I'm So Disappointed Right Now... :(

Katryn

My birthday was on Tuesday. As a gift, my boyfriend pre-ordered FE: Fates Birthright and Conquest for me. He also paid for 2-day shipping that stated it was guaranteed to get my games here on the 29th. I just checked my shipping and Amazon.ca is telling me that my games are going to get here on Monday. I'm so upset right now! That's the second time they've ticked me off about Fates (the first was regarding the SE, but we won't go there. That can't be helped.)

I have a few options:

1. I could wait. I just turned 34--I am a "grown up". *laughs*

2. I could buy one of the games from WalMart and then return an unopened copy on Monday once the Amazon games arrive. Alternately, I could check to see if I can get an SE by some miracle.

3. I could download a version digitally since I figure I sort of want / need to do that anyway (isn't that needed for Dark Flier, along with eventually getting Revelation?).

4. I could send Amazon.ca a strongly worded letter about giving customers false information. It looks like it would've been less of a headache to get the games off the eShop or from WalMart.

Anyway, thanks so much for letting me vent. I know it's the kind of thing where it won't matter six months from now, but I've been looking forward to Fates for a long time and having my plans totally wrecked because Amazon is dumb is really, really frustrating.

Edited by Katryn

I'm having a similar issue as I ordered the SE from GameStop and paid one-day shipping, but apparently won't get it until Monday even though a bunch of people are getting it tomorrow as it's supposed to be.

At this point I'm just considering downloading one of the campaigns to hold me off until then, because I didn't take this weekend off for nothing, dammit. I just wonder if I'd be able to transfer that saved data to the SE when I get it.

If money isn't an issue for you you could do the same, or you could buy a physical copy and then return the one you ordered when you get it.

Edited by Brocade

Well now things are getting interesting...

Amazon.ca is still telling me Monday. But UPS is telling me tomorrow by 8 p.m. and that it's somewhere that it would normally be if that were true. There might be hope yet. Amazon better *hope* UPS is right. Odds are high I'll grab it tomorrow if it isn't here by 8 like UPS is listing, but if that happens I *will* write Amazon. I live close enough to a warehouse that there's no excuse for it not to get here, and I paid for release delivery. (Well my bf did, but you get the point.)

*fingers crossed* I really want this to be hassle free.

I'm having a similar issue as I ordered the SE from GameStop and paid one-day shipping, but apparently won't get it until Monday even though a bunch of people are getting it tomorrow as it's supposed to be.

Same situation. Paid Gamestop for one-day shipping and it's saying it'll arrive on Monday. FML.

I'm content with waiting it out, though I will file a complaint about it.

Same situation. Paid Gamestop for one-day shipping and it's saying it'll arrive on Monday. FML.

I'm content with waiting it out, though I will file a complaint about it.

I'm also in a situation like this. Though I don't think I paid for one day shipping, but the the estimated arrival time is Monday, 2/22. I checked the tracker and apparently my SE copy was shipped from Kentucky. Its a little annoying that I have to wait over the weekend and most of Monday before I can play this great game, esp. since I pre-ordered back in November.

My birthday was on Tuesday. As a gift, my boyfriend pre-ordered FE: Fates Birthright and Conquest for me. He also paid for 2-day shipping that stated it was guaranteed to get my games here on the 29th. I just checked my shipping and Amazon.ca is telling me that my games are going to get here on Monday. I'm so upset right now! That's the second time they've ticked me off about Fates (the first was regarding the SE, but we won't go there. That can't be helped.)

I have a few options:

1. I could wait. I just turned 34--I am a "grown up". *laughs*

2. I could buy one of the games from WalMart and then return an unopened copy on Monday once the Amazon games arrive. Alternately, I could check to see if I can get an SE by some miracle.

3. I could download a version digitally since I figure I sort of want / need to do that anyway (isn't that needed for Dark Flier, along with eventually getting Revelation?).

4. I could send Amazon.ca a strongly worded letter about giving customers false information. It looks like it would've been less of a headache to get the games off the eShop or from WalMart.

Anyway, thanks so much for letting me vent. I know it's the kind of thing where it won't matter six months from now, but I've been looking forward to Fates for a long time and having my plans totally wrecked because Amazon is dumb is really, really frustrating.

Look positive! You're getting game 2-3 months before EU anyway! xD

Edited by Eriotto

My next door neighbor received hers release day from amazon no 2 day shipping , and mine with 2 day shipping got delayed till next week....25th or 26th

Edited by senketsu

Well now things are getting interesting...

Amazon.ca is still telling me Monday. But UPS is telling me tomorrow by 8 p.m. and that it's somewhere that it would normally be if that were true. There might be hope yet. Amazon better *hope* UPS is right. Odds are high I'll grab it tomorrow if it isn't here by 8 like UPS is listing, but if that happens I *will* write Amazon. I live close enough to a warehouse that there's no excuse for it not to get here, and I paid for release delivery. (Well my bf did, but you get the point.)

*fingers crossed* I really want this to be hassle free.

I've had Amazon.ca bump things over to UPS and the UPS tracker is usually more right.

lol 'strongly worded letter'. So Canadian.