Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

While I'm burnt out of the Awakening main game itself (my last run was to make a defensive unit named Callum, after the Begnion Sword General, but I got to halfway through Walhart arc and lost interest), I thought some of the now discounted DLC is quite fun. I bought the challenge pack and enjoyed the maps, especially since they have maxed out enemy units that can threat an endgame team a little. I don't think you'll get much replay value out of them but the Whitewing sisters are cool. I don't think there's anymore DLC that interests me in Awakening that I don't have now.

In regards to Fates, I guess there's still a little wait left (over a month?). The only Fates-related thing I've been trying to do lately is find out what Corrin as a General looks like without running into spoilers.

Edited by General Zelgius

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started a PoR run yesterday. Think i can do it in 39 days? ;)

You can do it. :3 Meanwhile on my end ... Uni is demolishing me. It's a shame Fates comes out right at the high point at the end of semester. If my luck is terrible, I will only be able to properly sit down and play it a month after release due to exams. If it's good then it will be roughly half that time.

You can do it. :3 Meanwhile on my end ... Uni is demolishing me. It's a shame Fates comes out right at the high point at the end of semester. If my luck is terrible, I will only be able to properly sit down and play it a month after release due to exams. If it's good then it will be roughly half that time.

You have so much self control. For me it comes out at the sweet point between two weeks of heavy, heavy assignments that will determine the brunt of my grade, and yet I'm still thinking that I'm going to play the shit out of it anyway. At least I don't have final exams; my degree involves a hell of a lot of essays and presentations instead, but did it really have to be May? The busiest time in the semester?

Either way I'm glad it's finally coming.

I'm still slowly working my way through a PMU replay of FE6. Just finished spending all of my money on Boots in the last secret shop and about to pick up the last legendary weapon. A friend and I are currently having Friday Night Gaiden drinking sessions while playing through Gaiden together. I also bought a bunch of Awakening DLC during the sale, so I might do some post-game shit with that since I never really have before, but I'm also kind of worried about burning out before Fates so I might just take a break, too.

For me, Fates also comes out at kind of an awkward time. I'll be able to cram in as much as humanly possible over the weekend and the next few days, but on May 25th, I'm flying off on a holiday to the US to visit family. So I'll have Fates for the plane if I can't sleep, but otherwise I'll probably be busy with family/holiday stuff for the next 2 weeks which will slow me down. That said, I'm still glad that it comes out before I leave... for a while I was terrified it would come out while I was in the US which would have just been awkward and awful.

That really is a shame. Stay strong!

Fate is cruel D;

I think i've made that joke before...

I'm still slowly working my way through a PMU replay of FE6. Just finished spending all of my money on Boots in the last secret shop and about to pick up the last legendary weapon. A friend and I are currently having Friday Night Gaiden drinking sessions while playing through Gaiden together. I also bought a bunch of Awakening DLC during the sale, so I might do some post-game shit with that since I never really have before, but I'm also kind of worried about burning out before Fates so I might just take a break, too.

For me, Fates also comes out at kind of an awkward time. I'll be able to cram in as much as humanly possible over the weekend and the next few days, but on May 25th, I'm flying off on a holiday to the US to visit family. So I'll have Fates for the plane if I can't sleep, but otherwise I'll probably be busy with family/holiday stuff for the next 2 weeks which will slow me down. That said, I'm still glad that it comes out before I leave... for a while I was terrified it would come out while I was in the US which would have just been awkward and awful.

I'm also worried about getting burned out actually. Maybe i shouldn't do RD.

I have to start writing my master thesis the week fates is released T_T

And I'll be writing at home most of the time

Edited by BrandedRogue

Apparently you get this as a preorder bonus from EB. I think that I remember somebody posting this for you Europeans earlier but honestly I can't remember.

12966127_761789753921056_1918734639_n.pn

Also stay strong all you uni peoples that have to write assignments or do exams during the release!!!! I can feel your pain!!!!!

Edited by Mox

Apparently you get this as a preorder bonus from EB. I think that I remember somebody posting this for you Europeans earlier but honestly I can't remember.

that was for the amazon UK pre-orders. I really hope we all get such a code. I love that theme, but I refuse to pay for any theme ><

that was for the amazon UK pre-orders. I really hope we all get such a code. I love that theme, but I refuse to pay for any theme ><

Yeah, looks like us Aussie's get it too. I'm going to pay for the Nohr theme but only because I think that it looks gorgeous.

People concerned about burning out on FE could try Bravely Second. I got it for decent price on Amazon and enjoyed it, I played around 50 hours or so.

It doesn't have that repetition that bravely default had? I like the first game, but really did not like the repeats over and over again ><

I'm playing through Bravely Second right now as well, though I haven't gotten super far in it yet. So far it's been a lot of fun, and it seems to take itself less seriously than the first.

I think it's good. There are lots of nice and lighthearted and the sidequests are incredibly silly. The main plot, so far anyway, is certainly serious and there have already been twists and foreshadowing and lots of fun stuff, but there are also a lot of comedic elements interspersed so it doesn't get too bogged down in its itself.

To me, one of Bravely Default's biggest strengths is that it was a JRPG that knew it was a JRPG and it wasn't afraid to toy with that formula. Bravely Second's aspects of not taking itself very seriously are another facet of that from a different angle.

Of course, like I said, I'm not particularly far, so this opinion may change as the game progresses. I've already got a few theories about things, but it's also taken me by surprise on a few occasions too, so I'm interested in seeing how things unfold.

It doesn't have that repetition that bravely default had? I like the first game, but really did not like the repeats over and over again ><

Same as Kirie I'm not that far in myself but from what I remember there is only 1 repeat, sort off. It had something to do with New Game+ with the story and first boss or something I don't remember. I rather not remembering it either considering what people are saying it was a nice twist.

I'm probably the only one that liked the repeats of Bravely Default. While the crystal bosses were boring as fuck, but damn the side quests were golden. While it was same boss chars as previously, it was nice to see these characters change after each repeat and the final optional bosses was quite challenging too.

12966127_761789753921056_1918734639_n.pn

In the US you had to buy this theme (along with the Nohr / Hoshido ones), didn't come free with preorders sadly.

Gamestop (EBgames) did give us Xander, Ryoma and Azura keychains though.

Guys for all of you interested i have made this Fates timer Here it probably wont help most of you but every second counts for me :smug:

Hahaha that's brilliant. Funny, staring at those seconds going down makes it feel like it's almost here.

Edited by BruceLee

Hahaha that's brilliant. Funny, staring at those seconds going down makes it feel like it's almost here.

Ahaha nice im not the only one that feels that glad to be of help :D

and btw just 3155486seconds left xD

One thing I've started doing lately is making new skill builds with DLC characters with Awakening. As well as the fun of making/testing/adjusting builds it makes me consider different sets to use with fates. I've now started not using limit breaker on all my units and I find it makes the game more fun, and LB isn't in Fates anyway so I'm trying to make the skills gell together more.

Hah, I never even bought the Limit Breaker level before, but with the recent sale, I ended up buying both that level and a bunch of the "hard" DLC too, (like Apo and the other pack), since I never played those (hardest DLC I've done was FP). Not sure if I'll get into making a post-game team before Fates or not, but it's nice to have the option when I feel like digging back into it.

That's probably my favourite DLC map, I like the strength of the enemy units plus the fact that its old favourites from previous games. You can actually combine post-game team building into playing a map like Apo because of the difficulty of it - its a good map to learn about FE mechanics and strategies. I personally prefer the DLC/Spotpass characters to the main game cast, so I made a team using them to beat the secret path (there are two paths in Apotheosis). There is actually tonnes of play time in Awakening when you think about it.

You get a free Fates theme and a t-shirt as bonuses if you preorder Birthright or Conquest from Nintendo UK.

Birthright: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/fire-emblem-fates-birthright-t-shirt/11265861.html

Conquest: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/fire-emblem-fates-conquest-t-shirt/11265856.html

Just thought I would share.