Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

Just got my CE yesterday and only at CH12 right now (birthright) started on hard/classic but had to tone it down to normal/classic... really hoping I can get back into it and start the other paths on hard.

Edited by Chopstixzz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be worth jumping into General when she is close to leveling up just to grab WF if speed is an issue, she'll get it right away since she's already got the basic skills. I usually like the mercenary/hero class in other FE games but neither Laslow or Selena stuck for me, I ended up just using Laslow just to rally when I had the space.

Yeah, I was planning to get her to General when she gets to higher levels. I was more wondering if I'll keep her as General or use another heart seal to get back to Great Knight. That would be possible since Conquest in general doesn't seem to have a whole lot units who really want heart seal outside of getting skills from their other promotion.

And yeah, the mercenaries in Fates seem pretty mediocre compared to those in other games. Shame, because the game has my favorite design for mercenary and hero in the series.

These PNJs... These. PNJs... I hate these villagers from Sophie's Paralogue. Rush a chapter is'nt my speciality, but thankfully I have Hana. (However she almost died from a hit at 30%... I had to restart already before because she take a 11% hit ! WTF !)

Yeah, I was planning to get her to General when she gets to higher levels. I was more wondering if I'll keep her as General or use another heart seal to get back to Great Knight. That would be possible since Conquest in general doesn't seem to have a whole lot units who really want heart seal outside of getting skills from their other promotion.

And yeah, the mercenaries in Fates seem pretty mediocre compared to those in other games. Shame, because the game has my favorite design for mercenary and hero in the series.

Really? I'm training Laslow and he is actually pretty good, having some little issues with speed, but he just need a tonic or a speed wing to fix it.

Btw, I'm on chapter 18 and oh man, the ninja(s) are annoying. Really annoying.

I just beat chapter 23 there, that was a long one but as a reward you get to capture an excellent rally bot just near your starting position.

Also, does the statues you can build actually effect your characters stats in game? I thought it was just on my castle battles and things like that.

Chapter 14 Birthright Lunatic Classic. After a long chapter I've reached the end with basically only the boss, one berserker and one archer left. After placing all my units where they should I only had Felicia left and in my mind I thought that berserker probably has a bolt axe like the one in the entrance and Felicia can take one hit. So as I placed Felicia in range and ended the turn... As it became enemy face, I was like: "Wait this can't be right there was only one berserker with bolt axe right?" The berserker moved up and attacked Felicia seeing he has a Steel Axe that will deal 33 dmg on Felicia...

Reaction:

BUT WAIT! The berserker had 80ish% chance to hit chance. I was like "Don't let me down now Felicia you can dodge this!" However, as I feared OF FUCKING COURSE HE HITS AND KILLS FELICIA!

Ec2TVI1.gif

I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD THIS RNG IN THIS GAME IS AGAINST YOU. So yes I freaking rage quited and I'll go to bed now. Night all.

Chapter 14 Birthright Lunatic Classic. After a long chapter I've reached the end with basically only the boss, one berserker and one archer left. After placing all my units where they should I only had Felicia left and in my mind I thought that berserker probably has a bolt axe like the one in the entrance and Felicia can take one hit. So as I placed Felicia in range and ended the turn... As it became enemy face, I was like: "Wait this can't be right there was only one berserker with bolt axe right?" The berserker moved up and attacked Felicia seeing he has a Steel Axe that will deal 33 dmg on Felicia...

Reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW5Hd_2HC4&index=10

BUT WAIT! The berserker had 80ish% chance to hit chance. I was like "Don't let me down now Felicia you can dodge this!" However, as I feared OF FUCKING COURSE HE HITS AND KILLS FELICIA!

Ec2TVI1.gif

I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD THIS RNG IN THIS GAME IS AGAINST YOU. So yes I freaking rage quited and I'll go to bed now. Night all.

Hmm, looks like someone is getting a taste of Fates's RNG.

And about Laslow and Selena.

Neither are bad, but Laslow makes for an amazing rally bot, because of his personal skill.

Anyone know what time us PAL regions will get the DLC? I purchased map pack 1 and I'm in Australia. Just wondering what time the first batch will be released (boo camp, etc)

It's 8:26 where I live right now and I can't get the DLC that was supposedly released today, either (Boo Camp and Beach Brawl). I hope Nintendo didn't screw us over with their Map Pack 1 and everything works like it should...

EDIT: On that note... How are you supposed to grind in this game (Birthright)?!? I'm on chapter 20 right now and I just got access to unlimited Seals (Partner, Eternal and so on) and I wanted to grind for skills... only to notice that even the strongest enemies only give like 1 EXP per kill, even bosses. My question is: HOW in the HECK did anyone get extra skills on their characters without eating their own hair?

And that doesn't even include the absolute BS of everyone having weapons that totally screw your characters over... I tried to get Luna on my Avatar, but... suddenly, two guys packed Hammers. Both hit me. The result: a swift game over.

Thank you, Intelligent Systems. Thank you.

Yes, I am a bit salty...

Now I want to get special skills on my characters even more, so that others don't have to go through that suffering, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

I experienced the same thing with grinding. The only effective way to level up is continuing the story, it seems. I haven't bought the DLC pack yet. Waiting for it to get released first. I really want to be able to grind for my Conquest playthrough.

EDIT: this site says the first DLC map comes out tomorrow http://gamesites.nintendo.com.au/fire-emblem-fates/

Edited by AwakeningFates

I experienced the same thing with grinding. The only effective way to level up is continuing the story, it seems. I haven't bought the DLC pack yet. Waiting for it to get released first. I really want to be able to grind for my Conquest playthrough.

EDIT: this site says the first DLC map comes out tomorrow http://gamesites.nintendo.com.au/fire-emblem-fates/

Huh, that's odd. The German home page says it comes out today and Revelation on June 9th...

LINK: https://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Nintendo-3DS/Fire-Emblem-Fates-1026071.html

It's like the old saying: One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Either that, or it is simply different between Australia and the rest of Europe.

It's probably our AUS friends are getting the DLC tomorrow while in EU today cuz you know time zone differences. The DLC should be up now or whenever the eshop udates. Sadly I can't check myself till I get home.

Really? I'm training Laslow and he is actually pretty good, having some little issues with speed, but he just need a tonic or a speed wing to fix it.

Btw, I'm on chapter 18 and oh man, the ninja(s) are annoying. Really annoying.

Neither are bad, but Laslow makes for an amazing rally bot, because of his personal skill.

It could be that My Laslow (and Selena) are just screwed by rng. And now that I think about it, I probably promoted them at base (I doubt they got a lot of levels anyways), so that might be related?

Also, I'm not saying they are bad. But in most FE I've played, the mercenaries were some of the best units you got, but Laslow and Selena are more around the middle. I should try getting more rallies to Laslow though, that sounds pretty amazing. Need to do some research on which rallies he can get first though.

Related: do all stat boosts from different sources (rally skills, Laslow's personal skill, dancing...) stack or is there some universal cap?

Also, does the statues you can build actually effect your characters stats in game? I thought it was just on my castle battles and things like that.

The wording doesn't mention anything about just my castle battles like with other buildings so that would suggest it affects units at all times. I would check but can't since it raises caps and none of my units are close to reaching those.

I still can't get the DLC, too. Which is very odd... I'll try again later, I really need the Boo Camp DLC right now.

Same here. I really want to grind skills now, before I continue the game. Besides, I promised someone on here to grind some skills for Hana, but... the normal skirmishes just take too damn long!

EDIT: The DLC still isn't there. Damn you, Nintendo! Don't say it's available on the 26th when it isn't!

Edited by DragonFlames

I read that the eshop updates around 2pm every Thursday, so if that information is correct then the DLC should be available then.

It could be that My Laslow (and Selena) are just screwed by rng. And now that I think about it, I probably promoted them at base (I doubt they got a lot of levels anyways), so that might be related?

Also, I'm not saying they are bad. But in most FE I've played, the mercenaries were some of the best units you got, but Laslow and Selena are more around the middle. I should try getting more rallies to Laslow though, that sounds pretty amazing. Need to do some research on which rallies he can get first though.

Related: do all stat boosts from different sources (rally skills, Laslow's personal skill, dancing...) stack or is there some universal cap?

The wording doesn't mention anything about just my castle battles like with other buildings so that would suggest it affects units at all times. I would check but can't since it raises caps and none of my units are close to reaching those.

I also promoted Selena early (as well as Silas) but that was only to survive chapter 10. I did try to use Laslow but he just didn't get any momentum. I have seen a rally bot build for Laslow on a youtube PvP video (can't remember who it has but I can find out if you want).

I tested it there by using my Camilla who had capped speed and it does work on in game battles, her speed is now showing as the normal colour. Don't know about online but I would say probably, it even affects einherjar units as the avatar einherjar in my einherjar shop shows one skill point over the natural cap. I guess you can make some pretty powerful units this way if you invest the time.

Edited by Zelgius

Hmm, looks like someone is getting a taste of Fates's RNG.

Wait, the RNG in this game is against the player? I've had some incredible luck in my run of Fates (actually better than my usual Fire Emblem luck, which is notoriously bad).

Wait, the RNG in this game is against the player? I've had some incredible luck in my run of Fates (actually better than my usual Fire Emblem luck, which is notoriously bad).

At least it's for me. The times I want the RNG be at my favour the most, i.e due to bad placing, mistakes often leads to my characters die. Other times when I want to kill a dangerous foe my character miss at the most crucial moments which leads to their eventually deaths. Also those times when the enemy has less than 20% hit chance score a major hit is also a freaking pain in the arse...

I suspect that the RNG this time around round down rather than up...

Edited by FoliFF

Does anybody else get emotional from this game? I just saw a photo of a certain scene in chapter 26(?) Birthright and I got teary-eyed, that whole scene is the reason I haven't continued Birthright yet, it just makes me so emotional.

hmmm RNG has been pretty nice to me so far.

At least it's for me. The times I want the RNG be at my favour the most, i.e due to bad placing, mistakes often leads to my characters die. Other times when I want to kill a dangerous foe my character miss at the most crucial moments which leads to their eventually deaths. Also those times when the enemy has less than 20% hit chance score a major hit is also a freaking pain in the arse...

I suspect that the RNG this time around round down rather than up...

Ouch. That sounds rough. :(

On my end- I once had a character with 3 HP in a Dual Guard Stance be attacked by 4 enemies. Dodged the first one. The Guarding partner proceeded to block the next three attacks. Another time, two characters performed a critical attack when they had a 8% and 3% chance of doing so respectively after I asked them to in the same map.. On Shiro's recruitment map, Shiro dodged an attack that had a 74% chance of hitting him.

Well, I'm currently on Conquest Chapter 14. And while I do find it kinda cute that Corrin inherited Robin's knack for delivering empty rhetoric with conviction, for some reason I still want Leonidas to kick him in the gut.

On the Bright side, this game finally officially introduces the Bright Bow. Well, Shining Bow. But it's a light magic based bow with 1-2 range, so It's definitely PoR's Bright Bow.

Edited by BrightBow

So far only rage-inducing emotions. Thank you Fire Emblem being challenging.

I envy you, I get emotional really quick.

This just broke my heart ;A;

[spoiler=I'm crying]tumblr_inline_o7qqvhVVyN1r29duk_540.jpg

Please tell me I'm wrong and that it's all positive.