Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

On GAME website, it seems they have updated the box art for Birthright but not for Conquest. Looks like they are updating it slowly and SE might come up soon or they just simply don't like Conquest. Either way, the way Nintendo is handling this is rather unprofessional and pathetic. (I am just desperate, haven't had a decent sleep for these past 2-3 day)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On GAME website, it seems they have updated the box art for Birthright but not for Conquest. Looks like they are updating it slowly and SE might come up soon or they just simply don't like Conquest. Either way, the way Nintendo is handling this is rather unprofessional and pathetic. (I am just desperate, haven't had a decent sleep for these past 2-3 day)

I notice that too. I tweeted them asking about it and they told me they have no news of when they will have it up yet, but they did say they will send out tweets about it when it is online. So the fact they said they will let people know when it is online shows they know they are getting the bundle, but just don't know when.

So does anyone actually know the reason behind the much later release date for us European/Australian's? This has probably already been brought up earlier in the topic but I'm curious to hear opinions. Do you think we will receive less censorship at all?

Is it safe to assume there will be a language select and I can play in English despite it being shipped from Germany?

Awakening by default set its language to whatever your systems language is if I remember correctly. So as long as your 3DS is set to English it should be English.

Thanks for the computeruniverse link! I posted it on /r/fireemblem as well to share the love.

(I am just desperate, haven't had a decent sleep for these past 2-3 day)

I feel your pain. I've had anxiety about the release/SE since the Nintendo Direct was announced last week, though I'm slowly getting back to normal now that I know my order is secure.

So does anyone actually know the reason behind the much later release date for us European/Australian's? This has probably already been brought up earlier in the topic but I'm curious to hear opinions. Do you think we will receive less censorship at all?

NoE does their own translations and stuff separate from NoA. This also explains why there are some translation/localization differences between the versions for various games.

NoE does their own translations and stuff separate from NoA. This also explains why there are some translation/localization differences between the versions for various games.

My only wish is that they don't tone down Niles, I love his character <3

I heard rumours that we will get the full skinship like the JP since apperantly there are voices for every instance like the JP ver. Still it's just a baseless rumour since I haven't seen any source to this claim. Normally EU is just getting NA copy with just minimal alternations. However, who knows we might at least getting the swimsuits?

Well in general EU is far more lax to showing female skin like JP compared to NA. Sees all those games rated PEGI 12 or 16 in EU but rated M in NA just because of this reason.

Edited by FoliFF

I spoke to a person in my local GAME (UK) today to grill them for information.

They basically confirmed that it whilst they were aware of the Special Edition from the Direct; there was no means at this point to order it as there was no confimation of stock from NoE. I'm assuming the same is affecting amazon et al. They apologised and said if I didn't want to just order birthright/conquest, then I should simply subscribe to the tweets or something and await a change.

Not especially helpful, but thought I'd let others know of this at least.

Edited by eharper256

I spoke to a person in my local GAME (UK) today to grill them for information.

They basically confirmed that it whilst they were aware of the Special Edition from the Direct; there was no means at this point to order it as there was no confimation of stock from NoE. I'm assuming the same is affecting amazon et al. They apologised and said if I didn't want to just order birthright/conquest, then I should simply subscribe to the tweets or something and await a change.

Not especially helpful, but thought I'd let others know of this at least.

This confirms how badly this whole SE thing is handled by Nintendo.

It really is disappointing. They could have handled the situation so much better. Instead, it's now been several days since the public announcement (not to mention the months, etc. that the localization/distribution process has been in progress), and stores and fans alike are both left in the dark.

Nothing really changes with NoE.

However that's the first time I care about a SE. I never buy collector, stuff like that cause I don't care artbook and so on.

I wouldn't have imagined that simply getting the game, the full game on a cartridge would be such a pain.

2016 : get a release date one year after Japan and have to fight to get a physical game....

Concerning pre orders still nothing at all in France.

Have faith everyone :)

Apparently Game Mania has approached customers today. People who have placed a pre order for the regular version first, working their way down the list. There are very few SE per shop available, around 3 per shop. Haven't heard anything today so I am out of luck. The Belgian website has got the information about it.

Edit:http://www.gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=33130

Edited by imrail

So glad I didn't bother waiting for them. Offering the SE to people who pre-ordered the regular version is... not something I agree with at all. I specifically did not pre-order the regular version because I knew I wanted the SE. This kind of behaviour will only encourage future customers to pre-order product they don't want to get a first shot at getting something else, which is just stupid. Argleblargle. Much happier to give my money to Nedgame.

Apparently Game Mania has approached customers today. People who have placed a pre order for the regular version first, working their way down the list. There are very few SE per shop available, around 3 per shop. Haven't heard anything today so I am out of luck. The Belgian website has got the information about it.

Edit:http://www.gamemania.be/Default.aspx?tabid=87&gmgame=33130

Wow, I'm feeling very lucky then with my pre-order.

And while I do think that nintendo should have contacted all the stores beforehand I would like it for every store to know how much they can sell and it not end up like the US where quite some pre-orders got cancelled. Still, I'm one of the lucky ones since I don't have to wait anymore but I also understand everyones frustration.

So glad I didn't bother waiting for them. Offering the SE to people who pre-ordered the regular version is... not something I agree with at all. I specifically did not pre-order the regular version because I knew I wanted the SE. This kind of behaviour will only encourage future customers to pre-order product they don't want to get a first shot at getting something else, which is just stupid. Argleblargle. Much happier to give my money to Nedgame.

I agree, I disliked their way of handeling it too and also waited because I wanted the SE, I even considered traveling about 2 hours to get it from them but after I read that I didn't bother anymore.

Edited by ZeroKamui