FE14 Conquest Girls Only LTC (FINISHED!)

Espinosa

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Ryoma supposed to suicide on EP?

No actually, the enemies in the video always move before him on enemy phase. I needed Malig Knight Camilla to dodge Saizo's counter on turn 1, not getting debuffed, get lucky with Beruka taking all the combat from Kagero and the surrounding Ninja, again not to be debuffed, and then proc strength AND speed on the way to the boss in order to have just enough strength and speed to double and 2HKO.

Going back to chapter 11 and reclassing Camilla to Wyvern Lord gave her the strength/speed necessary to make the strategy a lot more realistic. Probably should've done it in the chapter 10 defend map ASAP and started building lance rank right there, though. Can't deny Thunder magic + Magic Tonic makes destroying whole parties of oni savages so much more brainless though.

@3:10

"Look at me now, Haar! I'm a better Wyvern Lord than you"

Good job in this chapter. The chapter 11 clear was also very impressive

Edited by Nobody

Yeah, I chuckled at the double meaning of that when I first saw it too.

Here's chapter 12 routed in 3 turns.

I estimated, and Olwen agreed, that the map can be 2-turned in some sort of ideal world, except it's a little hard to imagine the staying power and offensive potential of the units doing the routing to even imagine what stat benchmarks must be met for this 2-turn to be fulfilled. Certainly not possible on my run.

Can this be done without using the DLC promotion items? I'm on C10 with Effie in her base class, Cav!MU, and Archer!Mozu, and I just can't seem to be in enough places at the same time to keep the enemy count down.

Can this be done without using the DLC promotion items? I'm on C10 with Effie in her base class, Cav!MU, and Archer!Mozu, and I just can't seem to be in enough places at the same time to keep the enemy count down.

Haven't tried, but I guess so? Effie could well be promoted by chapter 10, allowing her to move around the map with ease as a GK. Nyx would just do the same things without flying around, and if you break the 50 HP wall yourself flight stops being that useful.

This is kinda late but why +Def MU? I know it saves a turn on Ch1, but wouldn't +Str/Mag be better for later on?

Precisely for saving the one turn against Xander.

I can't be sure whether a different asset will end up saving more turns later on, and I wanted to check if MU can still perform all the necessary tasks even with an inferior offensive build. +HP probably would've been a better idea though - I'm really close to MU being ignored by the enemies right now (though Camilla is pretty much in the same shoes).

Chapter 14 in 2 turns with all the treasure (the really hard part).

Still not sure if I'm going to regret those crappy levels Selena got here. MU's stuff makes it worth it I think? Her combat stats are always of essence while Selena could always be patched up with pair-up / tonics / forges for the rare occasions where she really needs to fight.

i thought males weren't allowed to be paired up?

This playthrough has been neat, but I really wish you didn't use the Ebon Wings and Dread Scrolls. They're just free promotion items for early units without the cost of reduced exp gain.

I don't allow pair-up for fighting; I've fielded Niles for lockpicking before (would've been even better if Anna were part of this run, though I dunno how hard her DLC recruitment chapter is) and in this clear he avoids being part of combat because Beruka takes 0 dmg from the samurai / sky knights thanks to defence tonic + bronze naginata.

I've thought about going without the early reclass items, but I don't think I've broken anything with them yet? Nyx and Effie have spent a lot of their time functioning as +mov pair-up bots (because of the lack of Niles and Kaze on this run who function as such pre-promo) and Camilla joining outclassed them pretty harshly in terms of combat, and that's before MU promoted to amplify the effect!

I mostly thought Dark Falcon and Dread Fighter are fun classes to use, whereas I don't think I would've enjoyed the run much with, say, Knight and Villager, though I've definitely been through worse times when I did female only LTC runs in FE6 and FE8.

I'll probably never get to Galeforce with either Nyx or Effie on this run (I imagine that's quite turn-saving in this one too, assuming you have the stats to ORKO without pair-up).

His pairup also gives movement, you wouldn't have got the chest without it (at least in your initial formation, you probably could have shuffled things around). Should have used outlaw Nyx

It's not so much the stats (Effie is probably worse as a DarkFlier than a GK) but you just get two extra fliers out of nowhere, and make mozu a real unit (that's probably not a bad thing) but giving two units that don't otherwise have access to flight is changing things quite a bit. I'm pretty sure you couldn't have 3 turned chapter 12 without the promo items, and Nyx definately wouldn't have ORKO'd Takumi without the Darkflier +6 to speed (or whatever it is, I can't remember). I mean, it's already happened, but it's just weird you aren't going all out and using the Dragon Herbs and Boots if you're using the other rewards/

At least Beruka didn't die. She can do that sometimes without a thicker layer of tonics.

I suppose. That said, that's the type of fight I call a "Fight Scene Failure" XD

Up'd chapter 16, cleared in 4 turns. Being able to use Gunter would've saved one turn, which I think is the first time in this challenge (though without the DLC scrolls, more turns would've been lost along the way as I wouldn't have my +mov pair-up bots).

His pairup also gives movement, you wouldn't have got the chest without it (at least in your initial formation, you probably could have shuffled things around). Should have used outlaw Nyx

It's not so much the stats (Effie is probably worse as a DarkFlier than a GK) but you just get two extra fliers out of nowhere, and make mozu a real unit (that's probably not a bad thing) but giving two units that don't otherwise have access to flight is changing things quite a bit. I'm pretty sure you couldn't have 3 turned chapter 12 without the promo items, and Nyx definately wouldn't have ORKO'd Takumi without the Darkflier +6 to speed (or whatever it is, I can't remember). I mean, it's already happened, but it's just weird you aren't going all out and using the Dragon Herbs and Boots if you're using the other rewards/

Yes, this is correct, and I figured I'd use Beruka's 9 mov anyway considering I got the enemies to ignore her since she was thwomping 0 dmg from everyone. If I can keep Niles away from combat, I'll field him. I'm still hoping I can get Anna before I get to, like, chapter 20, but that may not happen since I've just cleared chapter 16 in 2 turns and expect to make more progress while I suddenly have a little more free time because of Easter.

I don't know about Effie being worse. Her speed problem has mostly been resolved (can't compare to Cam, MU or Nyx though), she has saved turns due to being mobile and flying, but she is kinda lacking in the durability department with her funny 22 HP. A Great Knight would be a good bit bulkier. It's still not too late to reclass her back to Knight and promote, but that's an expensive investment that won't pay off in terms of efficiency at all. Effie is NOT a central figure in this LTC (even if compared to somebody like Nyx who does occasionally pull off crazy stunts like soloing portions of the map on EP and one-rounding Takumi).

I don't think using the non-scroll rewards is weird knowing how potent their effect is, the Boots especially. You could say I'd be forced to use them too if I were more pedantic, with a more generalised rule like "Route Bonus items allowed", but nothing stops me from determining what exactly should be in and out (there are so many of these arbitrary things in Fates too, even more when compared to Awakening). The DLC classes make it a more wholesome run, while the Boots would make it stupid with being able to reach every corner of the map from a very early stage of the game.

2-turned the Ninja Rape Cave today. Aside from the bosskill at the end, I managed to make the strategy free of luck reliance. No Rescue staffing or even Shelter needed, surprisingly.

Right now trying to figure out if it's even possible to 2-turn chapter 18 without the stupid 5% Hammer crit on one of the Wary Fighter General bosses. I think I know how to at least quadruple my chances there...

2-turned the Ninja Rape Cave today. Aside from the bosskill at the end, I managed to make the strategy free of luck reliance. No Rescue staffing or even Shelter needed, surprisingly.

Right now trying to figure out if it's even possible to 2-turn chapter 18 without the stupid 5% Hammer crit on one of the Wary Fighter General bosses. I think I know how to at least quadruple my chances there...

Which chapter's Ninja Rape Cave? 17?

Yeah, that's the one.

Also, I just realised I'm no longer able to reclass MU into Dark Knight. I was able to go Cav -> Dark Mage -> Dark Knight before chapter 15 while just playing around, but now that MU is promoted, she only has Nohr Noble and Great Knight as options. I probably want to go Nohr Noble sometime to at least 2RKO Ryoma, but DK is now no longer an option.

I guess getting Nyx to lv. 21 as a Dark Falcon might make the class reappear in Heart Seal menu again? There really needs to be some sort of FAQ on supports/reclassing/skill passing, because none of this stuff is intuitive at all.

Yeah, that's the one.

Also, I just realised I'm no longer able to reclass MU into Dark Knight. I was able to go Cav -> Dark Mage -> Dark Knight before chapter 15 while just playing around, but now that MU is promoted, she only has Nohr Noble and Great Knight as options. I probably want to go Nohr Noble sometime to at least 2RKO Ryoma, but DK is now no longer an option.

I guess getting Nyx to lv. 21 as a Dark Falcon might make the class reappear in Heart Seal menu again? There really needs to be some sort of FAQ on supports/reclassing/skill passing, because none of this stuff is intuitive at all.

Erm, yeah... That must've been a Friendship Seal you used, not a Heart Seal.

Oh lmao, talk about a brain fart. That explains my troubles.

333h5rn.jpg

I got this close to 2-turning chapter 18...

According to my calculations though, Nyx should have sufficient Might to grab the kill on the attack stance casting - it's either Nyx's Malefic Aura or Camilla's aura that fails to activate. Any idea which one it is?

It couldn't hurt if we had a skill FAQ of some sort. There's a ton of fairly multi-faceted skills in the game.

Oh lmao, talk about a brain fart. That explains my troubles.

333h5rn.jpg

I got this close to 2-turning chapter 18...

According to my calculations though, Nyx should have sufficient Might to grab the kill on the attack stance casting - it's either Nyx's Malefic Aura or Camilla's aura that fails to activate. Any idea which one it is?

It couldn't hurt if we had a skill FAQ of some sort. There's a ton of fairly multi-faceted skills in the game.

Malefic Aura only works for magic attacks - anyways, what is Nyx using? And you DID apply tonics, didn't you?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yeah, basically the situation is that with her strongest tome Nyx should have 10 attack stance damage on the axe general factoring in both Malefic Aura and Camilla's personal. It must therefore mean that one of these two fails to work when contributing a second strike to a dual attack.

Of course, both Nyx and Camilla have +2 str/mag from meals and the appropriate bonuses from tonics - it's still not enough to KO the last straggler.