I haven't found a definite answer about exclusive classes..

Stravask

I've been trying to find an answer, promise.

I can't figure out if there's truly EXCLUSIVE classes between the two game versions.

I chose Mage as my Avatar's talent, and I'm playing a Nohr campaign.

Say I wanted to be able to reclass into Swordmaster at some unknown point during my playthrough.
If there are no swordmaster companions during the Nohr playthrough, I'd be unable to acquire that class via friendship/partner seals, and thus my only option to get Swordmaster available in my campaign would be to select it as my Avatar's starting talent.

Are there ANY classes where this is the case?

Where you must select a particular class as a talent in order to have that class available during your playthrough in a specific game?

So far I've received nothing but ambiguity or conflicting answers, I was hoping to get a definitive response and/or a list of classes that are truly exclusive to one version or the other.

Thank you very much!

In Nohr, you cannot make any Corrin a Diviner, Spear Fighter, Samurai, or Oni Savage without setting it as your talent.

In Hoshido, you cannot make any Corrin a (Dark) Mage, Fighter, Knight or Mercenary without setting it as your Talent.

In Hoshido, Corrin can only obtain Wyvern Rider or Oni Savage from a female unit, so a male Corrin can't obtain them unless he marries her.

In Nohr, Corrin can only obtain Archer and Apothecary from a female unit, so a male Corrin can't obtain them unless he marries her.

In Nohr, Corrin can only obtain Ninja or Monk from a male unit, so a female Corrin can't obtain it unless she marries him.

Edited by gayserbeam

In Nohr, you cannot make any Corrin a Diviner, Spear Fighter, Samurai, or Oni Savage without setting it as your talent.

In Hoshido, you cannot make any Corrin a (Dark) Mage, Fighter, Knight or Mercenary without setting it as your Talent.

In Hoshido, Corrin can only obtain Wyvern Rider or Oni Savage from a female unit, so a male Corrin can't obtain them unless he marries her.

In Nohr, Corrin can only obtain Archer and Apothecary from a female unit, so a male Corrin can't obtain them unless he marries her.

In Nohr, Corrin can only obtain Ninja or Monk from a male unit, so a female Corrin can't obtain it unless she marries him.

Thank you so very much, this is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it.

So, (and I apologize for redundancy) that means if I want the Samurai class I need to restart and select it as a talent? I'm outta luck having set my talent to Mage?

Thanks again.

Also, if I'm picking a class just for it's skills, can I just purchase skills from other people's online avatars?

Edited by Stravask

Thank you so very much, this is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it.

So, (and I apologize for redundancy) that means if I want the Samurai class I need to restart and select it as a talent? I'm outta luck having set my talent to Mage?

Thanks again.

Yes. Corrin can not be a Samurai in Nohr unless it's their Talent.

(Dark) Mage, on the other hand, can be snagged from Nyx or Odin fairly early on.

Yes. Corrin can not be a Samurai in Nohr unless it's their Talent.

(Dark) Mage, on the other hand, can be snagged from Nyx or Odin fairly early on.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the knowledge. Hope this helps other people in the future as oblivious as I am lol