Localization Comparison Thread

Kirokan

Please note to anyone who hasn't played the game or cares about the story, spoilers are likely inevitable for this thread!

UPDATE:

Here's a list of what I've looked at in-depth so far:

Major:

Izana & Izumo's Portrayal

Izana Death Quote & Epilogue

Nyx's Death Quote

Beruka x Saizo C Support

Elise Age Change ("Technical Age")

Flora Death Quote

Medium:

Shiro/Shinonome's Recruitment

Corrin Dialogue/Character Trait (Conquest Ch. 26)

Hinata Death (Only male that can die?)

Caeldori x Kiragi C Support

Minor:

Conquest Ch. 8 Jakob/Flora Dialogue (Slight addition)

Conquest Ch. 11 Dialogue (Iago and "your loopholes")

Conquest Ch. 12 Pieri/Peri Intro Dialogue

Conquest Ch. 20 Dialogue (Elise and Women)

Revelation Ch. 14 "I was about to walk my cat"

Revelation Endgame (Fight for your friends)

Soleil & Milking Cows "Good practice"

Macro/General:

Youko/Kyuubi no Kitsune to Kitsune/Nine-Tails (Class/Race)

Garou/Managarmr to Wolfskin/Wolffsegner (Class/Race)

ALL Endgame Character Quotes

ALL Character Profiles

ALL Character Titles

ALL Chapter Titles

ALL Death Quote Comparisons

---

Original post:

Hi everyone!

With all the info pouring in from the text dump, support transcripts, etc. There is a lot of talk about differences between the English and Japanese versions of the game.

As you may know from my blog, I often make comparison posts between Japanese and English versions of games. It's been hectic to keep all this information together as I see people posting them across several threads. More importantly, it's hard to verify said info when it's all over the place and coming in so quickly.

So, I thought to make this thread where you can post any differences you see! That way we can avoid clutter in the localization info and support conversation threads. : )

I hope to then go through each point in depth on my blog to compare the Japanese and English side by side, which would help any final verification that is needed. Of course, this process may be a little slow, between all the other Fire Emblem stuff I'm doing (25th Anniversary, the upcoming 4Koma Kings...) But it will be slowly but surely done.

It would be super helpful if you post both versions of the thing (say, a support). But if not, that's fine, you can also just say where it's found (Chapter 12, etc) so I can bring up the dialogue from both game's text dumps for direct comparison. : )

And of course I will reference this thread and the users who bring up the issues. : ) Feel free to also post something to look into if you are curious to know how it was in Japanese and did not play or read the Japanese games.

So far, a few examples of what I heard is (vastly) different is:

There's more, but this is a brief example of the changes that are pouring in already. xD So please, feel free to post as in-depth as you wish. : )

Edited by Kirokan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I'm such a filthy European, I can't help out even though I'd love to.

There's one important change I know of though: TECHNICALLY, Elise is an adult in this version.

You can still help in many ways, as you played the Japanese ones and can read them. : ) So you have at least one side of it that will be a help when more start coming in!

Noted! I assume that will already alter things in her support. xD

I really wish I can help you as well, Kirokan. Since I don't have the game yet and I don't know everything about the Japanese version of the game that much.

The only noticeble changes I can see are :

Soleil having only two romantic S ranks. (Male!Avatar and Forrest.)

Both Kanas only having one romantic S rank. (Kirgai for female!Kana and Selkie for male!Kana, although some do hint that they may wait until Kana is older before starting a relationship or in most of them, down right rejecting them. In some it's just about becoming best friends.)

Midori and Asugi don't have a romantic S rank anymore.

That's all I know off the top of my head (and you most likely knew about them, anyway).

Edited by December Knight

So far (sorry in advance about the length): Camilla and Silas is changed quite a bit. Their Japanese B support on pastebin tells the story as Camilla bringing them cookies, Silas and Kamui rushing over, and Kamui getting jealous when Camilla fed Silas as well. But in English, Corrin was in the middle of a lesson, and they got upset when there were no cookies left for them. Then, their A support had the most drastic change. Originally, Silas only wanted Camilla to be like a big sister to him, then the S reveals that treating her like that made him realize his feelings. Well, in the English, Silas has already realized that he felt this way by the A support, and Camilla reveals that she too once had feelings for him. They just leave it like that, unless you choose to marry them.

Also, Jakob and Azura have pretty strange changes. In the C rank, instead of lying in response to Aqua's question, Jakob lies about not remembering his mother on his own. They then flesh out Azura's reactions to this. In general, there seems to be a trend of lines being said earlier in English. Aqua asks about Joker's past, while Azura is just told by him. In the A rank, Azura no longer says how it's not just Corrin who's lucky, but herself as well to have someone like him. This leaves the support ending not with Jakob's thanks, but Azura's. The S is the strangest...After Jakob confesses, he is about to leave and Aqua has to stop him, while originally Joker proposes to her right away. Then it REALLY diverges, in which the Japanese version involves a mutual conversation/understanding while in English, Azura basically causes Jakob to faint with her confession. So yeah, they took a short conversation and made it even shorter, unfortunately.

Here is a small localization change I've noticed. The menus for Conquest have had the colors washed out a bit. Left is the fan translation and right is the localization. Both of them are my screenshots taken from a old 3DS. Not a support change but more of a but why type of change.

HQCskVo.png

I only have the translated supports to compare to, since I can't read Japanese. I took a look at the Leo/Beruka support and there was very little change, but something bothered me that I only realized when I got to the A support. They replaced the silence with dialogue. They probably thought that it would add to the support, since it didn't exactly change anything. However, there is something poetic about silence in certain scenes when it lets the audience read between the lines, that is lost when they spell it out. Fortunately, those were only a few lines. I still like the support, but what I really liked about it got change so I'm somewhat bummed out.

I was able to find something and it has to do with the story.

There are some big spoilers are in this link so be careful.

Link :

Also, here is a bit of Gunther and Jakob's A rank and what was changed.

Link : http://jokerthebutler.tumblr.com/post/139547649853/jokergunther-a-rank-jpn-vs-jakobgunther-a-rank

Edited by December Knight

Link :

Link : http://jokerthebutler.tumblr.com/post/139547649853/jokergunther-a-rank-jpn-vs-jakobgunther-a-rank

Though you could argue that some flavor was lost, I'd say that flavor was "player worship".

Also, from the end of Nohr chapter 6:

Corrin simply says he hopes his Hoshidan siblings will forgive him, and that he'll try to end the conflict as soon as possible. This seems to be much more subdued than the Japanese version.

EDIT: Just did Hoshido chapter 6:

"I knew I made the right choice."

*sigh* They still kept that.

Edited by The DanMan

Link :

So they made them shorter and less interesting...for no reason.

Though you could argue that some flavor was lost, I'd say that flavor was "player worship".

I don't see how the originals have more player worship. At all.

Thanks for the contributions everyone. : ) Will start compiling them and adding them to the main post to look into.

Does this thread also collect weapon name changes?

That's probably something more for the Localization Info change : ) Unless it's a drastic weapon name difference, in which case here works too!

I really wish I can help you as well, Kirokan. Since I don't have the game yet and I don't know everything about the Japanese version of the game that much.

The only noticeble changes I can see are :

Both Kanas only having one romantic S rank. (Kirgai for female!Kana and Selkie for male!Kana, although some do hint that they may wait until Kana is older before starting a relationship or in most of them, down right rejecting them. In some it's just about becoming best friends.)

That's all I know off the top of my head (and you most likely knew about them, anyway).

You are helping just by contributing the above too, please don't worry! And for pointing out the things with Joker/Jakob. Thanks!

So far (sorry in advance about the length): Camilla and Silas is changed quite a bit. Their Japanese B support on pastebin tells the story as Camilla bringing them cookies, Silas and Kamui rushing over, and Kamui getting jealous when Camilla fed Silas as well. But in English, Corrin was in the middle of a lesson, and they got upset when there were no cookies left for them. Then, their A support had the most drastic change. Originally, Silas only wanted Camilla to be like a big sister to him, then the S reveals that treating her like that made him realize his feelings. Well, in the English, Silas has already realized that he felt this way by the A support, and Camilla reveals that she too once had feelings for him. They just leave it like that, unless you choose to marry them.

Also, Jakob and Azura have pretty strange changes. In the C rank, instead of lying in response to Aqua's question, Jakob lies about not remembering his mother on his own. They then flesh out Azura's reactions to this. In general, there seems to be a trend of lines being said earlier in English. Aqua asks about Joker's past, while Azura is just told by him. In the A rank, Azura no longer says how it's not just Corrin who's lucky, but herself as well to have someone like him. This leaves the support ending not with Jakob's thanks, but Azura's. The S is the strangest...After Jakob confesses, he is about to leave and Aqua has to stop him, while originally Joker proposes to her right away. Then it REALLY diverges, in which the Japanese version involves a mutual conversation/understanding while in English, Azura basically causes Jakob to faint with her confession. So yeah, they took a short conversation and made it even shorter, unfortunately.

No worries about the length : ) This is meant to be an informative thread after all. Those are some minor differences that do make greater impacts going forward, so significant enough to look into I think. Thanks!

Here is a small localization change I've noticed. The menus for Conquest have had the colors washed out a bit. Left is the fan translation and right is the localization. Both of them are my screenshots taken from a old 3DS. Not a support change but more of a but why type of change.

HQCskVo.png

That is a little odd... I wonder if it is due to the the maps in the background? Do you have a comparison shot on the exact same menu/chapter preparation? And are the picture saved in the same format/quality? Either way, interesting to point out. : )

I only have the translated supports to compare to, since I can't read Japanese. I took a look at the Leo/Beruka support and there was very little change, but something bothered me that I only realized when I got to the A support. They replaced the silence with dialogue. They probably thought that it would add to the support, since it didn't exactly change anything. However, there is something poetic about silence in certain scenes when it lets the audience read between the lines, that is lost when they spell it out. Fortunately, those were only a few lines. I still like the support, but what I really liked about it got change so I'm somewhat bummed out.

That's totally fine. I agree about how silence can really help sometimes, and they don't need to insert words everywhere. I'm glad it's still fine overall though! But still enough to note : )

Link :

Very interesting... thanks for the heads up!

Also, from the end of Nohr chapter 6:

Corrin simply says he hopes his Hoshidan siblings will forgive him, and that he'll try to end the conflict as soon as possible. This seems to be much more subdued than the Japanese version.

EDIT: Just did Hoshido chapter 6:

"I knew I made the right choice."

*sigh* They still kept that.

Mm yes it does seem like that could be a possibility. Keeping that I guess to make you feel better about the purchase. xD

By this, do you mean that they don't have S-rank supports anymore aside deom a few or they still have S-Ranks but the content isn't romantic/marriage?

I don't see how the originals have more player worship. At all.

They're longer and more melodramatic; it makes sense for the siblings, but why would everybody be that attached to Corrin?

They're longer and more melodramatic; it makes sense for the siblings, but why would everybody be that attached to Corrin?

The fact that they are longer isn't a negative in itself. I don't find them more melodramatic; I find them more expressive. I don't feel like making an argument for something as subjective as that though. As for why people are into corrin here, I don't know the context because I haven't played the game. I would assume he plays an important roll at that point in time and he is the focal point. Corrin also supports with everyone, so it would seem silly to get an A support with a character and have them not care too much if something bad is happening to him. You could say that is just a flaw of the core game design, but I personally wouldn't use that as criticism here.

Can I just say that Elise and Niles have way better supports now.

Niles is a lot less sexual to Elise and does not refer to her body at all. In fact he is very supportive to her (There is only one very vague line, but really, it does not sound sexual in nature).

Niles is a lot less sexual to Elise and does not refer to her body at all. In fact he is very supportive to her (There is only one very vague line, but really, it does not sound sexual in nature).

What's the problem with him being sexual? She's TECHNICALLY an adult after all, according to Leo.

I should probably make sure everyone knows I'm joking. I've been very vocal in my disdain for the amount of children in the game who not only take part in a war but can get kids, canon or not. It feels so wrong to have obvious children sexualized in that way, so I welcome any change that reduces or removes that.

Edited by Thane

I'm going to do a full analysis of Ryouma's Eng supports as it compares to his JP (warning: really long post, but it also links to all his jp translated supports) later, but I wrote a small post on initial and rather shallow impressions of what his Eng supports show of his character as opposed to the JP since someone asked my opinion on it. I uploaded all of Ryoma's Eng supports to SF wiki yesterday.

I don't actually have the game yet and i don't have a parser for the main dialogue (i mean i could write one) so I can't talk about main-story Ryoma vs his JP counterpart. I intend to actually sit down and read the eng lobster in more depth, though.

But I will say that I liked some parts of Ryouma/Rinka JP more and some parts of Eng more. I think I actually lean towards JP at the moment for that one particularly support, though--but i can't say the Eng is bad and it's not swaying me from the otp. I will probably do a more detailed comparison picking out exactly what I like about each and what I don't, though.

For example, I think Rinka feels initially more hostile to Ryouma in his English than in JP, while her levels of hostility to everyone else hasn't really changed. I guess if my hypothesis of Ryouma/Rinka should be read prior to some of the other supports where she has a more even temper is correct it's probably kinda okay but? It felt unnecessary.

I like what they did in the Ryoumarx support, though. I do feel the Ryouma's original ending line has a lot of power but I also like the end to the current one so

Oh yeah, Jakob x Rinkah is no longer my NoTP, but only in the english. They completely rewrote the S rank probably because of how not-okay and utterly OOC it was, and now the S is actually kinda nice. Not enough for me to consider pairing them, but hey.

Edited by Thor Odinson

What's the problem with him being sexual? She's TECHNICALLY an adult after all, according to Leo.

I should probably make sure everyone knows I'm joking. I've been very vocal in my disdain for the amount of children in the game who not only take part in a war but can get kids, canon or not. It feels so wrong to have obvious children sexualized in that way, so I welcome any change that reduces or removes that.

That gonna lie, that made me laugh.

But I agree. While at first, I was a bit annoyed at some very obvious changes which reduced character development, but this change is very welcome. The original support was just so uncomfortable to read.

Niles is a lot less sexual to Elise and does not refer to her body at all.

But that's the best part. Don't judge what other people are into you azz.

I have to read this new support. If elise is already an adult, how does zero help her become an adult?

Link?

But that's the best part. Don't judge what other people are into you azz.

I have to read this new support. If elise is already an adult, how does zero help her become an adult?

Link?

Oh you, making puns from my username, you Glyth (I don't know how to use your username to insult you).

Here are the supports.

Elise Niles C:

Niles:

Hm? Where do you think you're going?

Elise:

What do you mean?

Niles:

The war council is assembling in a few minutes. Aren't you to be there?

Elise:

Yeah, but I'm not going.

Niles:

Oh? Why is that?

Elise:

'Cause everyone just treats me like a kid. Even if I go, they won't listen to me.

Niles:

The best way to get treated like an adult may be to think of yourself as one. Or perhaps to simply act like one by actually attending your meetings?

Elise:

But everything they talk about always goes right over my head. I can never follow what they're saying.

Niles:

That's no excuse. You could try studying more between these meetings. Lord Leo attended such meetings when he was much younger than you are now.

Elise:

He did?

Niles:

Sure, probably.

Elise:

Huh?

Niles:

I said "sure, milady."

Elise:

OK. Well, I guess you're right. I should probably get going, then...

Niles:

I'm happy you've come to see the light, milady. Attending these meetings can only help both you and Nohr. If nothing else, you will learn more simply by being present.

Elise:

OK. I'll do my best!

Elise Niles B:

Elise:

*bawling*

Niles:

What's the matter, my lady?

Elise:

I w-went to the war meeting like you said, but they told me I didn't need to be there! They said i-i-it was too complicated for me! J-j-jerks!

Niles:

They what?

Elise:

Yeah! Everyone else was there, and I'm th-the only one they said should leave! It's so dumb! Dumb dumb dumb! They're all just a bunch of dumbheads! Why won't they take me seriously?! I even showed up and everything! I'm an adult, right? They should treat me like ooonnee! *sob*

Niles:

My apologies. It seems my advice has caused you unnecessary pain.

Elise:

No, you were right. I need to study more. I'm no better than a child. My siblings are so mature... Why can't I be like them?

Niles:

If I might offer some additional advice, milady?

Elise:

OK...I guess. What is it?

Niles:

You might take this the wrong way, but I think it's important you hear it. I think the problem lies in your attitude.

Elise:

My attitude?

Niles:

You want others to see you both as an adult and as a little sister. So while you want them to take you seriously, you pout when they don't. Years may pass, milady, but this alone won't make you mature or responsible. That can only be earned by learning to master yourself and your reactions.

Elise:

...You're right. Thank you, Niles... *sniff* *sniffle* No. No! I can't cry! I'm not a baby!

Niles:

No. You may cry as much as you like. You have just heard a hard truth. But when your crying is through, pick yourself up and try again. Study up. I know you can do it.

Elise:

Th-th-thank you, Niles! I'll do my best! *sob*

Elise Niles A:

Elise:

Niles!

Niles:

Lady Elise? You seem more energetic of late.

Elise:

I did what you said and changed my attitude!

Niles:

Oh? I-I'm not sure that that's quite how it works... People don't change THAT quickly.

Elise:

Well I did! And everyone wants me to attend the war council meetings again!

Niles:

Huh. Well, good on you, then. So, tell me. What happened?

Elise:

I told them how I think we should approach our next battle. And they listened! They even praised my idea! It's all thanks to you, Niles!

Niles:

I'm proud of you, Elise. That's wonderful. Though...perhaps also something of a shame.

Elise:

Huh? Did you say something?

Niles:

Oh, no. Nothing, my dear princess.

Elise:

OK. Well, either way, I want you to know that I'm still gonna be relying on you! You're harsh, but you don't mince words. I need someone like that in my life. It's only because of your advice that I even made it this far, after all.

Niles:

Then I will do my best to serve you, my lady...much as it may hurt sometimes.

Elise:

Thanks! I'm counting on you!

Elise Niles S:

Niles:

You called for me?

Elise:

Thanks for coming, Niles! I had something to tell you.

Niles:

I see.

Elise:

When the time is right, I think I should marry someone like you.

Niles:

Oh? Any reason?

Elise:

Yeah. I need a husband who won't mince words. Someone who knows how things really are. Who doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Niles:

You seem to have a very high opinion of me.

Elise:

I do! I love you, Niles! I love you a whole bunch! You've made me think and helped me to grow in ways I didn't think I could. And that's not all I like about ya.

Niles:

Then, milady, there is only one thing left to do. We must marry each other.

Elise:

Perfect! So then you'll take this?

Niles:

A ring? My, you certainly don't waste any time, do you?

Elise:

Nope! Not when it comes to you, my love!

Niles:

Well, I suppose I must accept.

Elise:

Because you love me too?

Niles:

I...do. I never expected it. But I have grown to love you. You have an innocence about you that I have rarely seen in my life. I lost hope, once, because I bore witness to the worst evils the world has to offer. But you have rekindled that hope in my heart. I could not live without you.

Elise:

O-oh wow. Really?

Niles:

Really. And I vow I will do everything in my power to help you in all your endeavors. Though I suppose we'll start with making you a responsible, regal princess, eh?

Elise:

Heehee. Exactamundo!

Niles:

Now, let's go find Lord Leo and share the good news with him.

Elise:

Ooh! I can't wait to see his face!

It seems like the Awakening DLC is slightly altered. I watched the Serenes Forest stream (I think?) and while I didn't catch everything, Jakob and Frederick were talking about heat regulations and windows for their lords as opposed to traversing mountains to hunt for food or whatever it was in Japanese.

Edited by Thane

I assume even with the "technically adult"-ness of Elise they also wanted to remove any content that would be disturbing to those who still don't accept it. Either way, not all changes are bad. : )

I'm going to do a full analysis of Ryouma's Eng supports as it compares to his JP (warning: really long post, but it also links to all his jp translated supports) later, but I wrote a small post on initial and rather shallow impressions of what his Eng supports show of his character as opposed to the JP since someone asked my opinion on it. I uploaded all of Ryoma's Eng supports to SF wiki yesterday.

I don't actually have the game yet and i don't have a parser for the main dialogue (i mean i could write one) so I can't talk about main-story Ryoma vs his JP counterpart. I intend to actually sit down and read the eng lobster in more depth, though.

But I will say that I liked some parts of Ryouma/Rinka JP more and some parts of Eng more. I think I actually lean towards JP at the moment for that one particularly support, though--but i can't say the Eng is bad and it's not swaying me from the otp. I will probably do a more detailed comparison picking out exactly what I like about each and what I don't, though.

For example, I think Rinka feels initially more hostile to Ryouma in his English than in JP, while her levels of hostility to everyone else hasn't really changed. I guess if my hypothesis of Ryouma/Rinka should be read prior to some of the other supports where she has a more even temper is correct it's probably kinda okay but? It felt unnecessary.

I like what they did in the Ryoumarx support, though. I do feel the Ryouma's original ending line has a lot of power but I also like the end to the current one so

Oh yeah, Jakob x Rinkah is no longer my NoTP, but only in the english. They completely rewrote the S rank probably because of how not-okay and utterly OOC it was, and now the S is actually kinda nice. Not enough for me to consider pairing them, but hey.

Thanks for the contribution Thor! If you're planning an in-depth post of your own on that matter, I will be sure to link directly to it from my own blog when the time comes. Please keep me updated on your progress and whenever the full post is posted. Looking forward to it, as I did like Marx/Xander in Japanese!

I got my game a little while ago, so am writing text that stands out as odd compared to what I remember in Japanese as I go along, now.

It seems like the Awakening DLC is slightly altered. I watched the Serenes Forest stream (I think?) and while I didn't catch everything, Jakob and Frederick were talking about heat regulations and windows for their lords as opposed to traversing mountains to hunt for food or whatever it was in Japanese.

Hmm interesting. Noted it down. Thanks!

Oh you, making puns from my username, you Glyth (I don't know how to use your username to insult you).

Here are the supports.

Elise Niles C:

Niles:

Hm? Where do you think you're going?

Elise:

What do you mean?

Niles:

The war council is assembling in a few minutes. Aren't you to be there?

Elise:

Yeah, but I'm not going.

Niles:

Oh? Why is that?

Elise:

'Cause everyone just treats me like a kid. Even if I go, they won't listen to me.

Niles:

The best way to get treated like an adult may be to think of yourself as one. Or perhaps to simply act like one by actually attending your meetings?

Elise:

But everything they talk about always goes right over my head. I can never follow what they're saying.

Niles:

That's no excuse. You could try studying more between these meetings. Lord Leo attended such meetings when he was much younger than you are now.

Elise:

He did?

Niles:

Sure, probably.

Elise:

Huh?

Niles:

I said "sure, milady."

Elise:

OK. Well, I guess you're right. I should probably get going, then...

Niles:

I'm happy you've come to see the light, milady. Attending these meetings can only help both you and Nohr. If nothing else, you will learn more simply by being present.

Elise:

OK. I'll do my best!

Elise Niles B:

Elise:

*bawling*

Niles:

What's the matter, my lady?

Elise:

I w-went to the war meeting like you said, but they told me I didn't need to be there! They said i-i-it was too complicated for me! J-j-jerks!

Niles:

They what?

Elise:

Yeah! Everyone else was there, and I'm th-the only one they said should leave! It's so dumb! Dumb dumb dumb! They're all just a bunch of dumbheads! Why won't they take me seriously?! I even showed up and everything! I'm an adult, right? They should treat me like ooonnee! *sob*

Niles:

My apologies. It seems my advice has caused you unnecessary pain.

Elise:

No, you were right. I need to study more. I'm no better than a child. My siblings are so mature... Why can't I be like them?

Niles:

If I might offer some additional advice, milady?

Elise:

OK...I guess. What is it?

Niles:

You might take this the wrong way, but I think it's important you hear it. I think the problem lies in your attitude.

Elise:

My attitude?

Niles:

You want others to see you both as an adult and as a little sister. So while you want them to take you seriously, you pout when they don't. Years may pass, milady, but this alone won't make you mature or responsible. That can only be earned by learning to master yourself and your reactions.

Elise:

...You're right. Thank you, Niles... *sniff* *sniffle* No. No! I can't cry! I'm not a baby!

Niles:

No. You may cry as much as you like. You have just heard a hard truth. But when your crying is through, pick yourself up and try again. Study up. I know you can do it.

Elise:

Th-th-thank you, Niles! I'll do my best! *sob*

Elise Niles A:

Elise:

Niles!

Niles:

Lady Elise? You seem more energetic of late.

Elise:

I did what you said and changed my attitude!

Niles:

Oh? I-I'm not sure that that's quite how it works... People don't change THAT quickly.

Elise:

Well I did! And everyone wants me to attend the war council meetings again!

Niles:

Huh. Well, good on you, then. So, tell me. What happened?

Elise:

I told them how I think we should approach our next battle. And they listened! They even praised my idea! It's all thanks to you, Niles!

Niles:

I'm proud of you, Elise. That's wonderful. Though...perhaps also something of a shame.

Elise:

Huh? Did you say something?

Niles:

Oh, no. Nothing, my dear princess.

Elise:

OK. Well, either way, I want you to know that I'm still gonna be relying on you! You're harsh, but you don't mince words. I need someone like that in my life. It's only because of your advice that I even made it this far, after all.

Niles:

Then I will do my best to serve you, my lady...much as it may hurt sometimes.

Elise:

Thanks! I'm counting on you!

Elise Niles S:

Niles:

You called for me?

Elise:

Thanks for coming, Niles! I had something to tell you.

Niles:

I see.

Elise:

When the time is right, I think I should marry someone like you.

Niles:

Oh? Any reason?

Elise:

Yeah. I need a husband who won't mince words. Someone who knows how things really are. Who doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Niles:

You seem to have a very high opinion of me.

Elise:

I do! I love you, Niles! I love you a whole bunch! You've made me think and helped me to grow in ways I didn't think I could. And that's not all I like about ya.

Niles:

Then, milady, there is only one thing left to do. We must marry each other.

Elise:

Perfect! So then you'll take this?

Niles:

A ring? My, you certainly don't waste any time, do you?

Elise:

Nope! Not when it comes to you, my love!

Niles:

Well, I suppose I must accept.

Elise:

Because you love me too?

Niles:

I...do. I never expected it. But I have grown to love you. You have an innocence about you that I have rarely seen in my life. I lost hope, once, because I bore witness to the worst evils the world has to offer. But you have rekindled that hope in my heart. I could not live without you.

Elise:

O-oh wow. Really?

Niles:

Really. And I vow I will do everything in my power to help you in all your endeavors. Though I suppose we'll start with making you a responsible, regal princess, eh?

Elise:

Heehee. Exactamundo!

Niles:

Now, let's go find Lord Leo and share the good news with him.

Elise:

Ooh! I can't wait to see his face!

They made elise propose to zero. I guess they couldn't figure out how to make it not "controversial" with zero doing it. It still will be.

Oh well, I expected it. It's sad that zero is no longer sadistic. It's also funny how elise says she's an adult before the S support, and they change "child" to "little sister."

They're still rolling with it guys.

I do like zero's line about being attracted to innocence, to end on a positive.

Edited by Glyth

Thanks for the contribution Thor! If you're planning an in-depth post of your own on that matter, I will be sure to link directly to it from my own blog when the time comes. Please keep me updated on your progress and whenever the full post is posted. Looking forward to it, as I did like Marx/Xander in Japanese!

I got my game a little while ago, so am writing text that stands out as odd compared to what I remember in Japanese as I go along, now.

I'll definitely keep you updated! I made sure to review Ryouma's supports just in time for localization so I can prepare, haha. I'll have to do his Eng/Comparative review after I play the game though--even though I have all of Ryouma's supports, I do like to do them in context with the rest of his character, so I'll need main story dialogue context haha

They made elise propose to zero. I guess they couldn't figure out how to make it not "controversial" with zero doing it. It still will be.

Oh well, I expected it. It sad that zero is no longer sadistic. It's also funny how elise says she's an adult before the S support, and they change "child" to "little sister."

They're still rolling with it guys.

I do like zero's line about being attracted to innocence, to end on a positive.

I don't think Zero's entirely unsadistic, but he's definitely a lot more toned down and more target-sensitive. He's still the same level of rude to Camilla, and Camilla was actually more aggressive with putting him in his place.

Interestingly enough I think a bunch of the supports that I felt were pretty terrible and character-negligent got changed, in my opinion, for the better. There's a bunch of supports that I'm adamant notps about in JP that I at least don't mind looking at in English now.

Edited by Thor Odinson