Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

Tbh I just felt like upgrading and thought that way I could have free reign to hack my old one. I've had it for a while now and seeing that I liked the design of the fates 3DS so much I was like "Yeah, why not?" I'm using my birthday as an excuse to splurge on all the fire emblem stuff I'm getting to be honest.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, got my e-mail back, again. It's pretty much the same things but:

Stephen Morgan (GameStop)

15 Mar, 08:15

Hi Aaron

Thank you for contacting GameStop and sorry for the delay in responding to your support ticket

Unfortunately Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition will not be available to Gamestop Ireland

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards
Stephen | E-Commerce Customer Relations Officer

So pretty much us in Ireland are fucked over.

I am very salty.

Yeah, I also decided to splurge on the Fates N3DSXL mostly because I liked the design and partially as an excuse to upgrade. I might keep my old 3DSXL and hack or or use it for Homebrew or something, but I'm leaning t towards selling it for now. Need all the money I can get to fun my Fire Emblem Cipher addiction.

Also, that's incredibly disappointing, Azz. :\ I guess Amazon is probably your best hope now?

Yeah, I also decided to splurge on the Fates N3DSXL mostly because I liked the design and partially as an excuse to upgrade. I might keep my old 3DSXL and hack or or use it for Homebrew or something, but I'm leaning t towards selling it for now. Need all the money I can get to fun my Fire Emblem Cipher addiction.

Hehe, looks like we both have close to the same plan. XD

Hi Aaron

Thank you for contacting GameStop and sorry for the delay in responding to your support ticket

Unfortunately Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition will not be available to Gamestop Ireland

Kind Regards

I am very salty.

Aww man :( I feel really bad for you and anyone else in Ireland. What are you going to do? :(

Edited by Mox

Hehe, looks like we both have close to the same plan. XD

Aww man :( I feel really bad for you and anyone else in Ireland. What are you going to do? :(

I guess Amazon, or hope that maybe Argos may get it (But I highly doubt that Argos or even Smythes will have it available).

I may even see if GAME delivers abroad.

Hi Aaron

Kind Regards

I am very salty.

If the SE isn't being released here I wonder why the games are so expensive

The pre order is 70 euro which is ridiculous for a single version.

Hi Aaron

Kind Regards

I am very salty.

Well that's just awful to read.

I've been asking around too and there was no answer so far from people, though with online updates that 69.99 is ridiculous. And I'm pretty much consigned to not getting the special edition.

One silver lining is that Smyths have also updated their prices and it's 44.99 for each. Not much silver, but still.

Tbh I just felt like upgrading and thought that way I could have free reign to hack my old one. I've had it for a while now and seeing that I liked the design of the fates 3DS so much I was like "Yeah, why not?" I'm using my birthday as an excuse to splurge on all the fire emblem stuff I'm getting to be honest.

that would be a good reason tho. And although I do like the design, I'm quite okay with my 3DS NONXL (dont' like the XL)

Hi Aaron

Kind Regards

I am very salty.

that's just cruel. I hope you find another (web)shop that does ship to ireland

French pre orders opened with Auchan (already sold out) and Micromania (expensive 89,99 €) but still available one hour ago.

Don't know for now, still no opening on Amazon though.

Good luck everyone I can now return to normal life.

Edited by Paposaure

EB has completely stopped preorders for the Special Edition as they have sold out, but they told me that on release they will have a few extra available. SE is going for a retail price of $130 AUD. If you have put a preorder of $50 on a standard copy of the game it's likely that you have been upgraded to the SE (luckily, that's what happened to me). My friend managed to snag a SE preorder at JB HI FI, but that was a few days after the date announcement so I'm not sure how many copies they might have left now. Also, if you're considering buying the 3DS I'd suggest preordering sooner rather than later because they're selling like hotcakes.

Seriously?? I haven't put a preorder on the game yet because I was waiting for the SE to go back up on the site - I had thought they'd taken it down after the announcement in order to confirm the info and put up a new listing. Oh well, I might have to try and get one some other way; the game comes out in the middle of my assessments anyway so I won't get much of a chance to play it :(

And yeah I've preordered the 3DS ^-^ At least I have that all sorted haha

Update: I've emailed both JB and EB and JB has replied, telling me they only took preorders in store and that I have to go in in order to be put on a waiting list -_- No wonder I couldn't find anything on the site.

Are there any other places who would sell it?

Edited by tiia

Seriously?? I haven't put a preorder on the game yet because I was waiting for the SE to go back up on the site - I had thought they'd taken it down after the announcement in order to confirm the info and put up a new listing. Oh well, I might have to try and get one some other way; the game comes out in the middle of my assessments anyway so I won't get much of a chance to play it :(

Update: I've emailed both JB and EB and JB has replied, telling me they only took preorders in store and that I have to go in in order to be put on a waiting list -_- No wonder I couldn't find anything on the site.

Yeah, I have uni assessments as well. :/ Fates why you come out during uni???

But yeah, that sucks. I think my friend just got really really lucky with JB to be honest.

Honestly, I can only really think of EB and JB for physical retailers. It might be worth checking with Target or Kmart just in case they're stocking it.

Aussie friend of mine suggests maybe checking out Mighty Ape and Target. He knows the latter had the Fates N3DSXL at least.

Just got my Special Edition pre-ordered! Hype is nuts!! Check your gamestop's people, Sweden's gamestops just recieved word that only 1 Special edition PER STORE will be available, don't know if it's the same in other countries but if Sweden has recieved word then maybe the others have as well!

Just got my Special Edition pre-ordered! Hype is nuts!! Check your gamestop's people, Sweden's gamestops just recieved word that only 1 Special edition PER STORE will be available, don't know if it's the same in other countries but if Sweden has recieved word then maybe the others have as well!

Only one copy per store? I find that hard to believe....

There is no signs of SE on gamestop website. Sweden has like 10 gamestop stores around the country there is no way each only got one copy... If each store got 5-10 copies sure I'll buy that but not one <.<

Aussie friend of mine suggests maybe checking out Mighty Ape and Target. He knows the latter had the Fates N3DSXL at least.

Will be checking out both of those, thanks for the suggestions.

Honestly, this preorder issue is nuts. Hopefully everyone gets theirs sorted out!

There is no signs of SE on gamestop website. Sweden has like 10 gamestop stores around the country there is no way each only got one copy... If each store got 5-10 copies sure I'll buy that but not one <.<

Maybe it's a preliminary thing, but you can call them yourself if you want

Maybe it's a preliminary thing, but you can call them yourself if you want

Meh I already scored my SE copy through webhallen as soon it went up. I just don't buy their excuse, that's all xD

I just want to say that I received my Fates cover plates and that I would recommend them, they're gorgeous. I just have to wait till I get my new 3ds X'D

Everybody good luck! I hope you all will get your SE pre-order soon

the main drawback of having an 'old' 3DS XD