FE14 Conquest Girls Only LTC (FINISHED!)

Espinosa

Yeah, basically the situation is that with her strongest tome Nyx should have 10 attack stance damage on the axe general factoring in both Malefic Aura and Camilla's personal. It must therefore mean that one of these two fails to work when contributing a second strike to a dual attack.

Of course, both Nyx and Camilla have +2 str/mag from meals and the appropriate bonuses from tonics - it's still not enough to KO the last straggler.

Maybe it's Camilla's personal that's not working? Anyways, can Nyx get into position with an Elise pair up?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Elise can't feasibly get there in a 2-turn strategy. I also can't strategise anything that would involve waiting for the enemy phase for the action to finish - the Silver Dagger Maid violently destroys Azura. Don't think doing something on EP would help anyway, and the Wary Fighter generals do happen to have Warding Blow for -20 res, so they're basically immune to magic when they initiate the attack.

No, Elise can't feasibly get there in a 2-turn strategy. I also can't strategise anything that would involve waiting for the enemy phase for the action to finish - the Silver Dagger Maid violently destroys Azura. Don't think doing something on EP would help anyway, and the Wary Fighter generals do happen to have Warding Blow for -20 res, so they're basically immune to magic when they initiate the attack.

Urk. That's a problem. And I suspected that enemy phase wasn't an option, too... What CAN be done....?

Isn't getting a crit from either Camilla or Nyx feasible? A 8 + 2% chance doesn't seem thaaaat bad, unless the rest of the chapter is already unreliable-ish

Edited by Rathichu

Who was Nyx paired up with in that screenshot? Because a Mag pair up might make the difference...

She was paired up with Belka.

Maybe switching Camilla and Belka around?

Make Belka the hammering one, while Camilla supports Nyx to increase her damage?

I suppose you've already used tonics and the kitchen?

Can't you use the blacksmith for Nyx's tome, or Camilla's Hammer?

She was paired up with Belka.

Maybe switching Camilla and Belka around?

Make Belka the hammering one, while Camilla supports Nyx to increase her damage?

I suppose you've already used tonics and the kitchen?

Can't you use the blacksmith for Nyx's tome, or Camilla's Hammer?

Now I'm wondering why Nyx even needed to be paired up with Beruka in the first place...

Beruka is needed to carry Nyx to the paired-up General without Nyx dying on the way. If she is taken by Effie there, she needs to not be OHKO'd by foes (namely the Elbow Room silver lance paladin) on turn 1 enemy phase, which requires either a +2 def meal or a Seraph Robe in addition to HP/Defence Tonic (in either case). Effie is also needed more badly by MU with magic and doubling problems in another part of the map (she has to eat an Enfeeble and still solo the enemies there).

I could either just feed the robe to Nyx (still no idea if a character like Camilla or MU will require it for survival later on), or I could give Nyx my last (iirc) Spirit Dust to have the right damage displayed on the General in the screenshot via attack stance.

Forging is yet another option, as I could either buy a 2nd Fimbulvetr or two Thunders to create a Thunder+2 (+4 mt) forge, the cost completely identical. However, throwing 2K gold away isn't something I want right now (too much stuff needs to be bought in the lategame), so I'm going to try to pull it off without the forge. I just found a Speed Thunder tome I must've obtained from talking to units in My Castle - it seems like this gives Nyx the desired 10 dmg in attack stance when she fails to proc +mag in her first levelup. If she does grow +mag, she reaches 10 atk with Fimbulvetr.

All that's left is recording the strategy I guess. I still want the kind of meal that would give my MU +2 str/mag along with Nyx/Camilla, as that would assist with reliably one-rounding Zola with his stupid Nosferatu.

Meanwhile, here's chapter 16 2-turned:

Now that I've managed to KO the 2nd general boss in the chapter, it looks like my MU has difficulty 2HKOing the boss Zola, constantly failing to meet the strength benchmark and sometimes whiffing / not critting with KE when lacking the necessary firepower. It appears that I need a +str level in this chapter to get a clean 2HKO with my Steel Lance forge.

Obviously, with all rigged +str levels (seems like a necessity for MU in Conquest and also somewhat for Camilla too), this wouldn't even be a problem, but there's only so many so many times you have the patience to restart a chapter - I usually stick with the first successful attempt when the levels are at least decent / acceptable. It's already a given that Ryoma will not be OHKO'd in chapter 25, so that's another turn a girl-only run has to lose.

Not sure if I'll want to return to LTCing the Fates games with growths... Then again, I've got a parallel Awakening 0% growths run going on and it's not at all less luck-reliant than this one, go figure - I tend to seek comfort in this run away from that one more often than the other way around. A lot of RNG-dependent bullshit happening there. As much as the lack of growths saves you from having to get superb level-ups, the difficulty of accumulating lowest turns reliably adds extra worries and reliance on things like which stats enemies roll and how they move when an enemy phase starts - a lot of variance there that's hard to take into account in its entirety and which forces non-stop resetting for the desirable results.

I guess at least Fates hasn't got percentage-based dual attack and guard? The units joining you later on are a good deal more reliable than they are in Awakening too.

Now that I've managed to KO the 2nd general boss in the chapter, it looks like my MU has difficulty 2HKOing the boss Zola, constantly failing to meet the strength benchmark and sometimes whiffing / not critting with KE when lacking the necessary firepower. It appears that I need a +str level in this chapter to get a clean 2HKO with my Steel Lance forge.

Obviously, with all rigged +str levels (seems like a necessity for MU in Conquest and also somewhat for Camilla too), this wouldn't even be a problem, but there's only so many so many times you have the patience to restart a chapter - I usually stick with the first successful attempt when the levels are at least decent / acceptable. It's already a given that Ryoma will not be OHKO'd in chapter 25, so that's another turn a girl-only run has to lose.

Not sure if I'll want to return to LTCing the Fates games with growths... Then again, I've got a parallel Awakening 0% growths run going on and it's not at all less luck-reliant than this one, go figure - I tend to seek comfort in this run away from that one more often than the other way around. A lot of RNG-dependent bullshit happening there. As much as the lack of growths saves you from having to get superb level-ups, the difficulty of accumulating lowest turns reliably adds extra worries and reliance on things like which stats enemies roll and how they move when an enemy phase starts - a lot of variance there that's hard to take into account in its entirety and which forces non-stop resetting for the desirable results.

I guess at least Fates hasn't got percentage-based dual attack and guard? The units joining you later on are a good deal more reliable than they are in Awakening too.

Yeah.

Haven't playtested Awakening's 0%, but from my no-duo games I know some chapters are hell with okay-ish good units. The Valm part is probably really really hard for you, especially since the only unit you get there is Say'ri. (who's a good unit, but Walhart is a pain)

I think you'll have the most trouble on chapter 23.

While 19, 20 and 21 can be somehow trivialized if you rescue chain and RNG-abuse to kill Walhart (I remember he attacks first on 19), chapter 23 is just hell. You're gonna have Say'ri to dodge tank as much as possible.

Have you S-ranked MU yet to get the Naga's Tear? You'll need to give all the strength statboosts to Chrom so he can kill Grima.

Edited by Nintales

Grima is easier to kill w/Basilio x Flavia lol (or literally anyone else besides weak ass Chrom).

Honestly, the entire game sounds like it'd be a PITA in 0% growths. Maybe Anna snorting Levin Swords like cocaine will be enough to pull you through some of the midgame maps, though.

Beruka is needed to carry Nyx to the paired-up General without Nyx dying on the way. If she is taken by Effie there, she needs to not be OHKO'd by foes (namely the Elbow Room silver lance paladin) on turn 1 enemy phase, which requires either a +2 def meal or a Seraph Robe in addition to HP/Defence Tonic (in either case). Effie is also needed more badly by MU with magic and doubling problems in another part of the map (she has to eat an Enfeeble and still solo the enemies there).

I could either just feed the robe to Nyx (still no idea if a character like Camilla or MU will require it for survival later on), or I could give Nyx my last (iirc) Spirit Dust to have the right damage displayed on the General in the screenshot via attack stance.

Forging is yet another option, as I could either buy a 2nd Fimbulvetr or two Thunders to create a Thunder+2 (+4 mt) forge, the cost completely identical. However, throwing 2K gold away isn't something I want right now (too much stuff needs to be bought in the lategame), so I'm going to try to pull it off without the forge. I just found a Speed Thunder tome I must've obtained from talking to units in My Castle - it seems like this gives Nyx the desired 10 dmg in attack stance when she fails to proc +mag in her first levelup. If she does grow +mag, she reaches 10 atk with Fimbulvetr.

I see. I actually thought about recommending reclassing Beruka to Malig Knight, but threw that out because of resource concerns.

I don't think Say'ri can pierce Walhart at all. I've run some calcs and it seems like I need either Tiki (no clue how to recruit her without Basilio/Flavia but I'm not yet close enough to try) or a Solidarity+Anathema+forge-bolstered Anna Arcthunder (iirc) crit from MU-supported Anna to defeat him. I haven't considered rescueskipping the second Walhart map (the larger one with seemingly unavoidable enemies), because Anna and Libra happen to be my only two good Rescue users, but I need to look at the map again. I'm too used to doing that chapter with double Galeforce I guess.

Chrom might want Naga's Tear, but I think other characters also want the various stats the tear grants to fight better in other parts of the run. Still, it does seem like Falchion procs outdamage anything Basilio and Flavia can come up with with their braves and killers in an absurdly lucky dual attack spree. While Chrom's accuracy is laughable, Basilio and Flavia have their problems too.

I'm on Gangrel's map right now, dissatisfied with my previous chapter's clear, because Anna emerged a lv. 3.90 Mage, and after pulling it off once I can't replicate the strat at all because now the enemies prioritise attacking the bulkier Tharja (my guess is it has something to do with max HP rather than the luck stat because Tharja can avoid displayed crit entirely with a Lon'qu pair-up + luck tonic.

Grima is easier to kill w/Basilio x Flavia lol (or literally anyone else besides weak ass Chrom).

Honestly, the entire game sounds like it'd be a PITA in 0% growths. Maybe Anna snorting Levin Swords like cocaine will be enough to pull you through some of the midgame maps, though.

Right now it depends on Chrom's hit rates because the odds of success are looking bad for each strategy, be it Chrom's whiffing (he likes to whiff Grima even with his stats in the 30s on my cheese-efficiency runs through the game) or Basilio's (probably) Killer Axe or Bow crit procs.

Anna's not staying a Trickster due to Levin Sword breaking too early and her combat without it being pretty bad, though I considered staying in for Lucky Seven. I demoted her to Mage after magically 3-turning her map at the earliest convenience and getting her to Sage ASAP may or may not be crucial to having an easier time in endgame maps. It's a choice that can be reconsidered, like many other odd choices, like reclassing Fred to Paladin for more speed at lv. 10, reclassing Robin for pair-up bonuses while giving musexuals support bonuses into classes ranging from Knight to Mage, and so on and so forth. Since I want my lowest turns, it'll take a while until I'm satisfied with everything, but the turn counts I've gotten until now (pre-Gangrel with Anna's paralogue done) have been really low indeed.

Anyway, to come back on-topic...

If I can get a lucky +2 stat1/+2 stat2 meal that affects all of Nyx, Camilla and MU, I should be able to have a tolerably probable 2-turn clear of chapter 18 and finally move on from this dreadful map. Being at the mercy of a strength proc in an already unreliable strat doesn't feel good at all.

So far, my cooks have all disappointed (currently it's Nyx and Camilla with +2 str/mag from meals, but not MU).

I don't think Say'ri can pierce Walhart at all. I've run some calcs and it seems like I need either Tiki (no clue how to recruit her without Basilio/Flavia but I'm not yet close enough to try) or a Solidarity+Anathema+forge-bolstered Anna Arcthunder (iirc) crit from MU-supported Anna to defeat him. I haven't considered rescueskipping the second Walhart map (the larger one with seemingly unavoidable enemies), because Anna and Libra happen to be my only two good Rescue users, but I need to look at the map again. I'm too used to doing that chapter with double Galeforce I guess.

Recruiting Tiki is a pretty mess of rescue-spamming.

The AI will never go for you unless tiki is dead, so as long as you use rescue well it's quite doable if you can keep one side clear. (though I know how hard that is)

They also have okay-ish hitrates on Tiki so you can try rigging for that too. (around 70% iirc)

You can't kill Grima without Chrom because nobody deals really enough damage. You also have to rely on wonky Dual Attack and Hit Rates, because Chrom's are awful, but that's your only hope.

I definitely recommand Bow Knight Gregor.

Chrom might want Naga's Tear, but I think other characters also want the various stats the tear grants to fight better in other parts of the run. Still, it does seem like Falchion procs outdamage anything Basilio and Flavia can come up with with their braves and killers in an absurdly lucky dual attack spree. While Chrom's accuracy is laughable, Basilio and Flavia have their problems too.

Yeah, that's the issue.

You're off getting Flavia with a Chrom pair-up (with both boosted by Basilio) while reclassing her as an assassin so her base speed is enough with a speed tonic to double grima. (you need 38 speed to double Grima iirc, with Great Lord Chrom giving 4 speed and Flavia having 32 as an assassin)

Then you go for 4 brave sword hits praying for Chrom to actually hit (try to get him to aether to make this easier), along Olivia dancing Flavia to get the final hits.

Iirc this deals right the damage to kill Grima if you fed Chrom every strength statbooster.

EDIT : Found the planning I had done long ago for the final map : (though it is reliant on getting MU to Rally Royal, that I don't think would be possible for you ; maybe you could get Morgan to lv15?)

Let's see.

Base Flavia (who is gonna be our Grima-Killer) gets 30 speed as a hero, and 32 speed as an assassin. She'll need just a Spd Tonic and a Rally Speed to double Grima, or if we're assuming duos, just a Chrom Pair-up and a Spd Tonic.

She'd get up to 38 str with a Str Tonic, a Rally Royal and a Rally Strength. Adding a Chrom pair-up, that's 39.

With a forged Brave Sword up to 14 might, she gets 17 might added, making 56 might on Grima.

Grima has 41 defense, he'll take 7 damage with Dragonskin. 28 damage therefore if no pavise proc, which puts him down to 60 Hps.

Base promoted Chrom gets with Rally Royal and Rally Strength 19 Strength. With a Strength Tonic, that's 21. If my memory is correct, you get two Energy Drops and one Naga's tear, increasing it up to 27. Exalted Falchion has 15 base might. Tripling it makes 45 might.

He gets therefore 72 might on Grima, dealing 15 damage on him, which makes 60 damage if he procs a Dual Attack each time Flavia duos.

You can kill Grima with no procs whatsoever if he doesn't proc pavise once, which is quite unlikely though.

But, with multiple Pavise procs, you can still dance Flavia with Olivia.

Grima can be rushed thanks to Say'ri's ability to ORKO the Zerker with two speed rallies, one strength and a forged Brave Sword.

EDIT 2 : Say'ri can easily get the boosts from a pair-up too.

If you don't have Rally Royal, Flavia deals 5 damage to Grima = 20.

Chrom lowers to 13. 13x4 = 52.

You deal overall 144 damage with a Dance from Olivia. This is still doable.

Edited by Nintales

berserker basilio with the same boosts (the tear and energy drops) totally trucks him with a brave axe. He almost ORKO's without Dual strikes. Alternatively he can also brave bow him as a warrior for less damage (he loses axefaire and 1 strength) but ignores pavise. You can even reclass him to Great Knight and fish for Luna procs off of 30 base skill.

The more important part is that Basilio actually can use the stat boosters in other chapters unlike Chrom.

berserker basilio with the same boosts (the tear and energy drops) totally trucks him with a brave axe. He almost ORKO's without Dual strikes. Alternatively he can also brave bow him as a warrior for less damage (he loses axefaire and 1 strength) but ignores pavise. You can even reclass him to Great Knight and fish for Luna procs off of 30 base skill.

The more important part is that Basilio actually can use the stat boosters in other chapters unlike Chrom.

Base Basilio has 35 strength as a Zerker.

With a Strength tonic it goes up to 37.

If you levelled him up to 15 it gets to 42.

He gets 43 might with the Axe bonus. Forged Brave Axe gets him to 60 might.

He deals 9x2 damage an attack to Grima.

Yeah, you're right.

Seems like Brave!Axe Basilio is better than Chrom. Plus he's easier to get dual attacks from since he has a Flavia support. And he doesn't require any drop.

Edited by Nintales

Recruiting Tiki is a pretty mess of rescue-spamming.

The AI will never go for you unless tiki is dead, so as long as you use rescue well it's quite doable if you can keep one side clear. (though I know how hard that is)

They also have okay-ish hitrates on Tiki so you can try rigging for that too. (around 70% iirc)

If Tiki is dead, it's game over. You get attacked by the enemies when you block their access to Tiki completely though.

I never tried rescuing Tiki back and forth to keep her out of harm's way - she CAN survive a round of combat with a single enemy however, so that's something; wouldn't count on a 70 to miss though.

The waves of reinforcements are pretty brutal in that map - I sometimes struggle with this map on normal runs when I don't have enough/any Galeforce (when playing more casually), and enemies could opt to attack a frailer unit like Sumia, putting her under risk of death. I'm sure this is not how the map will play out on 0% growths, but it will be really hard I'm sure.

You can't kill Grima without Chrom because nobody deals really enough damage. You also have to rely on wonky Dual Attack and Hit Rates, because Chrom's are awful, but that's your only hope.

I definitely recommand Bow Knight Gregor.

Hey, Chrom actually has the best Dual Attack rate out of all unsupported units in the game!

BK Gregor is essential for the map immediately following the one he joins in. His midgame performance is okay - the enemies start growing way too fast and 1-2 range is very important, hence why Fred is so good and hence my decision to demote Anna.

Yeah, that's the issue.

You're off getting Flavia with a Chrom pair-up (with both boosted by Basilio) while reclassing her as an assassin so her base speed is enough with a speed tonic to double grima. (you need 38 speed to double Grima iirc, with Great Lord Chrom giving 4 speed and Flavia having 32 as an assassin)

Then you go for 4 brave sword hits praying for Chrom to actually hit (try to get him to aether to make this easier), along Olivia dancing Flavia to get the final hits.

Iirc this deals right the damage to kill Grima if you fed Chrom every strength statbooster.

EDIT : Found the planning I had done long ago for the final map : (though it is reliant on getting MU to Rally Royal, that I don't think would be possible for you ; maybe you could get Morgan to lv15?)

Chrom cannot activate Aether unless he's the main unit in pair-up. The good thing about this mechanic is that Chrom's attacks also can't be halved by Pavise (but he'll whiff all the time even with Anathema/Hex support I'm sure, and getting Henry/Tharja in range could also be problematic for efficiency).

Rally Royal, what are you, French? I'm sure Morgan is not getting to lv. 15 because of the lategame being infested with bosskill maps. It'd be problematic to conceive an Anna!Morgan or Say'ri!Morgan too (my current run has me support Chrom with MU for a slightly better Lucina with +10 crit bonus to allies).

ORKOs without Dual Strikes seriously? Grima has 88 HP/41+3 def/Dragonskin. You need to deal 22+ dmg per strike to 4HKO him, so Basilio needs to pack 88 mt with a Brave Axe to achieve this feat. He only has 34 strength as a Warrior on HM and Brave Axe is 12 mt, +1 A axe bonus, so that's 47 mt without any work - you have to get the remaining 41 through all other ways possible - boosters, Vaike somehow reaching 10/5 to Rally Strength, forging (needs enough money), pair-up... He needs 14 levels as Berserker for Axefaire, too - Luna seems to be more worthy of an investment (+20 dmg on proc), but 23 spd as a GK is 15 points of speed short of doubling Grima. A support Assassin Flavia gives +9 spd alone, so that's 6 more points left - 2 easy points from tonics, and the rest could be taken from Rally Speed but... I can't guarantee that Cordelia will reach 10/5 as Falcoknight as her combat stats get far too scrubby too early. Boosters exist too.

But yeah, ORKOing Grima is likely the last of the run's worries. Shaving off turns is a headache to some extent in each map, Tiki is hard to recruit, and Walhart is notoriously difficult to kill (he has Aegis for both Tiki and Anna strats too).

Edited by Espinosa

he can theoretically have...

35 str berserker + 6 statboosters + 2 tonic + 8 rallies + 5 axefaire + 6 A Assassin!Flavia support + 1 A Axes + 12 Brave Axe + 5MT Forge does 16 damage a hit. Plus you can dance and stuff. This is all theoretical though. Brave bow is probably better anyway since Pavise won't proc at all. I'm guessing Robin will get Rally Spectrum so he'd double as a GK anyway, that's probably your best bet.

You should see some of my current stats and then extrapolate how much space there is to train Robin/Morgan to Spectrum. And those are mostly rout maps that we don't rescueskip with a bosskill. Getting him/her to lv. 10 unpromoted is fairly easy, but anything beyond that point? Good luck with that. Even lv. 5 Falcoknight Cordelia is way more realistic, and I could always just feed him all my Speedwings + Naga's Tear maybe (it has a turn cost, and Morgan's map is certainly not 1-turned on 0% growths because your fliers suck and lack Galeforce).

Luna is worth considering to go GK (+7 defence should help in those lategame routs too) for, though it hurts Basilio's other stats and makes it harder for him to cross forests without a dedicated flier. We all know from Link Arena how Luna turns measly damage into big damage, though, and that's the next cheesiest tactic on the list with Lethality and Counter doing nothing against Dragonskin.

Today I got Nyx as a cook and routinely cooked until the 32nd one gave me the desired +2 boost to all three of Nyx, Camilla and MU. I started recording my C18 attempts and the very first one was successful, with okay levelups too. Knowing what I have to deal with here (~50 failed attempts in a row last night) I don't want to re-do this map again.

Now I'm finally at chapter 19, and the only thing I regret is using up my only Arms Scroll on MU prior to last map (where I thought I needed the sword rank bonus for better combat, magical and physical, on MU - after the meal, I didn't need it anymore). Now MU is at A swords/C lances, which is actually really good, but Camilla will never get out of E lances for Beastkiller (should've reclassed her to Wyvern on turn 3 of the chapter 10 defend map) and Elise won't get B staves either (less likely to be necessary, what with Flora joining really soon).

I do hope Beastkiller access on a flier won't be needed for the Kitsune rout - not sure if I can double them at all (I do have two Speedwings lying around, but MU might want one for the final boss - or even both), which would make Beastkiller unnecessary for all but the boss. MU can still use the Beastkiller with lance rank bonus as a Paladin, and I have more than enough flying units to carry her around (most are weak to Beastbane though). She could also always reclass for Strength+2/Lunge because why not.

This game starts throwing dodgy bosses at you, right away starting from chapter 3 (also a ninja). Takumi's another dodgy bastard, but I'm hoping an MU with sword access and capped sword rank can have superior hit rates against him than a lance/axe/shuriken-using MU would.

When I get to Takumi that is. Right now it's Fox Hell for me.