Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

Over in Ireland GameStop is the only video game store. We do have Smyths and Ken Blacks (Which are the same thing just different names), but they are mainly toy stores and rarely sell SEs. We also have Argos, but they are like more of a general store selling furniture garden supplies, jewelery etc. They do video games but they tend to be limited. Then there is Tesco, which is basically our Target but not as good. And that;s about it.

The ROI don't have Toys'R'Us and we never had and I never even heard of Media Market.

Buying video games here is hell and even then, trying to get them at decent prices (Especially for 3DS games) is also a living hell.

Jesus, I thought we Swedes had it difficult since nobody really likes Nintendo over here but at least we have a bunch of electronic stores and online game stores that buy in limited editions because why not. If I had to go to GameStop for every game purchase, I would probably be broke by now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fates SE is now available at GAME! Price is £70. This was posted about an hour ago on reddit, but it's still available as of the time of this posting. [link]

Edited by Kirie

OK, so all this news on the special edition aside, does anyone know whether they'll be using the japanese or american script as material for translation? And honestly, what's the deal with the american version's script (asking as I have not been keeping up on this and I am worried from what I heard)?

And I apologise if this causes a shitstorm, I still need to be sure what I might be getting into.

Going by how the previous Fire Emblem titles that EU got is pretty much the same as the NA version with exception it's British English instead of American and if a cloth covering your ass it's gets removed for EU and some dialog tweaks like the famous "boingy bits" that didn't get past the radar. On other hand some other shit gets past the radar instead. TL;DR it's the same with minor tweaks.

I think some are more concerned about My Room stuff since there is a rumour going around EU will be the same as JP, personally it's very unlikely but colour me surprised if it were the case. And then there is the deal with swimsuits and other stuff mainly fanservice stuff that don't get past the radar.

Do people from the UK cancel their order on amazon.de because it became available in the UK? The game sporadically becomes available on amazon.de today, and I actually could grab one copy. Having both Saturn and amazon makes me feel way more comfortable that I will get it when it comes out. Finally, the end of the tunnel has been reached! (Nintendo still failed, though; and amazon.co.uk, will that ever happen?)

Now to make sure my second copy gets to someone less lucky than me and not a scalper.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Do people from the UK cancel their order on amazon.de because it became available in the UK? The game sporadically becomes available on amazon.de today, and I actually could grab one copy. Having both Saturn and amazon makes me feel way more comfortable that I will get it when it comes out. Finally, the end of the tunnel has been reached! (Nintendo still failed, though; and amazon.co.uk, will that ever happen?)

Now to make sure my second copy gets to someone less lucky than me and not a scalper.

I can say for sure I cancelled my order on Amazon.de because it was available in the UK. And if I did it, I bet there are others who did the same.

I didn't pre-order from amazon.de but I did from Gamestop.co.uk, and I cancelled my pre-order from there as soon as I had a copy pre-ordered from GAME

Makes sense, well I thank you people for giving me and others (hopefully, not THOSE people...(EDIT: lol, 250 pounds on amazon.co.uk from one private seller..... yeah, that kind of guy)) the opportunity to get it. :awesome:

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

Game must have had one helluva supply of FEF SE because that almost lasted 10-12 hours didn't it? I was very surprised that it didn't all get snapped up in the few hours after people woke up for work!! Personally I was checking every morning and in today's case... I managed to pre-order around 10:30am.. Little did I know having checked all the info online that Game listed it in the silly am hours!! Now we know that can happen, I'll be ready to check next time for silly o'clocks for future exclusives.

Of course... Now it's not even listed on their website anymore... But since Amazon.de and Gamestop.it restocked preorders (though sold out again), hopefully it's going to be the same for the UK for the people that missed out.

Edited by Fillion

Gah, it went unavailable the moment I finished work. I knew this was going to happen. I just hope Nintendo UK Store opens up their pre-orders at a time reasonable for me (and anyone else who missed GAME's pre-orders). I guess it couldn't hurt to ring up my local GAME branch now and then, too

so does that mean amazon.uk will not get it

I hope they do. I missed the GAME pre-orders since I was out all day. Dammit.

Looking like Amazon.co.uk won't be getting the SE at all. In the UK it'll just be available from GAME stores/website and the Nintendo UK online store.