Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

Zelgius, you addin brah? (no need if you don't want to, just curious)

I kinda don't remember, but did the PAL version of Awakening have significant differences in their support dialogues compared to the U.S.? Either way will make me feel torn concerning Fates, as I really like some changes to the JP version (e.g. Rinkah/Jakob) and hate some (e.g. Saizo/Beruka)

The only instance I recall is the M!Robin/Anna support, where the US version had her sighing over Robin's quip while in the PAL, she outright wants to punch him. Not sure what prompted the change really.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I can imagine that, but they still do changes from the American English to the British English so it's not only a matter of adding languages.

Also, I don't want to see half Europe getting the game before the other half :P

I think that it the main point here XD

And then if the choice is adding additional languages vs not making English speaking Europe wait longer, it makes sense that they want to add more languages. But that doesn't make it less annoying for English speaking Europe.

Wow this discussion remained civil XD this derails so often

Looks like I'll get the Fates SE after all! I had preordered it from one local game shop back in December, but they don't have it listed on their site anymore and the whole thing seemed a bit suspicious to me... But today their customer service e-mailed me confirming that my order is still fine, they unlisted the SE simply because it sold out. Very happy I can get all routes on one cartridge! It'll cost a bit, but that just means I won't buy other games this year except for Zero Time Dilemma.

Now how can I possibly wait patiently for the 20th?

Edited by Carnation

It looks like people who ordered from Nintendo UK store are getting their pre-orders cancelled due to running out of stock. They are giving £5 vouchers to apologise and they are also offering a new bundle:

Birthright Physical

Conquest Digital

Revelation Digital

Free Home Menu Theme

T-Shirt

All for £69.99 or £64.99 if you use the £5 voucher.

I think that it the main point here XD

And then if the choice is adding additional languages vs not making English speaking Europe wait longer, it makes sense that they want to add more languages. But that doesn't make it less annoying for English speaking Europe.

Wow this discussion remained civil XD this derails so often

I always try to have a pacific discussion; trying to listen to the others opinions and replying with my thoughts as nice as I can ^^

It looks like people who ordered from Nintendo UK store are getting their pre-orders cancelled due to running out of stock. They are giving £5 vouchers to apologise and they are also offering a new bundle:

Birthright Physical

Conquest Digital

Revelation Digital

Free Home Menu Theme

T-Shirt

All for £69.99 or £64.99 if you use the £5 voucher.

I remember that something similar happened in the USA and now seems it's happening even here :/

I hope that my preorder still safe, even if I wouldn't mind to receive a T-shirt since it's actually really cool.

I've been on the internet and reading people complain about video games for the past ~16 years, so I can't really say that the complaining this time around has affected me in any way. After all, it never has before, so why let it start now? :P

To be honest, I'm not that big on FE stories anyway; it's more about the characters and gameplay that I'm interested in.

Yeah same, awakening's story wasn't very good either but it is still one of my favourite games, mostly because I really liked the characters.

I'm already pretty sure i'm going to enjoy Fates even more!

One way to get re-hyped (not that it's necessary) is to rewatch the trailers or watch the new trailers posted on Nintendo UK. Takes me back to 1.5 year ago when it was first unveiled and I was so stoked of the prospect of choosing between your birth family and your adopted family. A great feeling.

Has anyone received an email from GAME relating to the SE payments yet for anyone who ordered it at GAME UK?

GAME normally take the payment and send that e-mail regarding it on the Monday of the week the game comes out

Looks like review copies are out for several EU game reviews. To my surprise I see Gamereactor SWE already has review up and only one I know off, for now. The reviewer gave an 8/10 and he played both paths Bithright and Conquest. What I didn't like about the review he mainly wrote in broad general terms and rarely went into details, both on gameplay and story. I'll provide some points that I found interesting as I read the review:

• The reviewer hilariously mixed both versions up through out the review. He said Corrins blood related family is the Conquest version and siding with the adoptive family is the Birthright version. He also said Bithright is the harder version when it's Conquest.
  • Praised the gameplay for its variety, depth and length, there is also several praise for its presentation and My Castle.
  • He was very pleased with the challenge the game presented to him, especially Conquest.
  • His cons are "uninspired story", some of the characters were flat, the 3D effect was annoying and worthless along the Amiibo function.

Honestly this is a badly written review in my book and a rushed one in the way how he writes the review. He wrote far to broadly and loosely terms and the worst offender was to mix the both versions up. He did say he thinks the version work similar how Zelda Oracle games are not like the Pokemon games.

Gamereactor ENG have Final Impression and played about two hours of the game if anyone is interested reading that. Hopefully their review will be better written than the Swedish one and I'm interested what other EU reviewers have to say about Fates.

Edited by FoliFF

• His cons are "uninspired story", some of the characters were flat, the 3D effect was annoying and worthless along the Amiibo function.

I can't stand when a reviewer say things like these.

The 3D is a complete extra feature that doesn't have any connection with the main game, if you think its annoying just turn it off, same goes with the amiibos, if you think that they are worthless (which I think not since Fates has one of the best use of the amiibos ever), just don't use them, but do not complain about EXTRA features completely unrelated with the main game.

Also gg for confusing the two versions...

Anyway, Italians reviews have mainly rewarded the game for the new battle mechanics like the new, rng-free, pair up system and for how different the games are between them. They criticized instead the linearity of Birthright, the marriage system completely forced and some "tremendous" dialogues.

The scores were all between 8.5 and 9.5, so not bad at all.

I just looked at the official nintendo sites and it seems that the game is 12022 blocks, isn't that smaller than both the Japanese and US version?

Also, if anyone has added me as 3ds friend and I haven't added you back, let me know!

About the Swedish reviewer mixing the two games up...

The same Italian reviewer Acker mentioned said Nintendo gave them a week to play both Conquest and Birthright, if I got it right (I'm not sure if they meant a week to play a version or both). If it was the same for all the other EU reviewers then it'd be easy for them to confuse the games, although yeah, it's kinda inexcusable.

Anyway one thing I liked about that review is that they made it clear multiple times that it was absolutely not like Pokémon's various versions. Sometime around this week they'll write a review for Revelation too, and honestly I'm really curious about that one.

Just 12 days more! <3

I can't stand when a reviewer say things like these.

The 3D is a complete extra feature that doesn't have any connection with the main game, if you think its annoying just turn it off, same goes with the amiibos, if you think that they are worthless (which I think not since Fates has one of the best use of the amiibos ever), just don't use them, but do not complain about EXTRA features completely unrelated with the main game.

Also gg for confusing the two versions...

Anyway, Italians reviews have mainly rewarded the game for the new battle mechanics like the new, rng-free, pair up system and for how different the games are between them. They criticized instead the linearity of Birthright, the marriage system completely forced and some "tremendous" dialogues.

The scores were all between 8.5 and 9.5, so not bad at all.

From my understanding from his arguments of those extra features why they are worthless is to reach those consumers that are interested in amiibos and the 3D gimmicks and saying while they are here but not worth you time. Interesting there're Italian reviews up too?

As for the scores I see it will be very similar how NA reviews scores for fates so far. Mainly in the 8-9/10 range

Gamereactor has always been bad in my opinion I really don't like them

For me I feel they are inconsistent in their news and review department. There are a couple that write good fair reviews but sadly they are few and far between from the rest. Can't be helped when it comes to Nintendo Gamereactor is slow and handles the news coverage very badly compared to M$, PS and PC...

Edited by FoliFF

Waiting even a single day more than our ludicrously late release date would honestly traumatise me at this point. For your sakes, I hope you have more patience than me.

Hopefully, I'll be "grinded out" once my exams show up.

I'll be taking my Dutch residency exams on June 17th, so I'm kind of planning on speeding through as much as I can before June 10th so that I can devote the last week to studying. >_>

I'll be taking my Dutch residency exams on June 17th, so I'm kind of planning on speeding through as much as I can before June 10th so that I can devote the last week to studying. >_>

Yeah, I'm planning on setting up my new 3ds, transferring my data and playing till chapter 7-ish so that I can post my new 3ds friend code and my castle address here.

Zelgius, you addin brah? (no need if you don't want to, just curious)

I kinda don't remember, but did the PAL version of Awakening have significant differences in their support dialogues compared to the U.S.? Either way will make me feel torn concerning Fates, as I really like some changes to the JP version (e.g. Rinkah/Jakob) and hate some (e.g. Saizo/Beruka)

That's alright, recently I have been focusing on an exam I had today which meant I wasn't paying too much attention to other things. I'll go back to where I think I got to last time and start adding codes from then.