Dread Scrolls and DF Wings

Wayward Alchemist

Well Azama and his daughter are stricte physical so they benefit from Dread fighter more than thier priest class. (early promoted Azama rape everything, like Mozu)

DF wings? If you want to have good mage in Hoshido, give it to Sakura how fast you can, she's best mage you'll get in this route (get on that those seals you can use before lvl 10)

Well, Azura works well at great-lord if you won't sing with her much.
Lodestar? No idea, even Lobster would benefit from it but he have already trueblade, Maybe Hinata? He needs speed tho.
It's really your choice, there are alot of characters which will benefit from those.

Hayato already has a D rank in tomes and complimentary growths so I think he's one of the better Dark Fliers

It's all about bases, in Hoshido he have horrible ones, In Revelations he's one of best mages you'll get. :P

Almost everyone physical wants to be a Dread Fighter (except some mounted units and maybe some bow users) because Shurikens are that good. The Ninjas might be the best because they already have weapon rank though it's a very similar class to what they already have. Mozu technically has the best growths for it (especially if you're training up weapon rank anyway) but tbh her hp is still really low. Azama has barely worse growths and better Hp/Def.

Everyone magical wants to be a Dark Falcon. Saizou in an unorthodox option with decent durability.

The best candidates are Corrin (by far the best stats between the level lead early and the servant bonuses) and the early servant however (actually get Galeforce before lategame).

Edited by XeKr

But doesn't reclassing Hayato immediately give him far better bases?

On hoshido he's lvl 1, like Mozu, even reclassing won't help him comparing even to Mozu (which have apptitude)

Edited by Eriotto

I'm a big fan of Saizo Dark Flier with Orochi pairup. Saizo has naturally solid mag growths and he joins early, so he can take advantage of it pretty well especially if you're worried about "there's 3 goddamn ninjas in this route"

He's not very fast, but not crippling slow like Orochi, so with the +11 or so speed he can get from various sources he doubles reliably. I think DF Saizo is one of the best things I did to myself this run, honestly.

Also I like Dread Fighter Kaze. Keeps the shuriken rank (though it does cap at B but since I have Smithy on Rinka I was able to make a +3 Iron forge and that's pretty much everything I need) It boosts his strength significantly while turning him into someone you can throw at entire groups of mages and just decimate them all. Also it's the most defensive option for him that still keeps shuriken use.

They're both nerfed though.

Quick Slash/Aggressor isn't +10, and Galeforce doesn't activate on Attack Stance or Guard Stance.

I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. Skills in general are pretty weak this time around compared to some of the other games. I kind of prefer it this way honestly. By the last half dozen or so battles in Awakening, the late game battles that should have been the really fun large scale difficult battles, there wasnt really any strategy necessary. My party was so beefed up I just rolled over everything with no thought required. Galeforce had a big hand in that too, but then throw in 3 characters with Aether, and a bunch with astra, sol, luna, etc, the enemy just had no vhance. I prefer having to play smart or lose.