Peri (sounds like a smoker with a sinus infection)

Setsuna (ermmm, uhhh, eegghh... It's Felicia 2.0, basically. They're the same actor, I can hear it)

Reina (sounds too young, in my opinion. Like, Camilla sounds older than she does)

Voices I really like are:

Azama (pleasantly surprised, love his second line about you being totally wrong about everything)

Benny (he sounds super adorable!!)

Scarlet (she sounds more badass and I like it)

Elise ("Even if I have to beat them up!" She's so cute!)

Arthur ("The only person I am closer to in the whole world is... lady justice-- but that relationship is somewhat one-sided." Oh my god I love you Arthur...)

Hisame (voice is great, though some of the lines, just what da fuq...)

Izana ("It's been lovely as always... TOODLES!!" I am dying...)

Percy (it's Pit! Oh my gosh it's Pit! He's so cuuuute!)

Mozu (she sounds so precious)

Kaden (one of the best voices, hands down)

Ryoma ("Kiss me, you fool." Hellooooo, Ryoma)

Saizo ("You alone may know my one weakness... I'm incredibly ticklish." Bahahaha!!)

Shiro (KAIJI TANG, I KNEW IT!!!! Ahem... his voice is yummy great)

Silas (Dark Pit!!)

Soleil (she is suddenly very, very cute)

Sophie (same as Soleil)

Takumi (good delivery, good voice also I knew he would have a hair fetish)

The rest I either like decently enough, or I'm indifferent to. I think it's a pretty good dub as a whole. Some lines are rather questionable, but others are just hysterical.