Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

WHAT ?! Already ?! Oh please, let some Special editions reach the Micromania or Fnac stores.... But still, how did it take one day to clear all the stocks ? Most people around me don't even know what Fire Emblem is, when did it get so popular in France ? (Hope it doesn't end up like the Yoshi Amiibo fiasco when they were supposed to be released...)

Lol so true. The only people around me who know about FE do so because i tell them about it, so i was also very surprised when i saw so many dutchies on here and how quickly the stores ran out of stock.

I think we all can agree that SE in EU was handled way worse than NA and AUS xD

You can say that again.

Edited by BruceLee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that Nintendo could have handled the situation a lot better, don't forget that in the US only 2 stores had the pre-orders up almost immediately and that a lot of pre-orders from them were cancelled. Canada also had to wait for the SE to go online and other stores in the US also had them after some time and not immediately. So I wouldn't say yet that the situation is handled worse.

Edited by ZeroKamui

Lol so true. The only people around me who know about FE do so because i tell them about it, so i was also very surprised when i saw so many dutchies on here and how quickly the stores ran out of stock.

Same here. and that's both good and bad news XD (most of the time its good news, just not when the hunt for a SE starts ;P)

While I agree that Nintendo could have handled the situation a lot better, don't forget that only 2 stores had the pre-orders up almost immediately and that a lot of pre-orders from them were cancelled. Canada also had to wait for the SE to go online and other stores in the US also had them after some time and not immediately. So I wouldn't say yet that the situation is handled worse.

not? its been 2 weeks since the announcement and half of Europe hasn't even had the pre-orders open yet

Edited by BrandedRogue

not? its been 2 weeks since the announcement and half of Europe hasn't even had the pre-orders open yet

I'm pretty sure Canada also had to wait longer than 2 weeks and Mexico never even got it. Also in NA only like 7 stores even got the SE, a lot less than here.

I'm not saying that it's handled good here but I know from friends in the US that getting the SE was hell and if you didn't get it on the first day you had a really small chance on ever getting it, so I personally think it's "better" here than there. But that is my opinion.

I'm pretty sure Canada also had to wait longer than 2 weeks and Mexico never even got it. Also in NA only like 7 stores even got the SE, a lot less than here.

I'm not saying that it's handled good here but I know from friends in the US that getting the SE was hell and if you didn't get it on the first day you had a really small chance on ever getting it, so I personally think it's "better" here than there. But that is my opinion.

Well that also depends on which country within the EU you live in. Some countries seem to have no info at all regarding the SE.

I think a large part of the problem is that they didn't foresee the demand. FE may be a "niche" series, but it gained a lot of popular as a result of Awakening and I don't think they thought there would be nearly as much demand for the SE as there was.

Well there are still no UK stores selling, but I've also checked their official store in both UK and EU and it still has nothing on both so are you sure these sites aren't just giving a rough guess to pricing and are letting you book in your copy beforehand?

Managed to get a copy of Amazon.de. I'll obviously cancel it in the event I manage to get a copy off a UK retailer's site, but if the situation is really as bad as it seems, that's probably real unlikely.

Anyone have any idea why this is so poorly managed? Other collectors editions (Bravely Second, Hyrule Legends) appear to be pretty easy to obtain. Does Nintendo of Europe hate Fire Emblem or something?

Anyone have any idea why this is so poorly managed? Other collectors editions (Bravely Second, Hyrule Legends) appear to be pretty easy to obtain. Does Nintendo of Europe hate Fire Emblem or something?

Looking at how it was for NA and AUS the main reason I think is just very limited supply of SE in general. It's even worse that they don't restock it to meet the demand. Another thing to consider is that AUS is one country (two with New Zeeland) same deal with NA so it's far easier to handle the communication between the retailers and Nintendo. Same thing can not be said for EU where NoE have to appeal 5 different languages all in one continent. There is also the fact every country has their own chain of retailers where NA and AUS does not have the same problem.

TL;DR Most likely EU have struck with the all mighty poor communication kills very hard.

For those who managed to pre-order, was there any kind of price range given? Cause I want to get the SE when ever it is available on the UK store, but my parents wont let me get it if it is over 100 euro.

For those who managed to pre-order, was there any kind of price range given? Cause I want to get the SE when ever it is available on the UK store, but my parents wont let me get it if it is over 100 euro.

Just preordered it on gamestop.it for 85. I doubt it will be much different elsewhere

Edited by Nik

Well, on Gamestop.it it is currently costing 84.98 euros, which works out to 66.44 pound, so I'm guessing somewhere from 50-80 pounds for the special edition in the UK

For the French, the SE has been restocked on Micromania's website, so hurry up !

Dans deux heures c'est fini je pense...

C'est pourquoi je déteste finir les cours à 19h...

Screw my luck, I'm late to the party again...

but they could have learned from the NA situation

This. A few copies wouldn't have hurt them since they knew SE would sell well enough. I guess my only friend who I could talk about FE to will kill me when I'll tell her.... We both expected it so much...

Convert 80 USD to your regional currency. That should give you how much it will cost you.

That's not really accurate a lot of the time, to be honest.

80 USD is £56 and I'd be very surprised if our SE is that cheap, since Awakening on its own was £40 retail, Fates' individual games seem to be selling for £35 though at the moment.

Our SE will likely be £70-80, which is $100-115

Edited by Leonarbow