Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nothing on my end, the game is still claiming that Revelations doesn't exist and that I should consult the Nintendo site for my country (which said it should exist today). With Japan getting up earlier than us I would expect the game to either be up early, or in the morning if it's done in Europe but apparently nop...

Edited by Arkayjiya

Well, it all depend about when Nintendo want to update its store. If it is not 2pm then it is 3pm... So now, we have to wait 1hours more... So long...

Why can't they just have it ready as soon as the date changes? Why is that so hard to do?

Damn you, Nintendo. Damn you for making us wait.

At least give us a time when you plan on releasing it. June 9th doesn't quite cut it, now does it?

Edited by DragonFlames

I preordered Revelation at the same time I preordered Birthright. Revelation is out today, yet Game UK have not emailed me the download code at all. I have been waiting all day and still nothing. It looks like Nintendo are not the only company making people wait for ages. Here is hoping I get the code by tonight. I have tweeted Game just in case I do not receive the code.

Edited by phoenixmiko

Chapter 25, enemies level begin to be high, I have to restart because Scarlet failed to kill the Bow Knight. The second run was nice, Hana was back to her Trueblade class (finished to have the Priestess' skills I wanted), and against Iago, I let her kill him and have the Hagakure Blade. But the action was fun. Iago was like "Look at that, Maku(MU) let others do his job". Too bad, you face his wife. "Prepare yourself !". Great response !

Have downloaded Revelation too. I'll finish Birthright and I'll go on it directly !

Edit : Ah, and Elise in her villager outfit is cute !

Edit2 : And the chapter 26's ending... I haved tears in my eyes. Snif...

Edited by Ledrert

Game UK finally sent me the download code for Revelation at 10 am today. Wow, how poor is that? Game usually are good with getting preorders to customers on time but only physical copies, it seems. They did great with Birthright and dispatched it early which resulted in me getting the game a day before release. Brilliant. But with the digital only Revelation, they sent it to me a day late. Ridiculous.

Do Game UK do this with all of their digital releases? I have never bought anything digital or any DLC from them before now so I am wondering.

Has anyone else got their Revelations code today instead of yesterday, which was the day of its release? Has Nintendo also given codes late to people?

Edited by phoenixmiko

For my first Lunatic play, I took Revelation... Why the bosses are already advanced class while you are still low level?...

And... just for the Chapter 5, it took me 90turn. (PS: Just for lvl up Azura until lvl13). In average, it takes me 30-40turn to complete a chapter... It is so hard... XD

But I'm happy, like that, I can play slowly and make strategies instead of power destroy everything in Normal mode.

I am finally able to download Revelation. The Eshop must have had a lot of people accessing it because I kept getting an error every time I logged in. Waiting a couple of hours seems to have done the trick. Perhaps people got their codes today too and were all logging in to download the game? Anyway, I cannot wait to start playing Revelation. I will finish Birthright first before moving on to chapter 6 in the third path.

I am not gonna lie, the story is so bad for me, that it really gets on my nerves. Awakening was really dull and bad at times, but at least I only had to tolerate it once for its duration. Having to see three bad stories in a row is quite aggravating. It was definitely rushed, is asinine in so many ways (sometimes solely for gameplay purposes) and generally feels lackluster as already mentioned in a previous post of mine. I can't see anyone appreciate it besides them not having seen good writing beforehand.

Even the Gameplay starts to clearly show its weaknesses, now that I'm halfway through the Revelation portion. Recycled maps (so many, it's kinda sad that it leaves an aftertaste of laziness) in all three routes, bland route the enemy/seize maps with stupid reinforcements out of nowhere or as spam just to kill that one unlucky unit from a classic player (imagine them like in Awakening, where they immediately act, rofl; that would be atrocious) and the maps that put a gimmick into it that are really useless. Let's also not forget the unbelievably retarded statbalance between all the units, especially in Revelation; who the hell thought they were fine? Odin is one if not the worst offender in Revelations: I cry when he arrives, announcing himself all high and mighty and I then glance at his actual capabilities..... what.... the..... fuck...... Also hate his level for being part of a 2-in-a-row chapter where you can't save, and you lose that one stupid unit, who starts off as entirely useless to the cause, just because my Kaze decided to miss his 95% strike.

But yeah, back to stats. Ryoma.... is just ..., the game is soooo easy if you just abuse the strongest units and never bother with the decent and mediocre ones. Since that would be incredibly dull for me, and Casual/Phoenix are a joke (my grinding on Phoenix to get all the abilities shows how bad I play if enabled) I am forced to work with this bad balance and the resets due to obnoxious lack of luck or trial & error. As if they never wanted .... lets say... Rinkah to be used by anyone or just as a support bot.

With that said, I have a lot of fun with the game (better gameplay than awakening), but if they don't bother with a better storytelling/worldbuilding outside of a selected few, but well-written, supports then they shouldn't bother with those seperate routes, imo. I don't regret getting the game one bit, but it could be so much better; it's quite fascinating to me.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Odin is one if not the worst offender in Revelations: I cry when he arrives, announcing himself all high and mighty and I then glance at his actual capabilities..... what.... the..... fuck...... Also hate his level for being part of a 2-in-a-row chapter where you can't save, and you lose that one stupid unit, who starts off as entirely useless to the cause, just because my Kaze decided to miss his 95% strike.

Yeah, his stat are average,.. But lot of people reclass him directly in Samouraï. I did it too, and then, his stats are correct. And his first level he get was pretty good.

The chapter 17 is complicated because we can't save, yes. That's why you need to be more careful. (And I was close to reset too, when Hana take really bad with the balistia, but hopefully, she dodge a 62% hit from the enemy general. Fiouf !) In the start, after the enemy renforcement, when Leo and Xander comes, I've made a wall with Hinoka (with Guard Naginata), Silas, Xander, Leo and Selena. In that way, the frails units can be safe.

i don't know if it works in Hard, but that was my tactic.

I've seen soemone with a great Rinkah... somewhere in serenes.

So I finished my lunatic run of Revelations and it was quite fun, definitely not the most difficult FE game I've played but still quite fun. I can see myself doing another run of Conquest in the future but for now that I've finished Revelations I'm gonna mess around with the DLC. The other DLC that came out on Thursday included the Dread Fighter and Dark Flier classes (I think), so I'll check that out.

I agree with some of the points Monkey made, I was a little disappointed that they would throw in old maps with the new game. Especially the wind village map, I have a particular disdain for that map. As well as the unit imbalance... I mean, the late game turns into Xander and Ryoma: The Movie.

In regards to chapter 17, I had my team head down the west side of the map while Xander handled the east side. Not being able to save was a bit odd in that it came out of nowhere, it wasn't like Endgame or anything, it was just another map.

And also, have you guys had much thought for new pairings for Revelations? With the new options available I held off on marrying any of the characters together. I hear that if you don't marry a 2nd gen or avatar-marriage only person you miss out on a child. There are some children I'm not interested in but I don't want to potentially miss out on something good later on, especially if an Apotheosis style map comes out. To be honest I was thinking it might be fun to marry Anna when she comes out!

I think the story is better than the story from awakening, but I agree with the rushed feel.

and yes with the new RNG (which misses 99% hit attacks) the gameplay did get a lot more random >< the new pairup is much better, no more enemy reinforcements that kill you as soon as they appear.

I think in general the characters also got better, especially for birthright (why is everyone in Nohr crazy?). Some of the parent-child supports are also really good, but that's always the fixed-parent-child supports the variable-parent child supports are incredibly generic (Velouria-Camilla supports: *hug**hug* leave and be safe *hug**hug**hug**hug*)

and yes unbalanced teams, grinding helps a bit, but it is so hard to level dark mages >< if only they would ever hit something...

(I finished birthright and am playing conquest right now, haven't had the time for revelations yet)

• 2 weeks later...

Finished at last paralogues in Revelation. Rinkah!Asugi was a Berserker Killer with 8 criticals on 10 attacks on Mitama paralogues.

Now, I don't know what I'll do with my unpaired characters (Orochi, Kaden, Jakob, Benny, Elise)... Did I pair Orochi/Kaden and Benny/Elise to have their children ? What do you think ? My pairings are all about chemistry, except Leo (who married Beruka for making him a Malig Knight).