Acquiescence Sprite Depository

AcquiHime

Hi o/

I'm new to this site, registered because I just only recently discovered it, and because I recently started working on a fangame in FEXP.

So this topic is where I'll toss my finished gifs/spritesheets/customs for archival/critique; hopefully I'll see myself improve as I continue doing this.

Note: The intended fangame will be a crossover fangame from a number of different series, so most of the sprites posted here will be of existing characters. I do not own any of these characters, all rights go to their original creators, etc. All sprites are done in GraphicsGale.

Note that as these sprites are meant to be used with FEXP, unless specified, they will not adhere to 16 colour limits, and therefore will likely look terrible when placed in a GBA.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated, thanks ^^

#1: Weiss Schnee (RWBY) [25-52ish unique colours] [COMPLETED & PUBLIC]

Basic Attack + Critical attack(Full Custom)

OfDRCJC.gif

Notes:

-First attempt at making a full custom. Don't think it turned out too bad... :s

Magic (Full Custom) / Critical Magic

OTj6lI3.gif / m08s46j.gif

Notes:

-Bleargh I suck at diagonals.

-And I know her glyphs don't do that shiny thing in the show but cmon it looks cool.

Dodge

i95fBJW.gif

Notes:

-Again, not something she actually does, except that one time in the White Trailer, but it felt like something that fit her mage-y style.

-Pose was reused from her attack sequence, so I just played around with the circles to try and make them look nice.

Spritesheet

rvUSNsb.png

#2: Ryougi Shiki (Kara No Kyoukai) [15 COLOURS] [idle Sprite only, due for anim]

Idle (Full Custom)

quyl1Oz.png

Notes:

- I actually already did an animation for her, but only recently realised that I made her bigger during her attack frames by accident, so those are due for redraw.

Edited by AcquiHime

If that is your first full custom, then I would say that it turned out great. What program did you use to draw the frames?

Thanks^^

I'm using the paid version of GraphicsGale.

Edited OP to include critical animation.

Edited by AcquiHime

Good choice in software! There is always room for improvement when it comes to animations (ex: more details with shading and color, making the clothing folds more fluid, or extending the number of frames) but I think it is fine as long as you are satisfied with your work. You can always come back to it later. I suggest posting your work in progress, so that you can get more tips and feedback. I look forward to seeing more animations and sprites from you!

Good choice in software! There is always room for improvement when it comes to animations (ex: more details with shading and color, making the clothing folds more fluid, or extending the number of frames) but I think it is fine as long as you are satisfied with your work. You can always come back to it later. I suggest posting your work in progress, so that you can get more tips and feedback. I look forward to seeing more animations and sprites from you!

Hi~ Could you elaborate on making the folds more fluid?

Also, updated first post to include her magic anim. Her magic crit is the same thing but with multicoloured rainbow circle things.

Weiss sheet ~60% done \o/ Just need to finish up armed/unarmed dodge/hit.

When she does her dash and her sword arm is fully extended, the skirt grows in size and then shrinks back to normal. I would add more frames of her in her lunge position (the moment she hits) and edit those frames so that her skirt is blowing in the wind a little bit, before she shuffles back to her original stance. It would add a bit of flair to the animation. I would also get her to leap or spin back to her original position, instead of shuffling.

Again, this is your first full-custom and my suggestions are purely stylistic choices. The animation already looks fine the way it is. Keep up the good work.

I love the sort of stutter walk back to the starting point after Weiss's critical hit XD

Lol. I was considering either that or a backhop, but decided that fencers were more likely to retreat using backsteps than risk losing their balance with a hop.

EDIT: NOW WITH SPRITESHEET \o/

Edited by AcquiHime

It's pretty good, though not really GBA style (which might be fine, since you're using FEXP). The biggest issue I have is the magic animation - her sword is flopping around like it's made of rubber. The glyph should be much flatter too, but you already knew that. Great work though, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Hmmmm...

Probably messed up the motion blur XD

It probably looks better just completely cutting out the motion blur frames and inserting a tilted sword frame from the attack anim.

Well, I'll leave those there till I get good enough to properly update them. Thanks for the feedback \o/

Current WIP: Ryougi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai) (15 COLOURS :O)

4bIyNLv.png

Edited by AcquiHime

In regards to inserting the Weiss animation, it is important to note that FEXP only allows for three frame dodge animations. The animation also needs a dodge without any weapons if you want to insert the animation into FEXP, unless you want the repeat the same dodge frames for unarmed.

In regards to inserting the Weiss animation, it is important to note that FEXP only allows for three frame dodge animations. The animation also needs a dodge without any weapons if you want to insert the animation into FEXP, unless you want the repeat the same dodge frames for unarmed.

Oh. I didn't realise that. Thanks ^^

I'll cut out the back three frames from the anim and remove her sword when I shove her into RMXP. Gonna leave the sheet as is, though, in case anyone wants to use it (unlikely as that may be)