Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

I think they might have know how many they were going to get but still sold too much. The same thing happened in the US with gamestop (and also Amazon, I think)

But I'm sorry for you that that happenend, when you preorder something you should be able to get it, I know the feeling.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could retail stores that have more experience with Nintendo and limited edition in general probably know they usually only get 100 copies period and they bet they will only get that number of copies so the throw out the pre-orders before the 100% clearance. At least that what's seem to me from those that threw out pre-orders ahead of time from the likes of amazon and similar. And I think the stores themselves thought Nintendo will restock since it's such a high demand on it. But alas that seems not being the case for FE: Fates

Screw it, I placed an order on the Saturn website, since they are accepting orders once again. Unbelievable that it's still no different from a week ago on amazon and co. If Saturn tells me they don't have a copy on release day (I don't trust their judgement on how much they can provide), I'll just skip the game, too much nuisance and Nintendo obviously doesn't care, so whatever.

Screw it, I placed an order on the Saturn website, since they are accepting orders once again. Unbelievable that it's still no different from a week ago on amazon and co. If Saturn tells me they don't have a copy on release day (I don't trust their judgement on how much they can provide), I'll just skip the game, too much nuisance and Nintendo obviously doesn't care, so whatever.

I really hope they get their stuff sorted soon and that you (and everyone else on this forum who's till waiting for nintendo to get its shit together) manage to get the SE

And they are gone again on Saturn. *thumbs up* I'm guessing my order will be as effective as not ordering at all, but whatever, at least Saturn put more effort into offering than Nintendo. If for some inexplicable reason I get an order in on amazon I'll definitely sell the second copy on par at its buying price to someone in need, screw the scalpers.

How do people put up with nonsense like this, if they actually care more frequently about collector's editions, rare amiibos or other limited stuff?

EDIT: And now back up again..... ha, not sure if they know what they are offering, oh well. Won't last long, I guess...

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Amazon have started advertising the Special Edition, can't pre-order it yet, but maybe we'll be able to soon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-3DS-Fire-Emblem-Fates/dp/B01AK3VGS6/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1457819815&sr=1-3&keywords=fire+emblem+fates+special+edition

Now let the F5 spamming begin! Probably on Monday morning. 1318948870531.gif

Until Nintendo stops being partially weird and incompetent, so.... in a month?

Pretty sure that's going to take more than a month considering they seem to have just discovered what the internet is.

Edited by Thane

It could be worse, we could go back to having no release date. At least we have one now.

But yeah, Nintendo really could've handled this so much better, what was wrong with keeping us in the dark a little bit longer until they have all the details? They were so good at it before.

i sent an email to coolshop which is either a Swedish og danish company and they said they were sold out, but they never had it up on their site, which is weird. although they did have it up when the american pre order was up.

The whole situation is such a clusterfuck. I'm happy I have my own pre-order taken care, but I feel so bad for all the other Europeans out there still waiting. I know what I went through those first few days before I was able to get mine on Nedgame; I wouldn't wish that on anyone, let alone for a couple weeks or longer.

The whole situation is such a clusterfuck. I'm happy I have my own pre-order taken care, but I feel so bad for all the other Europeans out there still waiting. I know what I went through those first few days before I was able to get mine on Nedgame; I wouldn't wish that on anyone, let alone for a couple weeks or longer.

Yeah same here, i got the pre order but still feel bad for the others. We got lucky i guess that our country did good by European standards.

I emailed GameStop again. The only update we have gotten with Fates is that they now have the release date listed.

Also can I just say, they are advertising it as 69.99 euro. That's insane for the normal game. I thought that that would be the price of the SE.

Meanwhile, amazon.de has listed Birthright for the price of 49,99 Euros now, while Conquest is at 39,99..... I don't get it.

The aforementioned 69,99 from Gamestop makes no sense as well, neither for Conquest/Birthright, nor the Special Edition. Nothing makes sense...

I might brought some good news for you that have yet to snatch a SE. I found out that this online store cdon.com is offering Fates SE. This is a Nordic shop so they probably only ship within the Nordic countries (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland). Also take note that pre-oders are not up. However, you can monitor the product and when they open the pre-orders they'll send a email to you. Link for the swedish website. Fear not however I did find a EU version so the option of international shipping of SE should be possible. However, the catch here while you can see the product in the search box you can't neither pre-order or monitor SE. Same story applies for regular Conquest and Birthright for some strange reason. Link to the EU ver of the site.

edit: I read somewhere that even the Swedish website should allow shipping to some EU countries outside of the Nordic countries but don't take my word on this since I have yet to confirm it for myself.

edit 2: Outside of the Nordic countries cdon.eu ships to following countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and United Kingdom: www.cdon.eu, however you have to be the citizen to one of these countries or they will not accept your order.

Edited by FoliFF

Has there been any news for the Australian SE? I thought EB Games would have had something up by now, but there's nothing....I just hope it's not $200 like the placeholder price said it would be. That's such a rip off

Edited by tiia

Has there been any news for the Australian SE? I thought EB Games would have had something up by now, but there's nothing....I just hope it's not $200 like the placeholder price said it would be. That's such a rip off

EB has completely stopped preorders for the Special Edition as they have sold out, but they told me that on release they will have a few extra available. SE is going for a retail price of $130 AUD. If you have put a preorder of $50 on a standard copy of the game it's likely that you have been upgraded to the SE (luckily, that's what happened to me). My friend managed to snag a SE preorder at JB HI FI, but that was a few days after the date announcement so I'm not sure how many copies they might have left now. Also, if you're considering buying the 3DS I'd suggest preordering sooner rather than later because they're selling like hotcakes.

Edited by Mox

The 3DS doesn't seem to be is such low supply, nedgame still has it.

Probably because many already owns a 3DS and doesn't feel like to upgrading. There is also the fact that it doesn't come with any games on it which devalues its appeal. I got my 3DS XL limited edition with Awakening for this very reason that it came with the game. Also the fact since I already own a 3DS I have no reason to upgrade to N3DS. While I really like the colour scheme and theme of it but I'm not throwing 200 euros for a machine while I still have one working perfectly fine.