Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

Same here - I've managed to stay clear of story elements and such, but I did check out the class videos. The new class designs look pretty nice (I only checked the Nohr one having said that), although the generic enemy armour knight still looks like it has a toilet on its head. Generals look nice though.

The DLC video I watched was the Vanguard one just to see what the enemies looked like (that's when I peeked at the comments and had to look away quickly). I kinda wish they played Stalking Menace when you face the Ludveck clone, but I do like the generic boss theme.

Edited by General Zelgius

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've added everyone since my last comment. If someone hasn't added me my details are:

Name:Hudder368
Code: 1607-2042-0379

I've added everyone's code posted since my last post.

I was hoping the game would notify you for stuff like this and make it an automatic thing with just the friend codes, but I guess if that's not the case there'll be ways we can get to it sorted out.

Has everyone been having a spoiler-free time so far? I actually almost got spoiled watching a DLC map - I made the mistake of looking at the comments section.

I have managed to avoid spoilers actually. I have been watching Omegaevolution's playthrough a little bit (like 4-5 chapters per route)but made sure to avoid the story part and only watch the gameplay.

Has everyone been having a spoiler-free time so far? I actually almost got spoiled watching a DLC map - I made the mistake of looking at the comments section.

For me most of the story have been spoiled. Still it's mainly character deaths and bosses that I have been spoiled not how the entire story unfolded thankfully. At the beginning when it was only in Japan only minor stuff was spoiled but after a certain character death I simply said fuck it, I won't bother to avoid them. I have however, avoided all gameplay, cutscenes, with exception of the first 6 chapters and the recently released DLCs in Japan, and lets plays because that's something I don't want to be spoiled on and experience it on my own along with the story.

Fortunately for me as I play a game I can block out most of the spoilers out from my head and play the game as if I went in mostly blind.

I only really know about character deaths, I'm actually kind of happy I know because I'm really bad at dealing with characters dying so now I'm kinda prepared.

I have also been able to play a little of the American version, I've played some of every version but skipped all the story dialogue so I don't know anything about that. But I'm also able to block out most of the spoilers I know so I can go in pretty blind.

Do any of you have already planned who to pair up with who in the game?

I have a little note document I made a while ago detailing a team with things like skills and pairings. Although it will probably change when I'm actually playing the game depending on the viability of it, I hear children aren't too useful on lunatic runs in this game due to their availability and I plan on playing on lunatic (if its available to choose from at the start). I like the fact that you can 'buy' skills from old characters/other players, it'll take the grinding element down alot.

Nope. I'm pretty much 100% spoiled on Birthright & Conquest. I have seen bits of Revelation though not that much. Don't really care for the story personally I'm here for the gameplay. Albeit I love PoRs story though.

Edited by IsaacBorg

I wish I did fully. Awakening was hard enough just going in head first and matching everyone up, and with an even bigger roster this time around, just pairing up who I think look good together is tricky (or usually not even an option at first XD). The few I'm pretty sure I'm going to do, Hoshido wise, are MU x Hinata, Aqua x Ryouma (probably will do Aqua x Marx on Nohr and Aqua x M!MU on Revelations), Sakura x Saizo, Hana x Suzukaze, Takumi x Oboro and Joker x Setsuna (May have gotten names mixed up, I'll get used to everyone once I start the game ><). I haven't even made up my mind on any in Nohr really. I want to pair up everyone beforehand though, even if I'm not completely happy with it because I know for sure most of them I've set my mind on I'll probably change after getting to the support logs, which is really the only reason why I'll pair couples up depending on their discussion's charm. I'm rather content with my kid pair ups though, which has been the easiest ships (for the moment!).

Other than who my Corrin's will end up with, nope. Heck, trying to find the right waifu/husbando is hard enough as it is. I have read some of the support so I probably have a small idea who will end up with who but that can change as I play the game.

Added everyone so far.

Hopefully when the game comes out we can all add each other's friend codes and exchange My Castle codes like the Americans did. Maybe on release we should make a separate thread for that?

So how exactly does that work? I assume if we have each other as friends then we can find each other's castles ingame?

I'm pretty much 100% spoiled on Conquest(i don't like the story, but i'll still be playing for the gameplay). Birthright i know of the big stuff that happens but not every detail, Revelations i'm still mostly blind towards.

I purely pair character if I like them together, I don't care about the bonusses hahaha.

Same here, i don't care which pairing is most optimal, i go with what feels right.

Nope. I'm pretty much 100% spoiled on Birthright & Conquest. I have seen bits of Revelation though not that much. Don't really care for the story personally I'm here for the gameplay. Albeit I love PoRs story though.

PoR ftw. I'm doing a run right now, just finished chapter 7, rip my feels.

Edited by BruceLee

Added everyone so far.

So how exactly does that work? I assume if we have each other as friends then we can find each other's castles ingame?

Yep, in My Castle there's an option to visit the castles of your friends, I believe.

As for being spoiled, I've fortunately already played the game in Japanese, so the AU version will most likely be my 'definitive' version that I go all-out on. Planning on doing a Hard/Lunatic PMU for my first run-throughs to make things interesting.

I always do a relatively simple first run for FE games where I pair up people based on how I feel they fit together. For Fates, the plan is to do a Conquest Normal/Classic, Birthright Hard/Classic, and Revelations Hard/Classic before getting into more difficult modes where I'll actually want to plan stuff. Since I've been staying away from spoilers, I don't really know much of the personality and/or usefulness of characters (though I do know what they all look like thanks to Cipher), so I have no idea what my pairings will be. I haven't even decided who I want to pair F!Corrin up with since there are a few different guys I'm interested in. I guess I might have to ask around to figure out what pairing(s) of the ones I want would be the last optimal for her so I can do those ones in my early runs where it doesn't matter as much. :P

Once I get into Lunatic modes is where I'll really start researching and working on pairings. Will be a little while before I get that far, though.

I've added everyone so far. My friend code is: 1779 - 0504 - 3350

-------------------------

As I brought the JP version of the game August last year, I've already planned out all of my pairings. Luckily my favourite pairings give the child charactrs decent mods, so I can use them without screwing the kids over (For example: Silas x Hinoka, Takumi x Oboro and Ryoma x Kagero) Unfortunately, I also quite like pairings such as Benny x Azura. Oh well, as long as I have my Hinoka!Sophie I'll (probably) live.

Hmmm I'm going to plan out all my pairings today. I heard that Kaze!Sophie is amazing, can anyone confirm that?

I think one of the most annoying things is is that I want to marry Saizo but I also want to pair him up with someone else, ugh...

I'm probably going to start with birthright because I like their characters the least.

Edited by ZeroKamui

Hmmm I'm going to plan out all my pairings today. I heard that Kaze!Sophie is amazing, can anyone confirm that?

I think one of the most annoying things is is that I want to marry Saizo but I also want to pair him up with someone else, ugh...

I'm probably going to start with birthright because I like their characters the least.

Kaze!Sophie is, unfortunately, impossible.

Do it. Marry Saizo. Make me proud. Carry on the good work.

Kaze!Sophie is, unfortunately, impossible.

Do it. Marry Saizo. Make me proud. Carry on the good work.

There is a awesome mod that makes it possible, my signature is also a screenshot I took from the game itself ;)

I'll probably marry Saizo in my first birthright playtrough, he's just so hot and amazing ;♡; Niles is still number 1 though

Hah, that's surprising. All of the Intertoys I've been to have had pretty sparse game selections, especially for Nintendo. Seems like it's already up on the site, though. Nice for people still looking to get one.

I thought so too, I actually went to intertoys to ask about it when the release date was just announced (since the only stores selling games here are intertoys and bartsmit) and the manager said I shouldn't count on it because they almost never get special editions so I started looking elsewhere, but I'm happy for the people still looking!

Yes that is very surprising, intertoys was the last place i'd expect to get it. Maybe Bart Smit will get it as well then? xD

bart smit doesn't know a game exists until they have it on their shelves. and it doesn't exists anymore when its sold out ><

Has anyone preordered anything from the online Nintendo store before? If so, when was your item dispatched and how long did it take to arrive?

I have preordered Fates on the UK store and I was wondering about this.

Edited by phoenixmiko