Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

£90? holy crap that's overpriced. For reference that translates to €113.90!

It is indeed. But, they do have the regular Birthright and Conquest games listed at £60, so I am hoping that is just what they are charging for it. Since GAME and Amazon have the games listed at £35 (Conquest is £40 on Amazon for some reason), I'm hoping they will have the SE around £70-£80

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAMESTOP UK NOW HAVE THE SE AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER!!

It is £90 but they do not take payment until it is dispatched, so if somewhere else, like Amazon or GAME, put it up cheaper, cancel the one on Gamestop if you can get it on one of those sites

EDIT: The pre-order button has now been removed so I think they may have sold out, or the site are having issues.It did show it as available to pre-order earlier in the day but the button soon disappeared, so they may be having issues.

Edited by Hudder368

Welp, the SE is out of stock in Game Stop, and even though I pre-ordered, I got an e-mail saying my pre-order had to be cancelled. Needless to say, the salt is real.

Amazon better get stocked soon and better be cheaper.

Welp, the SE is out of stock in Game Stop, and even though I pre-ordered, I got an e-mail saying my pre-order had to be cancelled. Needless to say, the salt is real.

Amazon better get stocked soon and better be cheaper.

That really does suck :( How long after you pre-ordered did you get the e-mail saying it had been cancelled? I've not had one yet so just wonder if mine has been or not..

That really does suck :( How long after you pre-ordered did you get the e-mail saying it had been cancelled? I've not had one yet so just wonder if mine has been or not..

I pre-ordered about 10-15 mins before pre-orders went out of stock. Must of been a delay on site for marking them OOS.

Edited by Azz

Ur mer gerd! They restocked, and so soon! WTF!

It's too late for me now since my parents are asleep, but come tomorrow morning I am down to the bank to transfer 120 euro to my parents account so I can get that game!

Oh and look at that, out of stock, again. It's fucking 2 a.m.!

EDIT: Also, prices for normal Conquest and Birthright have dropped from 69.99 to 54.99.

Edited by Azz

I know Gamestop Ireland are getting a lot of hate for their pricing already so there may be a chance that they'll scale it down to something more reasonable. I know the Bravely Second Collector's Edition was priced down from €110 to €90 at one point during preorders.

I was abroad when the Gamestop.ie preorders went up so I was pure gutted :/ Managed to get a hold of one of the restocks the next morning however so hopefully it'll process properly!! I don't fancy paying €120 for the lot though so I might just cancel it if I manage to secure a copy on Amazon.

*EDIT: Smyths currently have Conquest and Birthright available for preorder at €45 which is probably the best option for those looking to go digital for the other routes. It'd be worth keeping an eye out on Argos too.

Edited by Mathilde

GameStop seem to have a lot of pre-orders available. They have been going OOS but also have been restocking every so often. It looks like they are out now, but eh. I might as well just wait for Amazon or see if Smyths might have it (I doubt they will since they are more toy shop then video game shop).

I might just cave and go digital. Cause TBH, I don't want the extras, I just want the game on one cartridge (It would be nice to get the extras though).

Ever since GAME closed down in Ireland I'm pretty sure Gamestop is the only 'real' video game provider here now :/ They seem to have taken full advantage of that fact however and have chosen to monopolize the market completely since there's no competition. It'd be worth giving Smyths Ireland a ring or just tweet to them on Twitter as they respond quickly enough.

I really just want the all the routes on one cartridge but the extras are nice too but I really can't justify €120 for the lot! The artbook and poster are nice and all but the steelbook is kind of redundant. My American friend told me that the artbook is nothing like the Knight of Iris artbook for Awakening and mostly consists of just screenshots from animated scenes in Fates/Pictures of the Amie models so I'm not sure.

Ever since GAME closed down in Ireland I'm pretty sure Gamestop is the only 'real' video game provider here now :/ They seem to have taken full advantage of that fact however and have chosen to monopolize the market completely since there's no competition. It'd be worth giving Smyths Ireland a ring or just tweet to them on Twitter as they respond quickly enough.

I really just want the all the routes on one cartridge but the extras are nice too but I really can't justify €120 for the lot! The artbook and poster are nice and all but the steelbook is kind of redundant. My American friend told me that the artbook is nothing like the Knight of Iris artbook for Awakening and mostly consists of just screenshots from animated scenes in Fates/Pictures of the Amie models so I'm not sure.

Yeah, it really sucks. I wish GAME didn't shut down over here. And even though XtraVision was never very reliable with Nintendo stuff, I would even give them a shot, but they also went bust and are closed down too.

I wouldn't mind, but normally GameStop have better deals. Like they had a PS4 with the Nathan Drake Collection, God of War and The Last of Us Remastered all for 400 euro which is really good. But selling 3DS for 69.99 (Though they are 54.99 now) and a 3DS LE for 120 is ridiculous!

Trying to buy games in Ireland is generally suffering though. Like we're literally given no option but Gamestop and they seem hellbent on fucking over their customers who mainly follow Nintendo. Like sure they're decent enough when it comes to PC/PS4/XBOX but man...

My local Gamestop had Amiibos selling for €22 around the time they first came out like :/

Trying to buy games in Ireland is generally suffering though. Like we're literally given no option but Gamestop and they seem hellbent on fucking over their customers who mainly follow Nintendo. Like sure they're decent enough when it comes to PC/PS4/XBOX but man...

My local Gamestop had Amiibos selling for €22 around the time they first came out like :/

That's insane.

GameStop is very shitty. I just hope Amazon pull through or maybe if GAME in Belfast deliver. I would go to Belfast myself, but I am at the opposite end of the country.

#IrishLife

Edited by Azz

Heh I just realized that my SE copy I have to pay 110€. Well fuck that's because of our currency is way weaker than both the USD and Euro. Damn you economy!

Still might as well pay for that sum since if I bought it elsewhere the shipping cost would get me close to that price range and I'll have to wait a full week before it comes into my mailbox. It's just easier just go to the store and bring it home on release.

Is GAME really that much better from Gamestop? My experience with both, before GAME got shut down that is, was they were the same shit, different name. Honestly the only thing I liked about the game and gamestop was the employees, since they were gamers themselves and knew what they were talking about.

Edited by FoliFF

Put it this way.

GAME is selling the normal games for £34.99 which is about 44.28 euro.

GameStop is selling the normal games for 54.99 euro, about £43.44.

So yeah, GAME is way better.

Funny for me they shared the prices with each other, that's why I really disliked about them. Selling overpriced games.

Still I guess when you only have those two stores to choose from, disregarding amazon, there isn't much choice I guess.

Is GameStop and Amazon the only available retailers? What about electronic stores or even toy stores? I dunno, like Media Markt and Toys' R'Us? I hate buying at game stores because hot damn are the prices inflated.

Is GameStop and Amazon the only available retailers? What about electronic stores or even toy stores? I dunno, like Media Markt and Toys' R'Us? I hate buying at game stores because hot damn are the prices inflated.

Over in Ireland GameStop is the only video game store. We do have Smyths and Ken Blacks (Which are the same thing just different names), but they are mainly toy stores and rarely sell SEs. We also have Argos, but they are like more of a general store selling furniture garden supplies, jewelery etc. They do video games but they tend to be limited. Then there is Tesco, which is basically our Target but not as good. And that;s about it.

The ROI don't have Toys'R'Us and we never had and I never even heard of Media Market.

Buying video games here is hell and even then, trying to get them at decent prices (Especially for 3DS games) is also a living hell.