Least Favorite Characters?

Elibean Spaceman

Honestly i said: "i wouldnt be shocked if that was the case" regarding her because shes still a little shit. Not that that was the exact reason. The game never freaking tells you why the hell any of them stay, is what im arguing. Considering that DLC is not out yet and who knows if its still the same.

Aside from that, im astounded that Selena still fucking yells at people constantly in battle, like a little [expletive] like in the previous game. Isnt she supposed to be wiser and older?

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly i said: "i wouldnt be shocked if that was the case" regarding her because shes still a little shit. Not that that was the exact reason. The game never freaking tells you why the hell any of them stay, is what im arguing. Considering that DLC is not out yet and who knows if its still the same.

Aside from that, im astounded that Selena still fucking yells at people constantly in battle, like a little [expletive] like in the previous game. Isnt she supposed to be wiser and older?

And we're arguing that we would be incredibly shocked as we've got nothing to indicate something like that, and it would go against her established character.

Also, I believe Anankos calls them like immediately after Awakening, no? I might remember that incorrectly. Honestly, while I wasn't against having those three kids in the game (the adults being children made me go "really?"), the way they're handled is just awful.

Its pretty shocking how differently people see that character, because she honestly doesnt feel like she ever does things for the sheer good will of it, from how i saw her.. Severa was a really nasty person. Sucks the localization makes Selena just as nasty most of the time. Wasnt the Japanese version of her supposed to be a bit better? Not so bitchy and tsundere, and grown up? Odin is a bit more adult (but really hilarious still) than Awakening. Laslow is wayy more grown up. Why did Selena get the shaft?

Its pretty shocking how differently people see that character, because she honestly doesnt feel like she ever does things for the sheer good will of it, from how i saw her.. Severa was a really nasty person. Sucks the localization makes Selena just as nasty most of the time. Wasnt the Japanese version of her supposed to be a bit better? Not so bitchy and tsundere, and grown up? Odin is a bit more adult (but really hilarious still) than Awakening. Laslow is wayy more grown up. Why did Selena get the shaft?

The very first thing she does when you recruit her is something out of the kindness of her heart, so I honestly don't know where you get that from. She's a selfish brat and I like I've said twice, I'm not a fan of her, but she's always been portrayed as fighting for good.

Also, I never used the Awakening trio, partially because Owain and Inigo are nigh worthless in Revelations when they join. But yes, I've heard the same thing, especially regarding Inigo.

Edited by Thane

You can still fight on the side of good, and be an asshole. That was Severa. The first impression i got was her screaming at Chrom to stop staring at her ring.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

My least favorite character would have to be Peri. Like, as soon as she got in my party, her ass was benched and, her equipment, seized and given to another member.

Her design, in my opinion, is decent. Only her hair stands out and makes me cringe. Also that runny eyeliner in that one portrait. If there had been another character with two-tone hair, such as her possible child or even a generic, I would have been less annoyed with it.

Her personality is terrible, as is the justification for it. What was it? Please correct me if I'm wrong about it. Her mother was killed by a servant or something and, then she randomly kills her subsequent servants if they annoy her. Her father allows this to continue...why? Like, I realize they play her personality as she has suffered a psychological trauma but it seems as if everyone just kind of brushes it off. The game slams Hans for slaughtering random innocents but Peri gets to do for some inane reason? Is it because she is a minor character or something?

Please point out any incorrect information in my post. I don't want to dislike a character due to misinformation.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

My least favorite character would have to be Peri. Like, as soon as she got in my party, her ass was benched and, her equipment, seized and given to another member.

Her design, in my opinion, is decent. Only her hair stands out and makes me cringe. Also that runny eyeliner in that one portrait. If there had been another character with two-tone hair, such as her possible child or even a generic, I would have been less annoyed with it.

Her personality is terrible, as is the justification for it. What was it? Please correct me if I'm wrong about it. Her mother was killed by a servant or something and, then she randomly kills her subsequent servants if they annoy her. Her father allows this to continue...why? Like, I realize they play her personality as she has suffered a psychological trauma but it seems as if everyone just kind of brushes it off. The game slams Hans for slaughtering random innocents but Peri gets to do for some inane reason? Is it because she is a minor character or something?

Please point out any incorrect information in my post. I don't want to dislike a character due to misinformation.

God, Peri is so, so terrible. I honestly wouldn't have minded if the localization team changed her personality completely (or at least to something marginally more tolerable).

Everyone says Peri's murderous personality is treated as a "cute quirk," and it totally is. In Charlotte's supports with her she's like, "It's awesome you're willing to show everyone your true self!" In her supports with Arthur, he buys her a knife (that she calls a "stabbing stick") and is just like, "Haha, there she goes! What a card!"

I also have her permanently benched, and there's no way I'm marrying her to someone. That's just cruelty.

Differently indeed, Selena has seemed much more mature than Severa to me. Especially after reading her child support(it was Percy, I don't know if those supports are actually unique or copies like Awakening).

The real dumb thing about Peri is that if you remove the killing innocent servants quirk, she could have still been a serviceable character. It''s just this weird gimmick that just seems tacked on. Although removing it would just make her a Reina clone.

Differently indeed, Selena has seemed much more mature than Severa to me. Especially after reading her child support(it was Percy, I don't know if those supports are actually unique or copies like Awakening).

The mother supports are generic.

The real dumb thing about Peri is that if you remove the killing innocent servants quirk, she could have still been a serviceable character. It''s just this weird gimmick that just seems tacked on. Although removing it would just make her a Reina clone.

Removing the murder would make her a little bit more interesting for people, i think. Like, she would be one of those broken girls with co-dependency issues.

They literally have teleportation orbs that let them return at any time they want, and they've been explicitly told what a "wrong choice" would entail. It's rather astounding that they made the returning characters so incredibly stupid.

And Lazwald actually dies in Birthright in order to protect his obstinate dickhead of a master. Talk about devoted to a shitty cause. I didn't care about Inigo in Awakening but I'm still headcanoning that Lazwald is a different person.

Gameplay:

Hana was so outclassed by Tsubaki in her joining chapter, and later Hinata, and later yet Ryoma. She had (effectively) less base Spd than Tsubaki, a weaker weapon, and was more frail.

She starts out weak but her speed and strength growths are really good so she'll have an effective niche in the army.

That's true. Many people from both sides in Conquest are running around without functioning brains.

Hmmmm, that's an interesting suggestion. I remember that the Wind tribe is neutral, so if the Fire tribe is like them, then Rinkah technically doesn't have an obligation to Hoshido. Also, Corrin saved her life. Although, given the current setup with the two nations, it's very hard to write a compelling reason for why any Hoshidan would join the Nohr without painting them as a bad person.

One problem I have with these "neutral" parties is that they don't have a reason not to side with Hoshido (unless it's to save themselves but that puts them in a bad light). Nohr is invading their neighbor and they're just like "meh, not my problem". I'm not even sure why Izana joins you in Nohr.

I headcanon my MU, Miyuki has a lot of issues with Caeldori. And Caeldori cannot get along with her family/cousins at all. Constantly fishing for praise from her father, that even perfectionist Tsubaki tells her to cut it out. Kiragi is too busy with his own yumi making and hunting to pay attention to her. Shiro competes a bit with her, but is also preoccupied and tired of trying to constantly praise his cousin. Selkie is just like "go the fuck away if you dont want to play. Lighten the hell up." And Midori is just "No." Kana keeps feeling inadequate around his sister and makes note of it, making Miyuki really mad.

:B

Since Selena is still goddamn whiny, its about time she get saddled with her mother's clone that reflects too much of Selena's own personality.

She has a little more character than just playing. The play is really in front, but like her daddy, she has that "i need to return the favors to people who do things for me." Which is something that seems to be innately ingrained in her. Shes a bit immature, but there is a character under there i think. I really like her tbh. I think shes less gimmicky than someone like Ilyana tbh.

For what it's worth, the Mamui x Matoi support in the localization was pretty decent. I thought her talking up the Avatar in the C support was just more dick riding by the writers but it turns out Tsubaki was lying to get Matoi off his back. The teacher/disciple relationship was amusing and reminded me of Genos and Saitama from One Punch Man. Even the S support feels believable (from Matoi's end, Mamui's feelings come mostly out of the air).

Best character is king Gannondorf. All he does is sit his ass on his throne all day and he is one of the Buffett characters in the game. That's some inspirational shit right there. Imagine if he was recruitable? He would be the most op character. Probably has s rank relationship with his chair

Have you SEEN throne bonuses? I'd S support a chair if it was an option. Of course, sitting on a chair got him killed so it's not all good. The things we love really do destroy us.

I headcanon my MU, Miyuki has a lot of issues with Caeldori. And Caeldori cannot get along with her family/cousins at all. Constantly fishing for praise from her father, that even perfectionist Tsubaki tells her to cut it out. Kiragi is too busy with his own yumi making and hunting to pay attention to her. Shiro competes a bit with her, but is also preoccupied and tired of trying to constantly praise his cousin. Selkie is just like "go the fuck away if you dont want to play. Lighten the hell up." And Midori is just "No." Kana keeps feeling inadequate around his sister and makes note of it, making Miyuki really mad.

:B

Since Selena is still goddamn whiny, its about time she get saddled with her mother's clone that reflects too much of Selena's own personality.

just saw this but oh dear god why

Is it similar with Asugi and Rhajat?

tsubaki i was gonna marry you... oh well i can get caeldori killed or just bench her i guess, i cared less about her tbh

just saw this but oh dear god why

Is it similar with Asugi and Rhajat?

tsubaki i was gonna marry you... oh well i can get caeldori killed or just bench her i guess, i cared less about her tbh

Asugi and Rhajat are pretty bad, from what I've seen of them so far. Rhajat supposedly gets better in her later supports, but what I've seen so far does not inspire hope in me.

As for Caeldori, she's perfectly fine in her supports, as far as I've seen. The worst she gets is a little insensitive in her support with Hisame about his issues with Hinata.

Edited by AzureSen

I think Corrin is probably my least favorite Lord/Lead character in any Fire Emblem game ever. There's really nothing about his/her personality that I find at all appealing, no matter how I set mine up he looks like a doofus, and he's not nearly the combat powerhouse that I've expected in a lead unit since pretty much anything after Sword of Seals, save for Shadow Dragon I guess, but that doesn't really count.

Unless you consider Xander/Ryoma the Lord characters, but that'd be just as lame considering that at least in Birthright you don't have your Lord character for the majority of the game, and, I can't speak for Xander yet, but Ryoma at least doesn't get a special Lord class. Either way Corrin is by far my least favorite Hoshido character. I don't really like Kana either for that matter. I can't really speak for her in terms of combat because I made a pairing that ended up not being very beneficial for her, but just in terms of personality she doesn't do much for me. Huge step down from Lucina or the Morgans, depending on who you see as the Lord character. Huge step down from Chrom/Awakenings Avatar too.

One problem I have with these "neutral" parties is that they don't have a reason not to side with Hoshido (unless it's to save themselves but that puts them in a bad light). Nohr is invading their neighbor and they're just like "meh, not my problem". I'm not even sure why Izana joins you in Nohr.

Right, and I would understand if it's done to save their own a**, but at least have the guts to admit it rather trying to cover it up with some noble-sounding bs.

I especially have a problem with Fuga (oh yeah, forgot to call him out in my original post). Since he was supposedly "best buds" with Sumeragi, why was he a "neutral party" again? He's another one of those characters who's basically braindead in Conquest and ended up doing terrible things (or at least allowed them to happen).

[spoiler=] Meh, Ryoma and Takumi are dead, not my problem.

And... He can bang the female Corrin.

Yeah, bro, prepare yo self, Sumeragi's ghost is comin' to get u

I think Corrin is probably my least favorite Lord/Lead character in any Fire Emblem game ever. There's really nothing about his/her personality that I find at all appealing, no matter how I set mine up he looks like a doofus, and he's not nearly the combat powerhouse that I've expected in a lead unit since pretty much anything after Sword of Seals, save for Shadow Dragon I guess, but that doesn't really count.

Unless you consider Xander/Ryoma the Lord characters, but that'd be just as lame considering that at least in Birthright you don't have your Lord character for the majority of the game, and, I can't speak for Xander yet, but Ryoma at least doesn't get a special Lord class. Either way Corrin is by far my least favorite Hoshido character. I don't really like Kana either for that matter. I can't really speak for her in terms of combat because I made a pairing that ended up not being very beneficial for her, but just in terms of personality she doesn't do much for me. Huge step down from Lucina or the Morgans, depending on who you see as the Lord character. Huge step down from Chrom/Awakenings Avatar too.

In Conquest, Xander joins in even a bit later than Ryoma does in Birthright, and he doesn't have a special Lord class, either; just a paladin.

I agree with you. Robin and Morgan are so much better than Corrin and Kana. Is there any depth to Kana's character other than turning into a dragon and being cute? Oh, I suppose there's also the "I want to be treated like an adult even though I'm like 10," but yeah... not very likable.

If we were to treat Xander and Ryoma as Lord characters, then I'd say that I liked the Lords in both Awakening and Fates. Chrom has a much more straightforward characterization, and while it can be pretty bland, it's also harder to mess up. Xander and Ryoma have to deal with more complex issues and have more interesting characterizations, but Xander just doesn't work in the current narrative.

Edited by Tsuky

I agree with you. Robin and Morgan are so much better than Corrin and Kana. Is there any depth to Kana's character other than turning into a dragon and being cute? Oh, I suppose there's also the "I want to be treated like an adult even though I'm like 10," but yeah... not very likable.

If we were to treat Xander and Ryoma as Lord characters, then I'd say that I liked the Lords in both Awakening and Fates. Chrom has a much more straightforward characterization, and while it can be pretty bland, it's also harder to mess up. Xander and Ryoma have to deal with more complex issues and have more interesting characterizations, but Xander just doesn't work in the current narrative.

Don't get me wrong, I like Robin and Morgan better too but wasn't Morgan an amnesiac tactician just like her dad in the same way Kana takes after her dad?

Peri is a stupid disgusting bitch. Beruka is boring.

Many of the characters people are hating on I love. Id say they have petty and shitty reasons but to each their own.

Present your liked characters and be judged.

[spoiler=I have not been a big fan of Corrin throughout Conquest so far]

"I wonder where Azura went."

"WHO WAS THAT SINGER"

"OH HEY AZURA DID YOU SEE A SINGER ON YOUR WAY BACK"

"WE'RE CHANGING HOW NOHR DOES THINGS, I ONLY WANT PEACE"

>is currently invading Hoshido

Out of every character so far, and there are many I dislike. I absolutely hate Takumi, having played Birthrite and Conquest to at least chapter 15 in both routes. Can't stand him.

inb4 Sunwoo tears you a new arsehole.

I'm only kidding, pls don't hurt me.

Asugi and Rhajat are pretty bad, from what I've seen of them so far. Rhajat supposedly gets better in her later supports, but what I've seen so far does not inspire hope in me.

As for Caeldori, she's perfectly fine in her supports, as far as I've seen. The worst she gets is a little insensitive in her support with Hisame about his issues with Hinata.

I know that they straight up changed the subject of her support with Rhajat. In the Japanese version, she was envious of Rhajat's figure and it even included a call back to Cordelia and Tharja's summer scramble bit, in which Cordelia took off and then reapplied a talisman so that Tharja would go in and out of being embarrassed being seen on a beach. Here, it was originally Rhajat doing that to Caeldoria. In the localized version, it was changed to Caeldori asking for pointers in shedding her good girl image.

[spoiler=I have not been a big fan of Corrin throughout Conquest so far]

"I wonder where Azura went."

"WHO WAS THAT SINGER"

"OH HEY AZURA DID YOU SEE A SINGER ON YOUR WAY BACK"

"WE'RE CHANGING HOW NOHR DOES THINGS, I ONLY WANT PEACE"

>is currently invading Hoshido

"I ONLY WANT PEACE, AND FOR THAT PEACE TO BECOME TRUE I'LL NEED YOU ALL TO SUBMIT YOUR NECKS TO THAT BALD MAN'S AXE TO APPEASE THE BLOOD GOD"

To be honest, Conquest's storyline choices feel so railroaded that I can't think of other ways that Corrin, Xander and other characters' actions could make sense without violating the Thou Must Plot God.