Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does uni have to kill my hype D; oh well ... at least I have another fates shirt coming from Yetee :)

How's everyone holding out with the wait?

How are you guys finding the pricing? I ordered a copy there from Amazon for £32.50 with free delivery. It says the expected delivery is the 21st so that's not too bad. I imagine most indoor shops will have it for around £40 on the release day.

Honestly, price wasn't a concern to me at all. I pre-ordered the SE from a semi-local shop for €89 and I was very happy with that. I think amazon.de had it for a bit cheaper (while it was available there anyway), but I would have had to wait for delivery, and there's the uncertainty of if I would have even been able to get an SE from them given the pre-order issues.

Managed to order the SE too, and I was also happy with the price. Can't see any reason to complain when it looks like three games in one, and I never really do editions/pre orders at all. This year seems to be flying by until it got to May. I wonder why!

I pre-ordered from Nedgame ages ago back when it first came up. I only mentioned it now because Zelgius was asking opinions about pricing. As far as I'm concerned, my pre-order is worth every penny.

How are you guys managing to preorder the SE? It's still not back in stock yet in the UK.

Same as Kirie. I had preordered at the time gamestop had in stock a while ago.

I ordered my SE at the Gamestop, at the very first moment it came out and at the price of 85€.

Definitely worth it!

Edited by Acker

It just occurred to me that I currently live in a small Spanish town, so I could probably waltz into a store and buy the special edition, provided they'd even have it for sale in the first place.

Then I also remembered that EVERYTHING here gets dubbed. I don't suppose anyone who played the Spanish version of Awakening could tell me if it was possible to set the language to English? I mean I already have the Japanese version, but I was thinking of getting the English one for future playthroughs, and it's even more important if I want my brother to ever get into the series.

I'm pretty sure there is only one European version of Awakening and the language set is based on the one that is set for the 3DS. If I switch the language of the 3DS from German to Spanish, then Awakening will be in Spanish as well. So I really don't think that Spain has some kind of special version of the game that doesn't contain the rest of the common PAL languages.

Although the Pokemon games have always had only the local language and I remember the same being true for the old handheld Zeldas. So I suppose it's not entirely impossible that NoE for one reason or another might decide to do the same thing with their release of Fates. But with the exception of Pokemon, I haven't seen this done since the GBA days with large RPGs like Golden Sun.

Edited by BrightBow

I'm pretty sure there is only one European version of Awakening and the language set is based on the one that is set for the 3DS. If I switch the language of the 3DS from German to Spanish, then Awakening will be in Spanish as well. So I really don't think that Spain has some kind of special version of the game that doesn't contain the rest of the common PAL languages.

Although the Pokemon games have always had only the local language and I remember the same being true for the old handheld Zeldas. So I suppose it's not entirely impossible that NoE for one reason or another might decide to do the same thing with their release of Fates. But I haven't seen this done outside of Pokemon since the GBA days.

Oh, is that how it works? I'm glad to hear it! Thanks!

Oh man, I only just now realized that the game is only half a month away. I'm kinda hyped about seeing with my own eyes just how deep the rabbit hole goes but at the same time I am also kinda scared that the game might still be able to somehow break me just like Awakening did. It's a weird feeling.

But hey, this time around if the leghumping, bloodthirstiness, obnoxiousness and messed up sense of morality of the game gets to me, I can simply play some Smash for a few rounds of Corrin whacking. I even made a stage with a ceiling so I don't have to be overly careful about his counter. :evil:

Edit: Anyway, on the subject of PAL language support, normally I would have no doubt that the game would have all the languages but seeing how this is the first time that the series' has even the titles translated into the various European languages, I am admittedly a little worried. Maybe they actually decided to make their own dubs this time like back in Radiant Dawn, which might force them to have cartridges with only one language setting because they can only cram so many sound files on one 3DS cartridge. I suppose there isn't an image of the back of the box of the PAL version?

Edited by BrightBow

I can't speak for the regular editions, but I do know that there is only 1 version of the SE at least, and that version is the same all over PAL regions. Individual game cartridges might be different, but I wouldn't think so, just because that seems like a lot of extra effort.

anyone know what are the details of that season pass? the name sounds to me like something you buy to have access to something for a limited time? or is season pass just a very unfortunate name for map-pack?

16 days left guys....just 16 to go!

By the way for those who may be interested, Nintendo UK finally updated the game page for Fates: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Fire-Emblem-Fates-1026071.html

EDIT: It looks like eShop version will be exactly the same as the Japanese unlike NA, in other words, it will be just Fire Emblem Fates then you choose your path at chapter 6 and lock you out.

Edited by Ozzie

I'm going to avoid DLCs in my first runs, the grinding distracts from the story too much

Same here, it's like a black hole that sucks you in and doesn't let go until all your units are too overpowered.

That said, i'll probably just do Before Awakening and Marth and Lucina's hero battles because i really like the Lodestar/Great Lord classes.

Edited by BruceLee

Yeah, I think you want to experience the normal game first, then properly enjoy the DLC itself. Although putting Azura (?) through Lucina's class seems tempting thanks to that avoid skill (I think it's called Awakening or something like that), looks like a good skill for a dancer.

Hard to believe the wait will soon be over! I just preordered Conquest - kinda sad I can't get the Special Edition, but now I don't have to buy all routes at once and I won't make myself poor. It's better this way. (but man, if there will ever be a proper Fates art book, I wish it'll be released in English. I love art books and not getting the one that comes with the Special Edition hurts)

The first map pack doesn't have much that interests me, but the witch class looks very cool.

Hard to believe the wait will soon be over! I just preordered Conquest - kinda sad I can't get the Special Edition, but now I don't have to buy all routes at once and I won't make myself poor. It's better this way. (but man, if there will ever be a proper Fates art book, I wish it'll be released in English. I love art books and not getting the one that comes with the Special Edition hurts)

The first map pack doesn't have much that interests me, but the witch class looks very cool.

I already heard (read) someone say that they bought the SE but didn't care about the artbook. Maybe you can find someone who wants to sell you theirs