What is the Boon, Bane and Talent of your Corrins?

Pretty_Handsome

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have a resource explaining this boon / bane thing and how it effects the character? I'd like to have a look at that before it's time to sit down and make my character. Thanks. :)

Here ya go:

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/avatar-creation/

Boon/Bane: Calm/Clumsy (oh boy)

Talent - Troubadour

What's with the "Oh boy"?

Anyways, Boon/Bane will likely be Lucky/Clumsy (aka my go-to setup in Awakening), with Talent unknown at this point.

EDIT: Didn't get the game, so I'll have more time to mull over Talent, I guess (got Project X Zone 2: Brave New World and Dungeon Travelers 2 instead).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Boon: Strong

Bane: Clumsy

Talent: Ninja

My Corrin has been kind of SKL blessed and DEF screwed, though, so i don't really know if I will be reclassing him anytime soon

You might as well depends on luck, or pair up with someone who will give you armor like generals/cavs, I don't see any problem~

Tense does nothing to imply being weak minded and/or lacking concentration, though. Also, is there any reason at all to pick a Nohrian/Hoshidan Talent on Conquest/Birthright?

Edited by RedEyedDrake

Tense does nothing to imply being weak minded and/or lacking concentration, though. Also, is there any reason at all to pick a Nohrian/Hoshidan Talent on Conquest/Birthright?

I don't think Excitable does anything either.

Edit: None of synonyms seem to carry "weak minded/lacking concentration" either. If Tense or Anxious had been the default I could at least imagined someone who may be too over encumbered by stress or worry to make correct decisions.

Edited by JasonsOrigin

Boon: Quick (SPD)

Bane: Excitable (RES)

Talent: Oni Savage

Also, the reason that "Excitable" is a personality flaw lies in how easily riled up the personality is - hence why it's the opposite of its "boon", which is Calm.

Magic works by amplifying the power of the mind - resisting magic requires being able to think with a clear head (e.g. when you're on fire, calmly realizing "Hey, I need to stop drop and roll" is something that an easily emotional person wouldn't think of first; rather, they'll just panic and go "AAAAAHHHH, I'm on fire! AAAAAAHHHH" and just make things worse in the long run).

Also, the reason that "Excitable" is a personality flaw lies in how easily riled up the personality is - hence why it's the opposite of its "boon", which is Calm.

Magic works by amplifying the power of the mind - resisting magic requires being able to think with a clear head (e.g. when you're on fire, calmly realizing "Hey, I need to stop drop and roll" is something that an easily emotional person wouldn't think of first; rather, they'll just panic and go "AAAAAHHHH, I'm on fire! AAAAAAHHHH" and just make things worse in the long run).

Thanks for the clearer picture but the connotation of that word does not sound negative enough to me. I know the meaning well but I just can't seem to get around "excite's" definition of "being enthused". Tense came up as a synonym for excitable so I thought it would have been a better choice since it still gives a similar meaning while sounding like more of a detriment.

Since I am not minmaxing for my first run, I chose my boon/bane based on me personally (And my talent was picked mainly to buff Niles).

Boon-Clever

Bane-Fragile

Talent-Archer

Starting with the Hoshido scenario, I determined the aspects based on totaling all the recruitables' stat modifiers, then picking as a boon what was reduced the most, and vice versa for the bane. In essence...

Boon: Sturdy (+DEF)

Bane: Clumsy (-SKL)

Nature: Lancer (->Basara)