Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

So....I have finally completed Fire Emblem Fates story wise, I was so worried that my hype and love for Fire Emblem was gone due to waiting 3 extra months after NA however, as soon as I started playing, I was reminded how amazing the gameplay, soundtrack, cut scenes and some character were. Birthright was easy but still good with some different objectives such as the Opera house, on the other hand, Conquest is seriously amazing! I loved chapter 10 to death, and all other chapters (expect 19, that was a disgusting chapter due to bullsh*t illusions). Both Birthright and Conquest genuinely had decent plot (I am easily amused and opinions do differ after all), although Corrin can be an idiot the story was not that bad as some people over exaggerated.

Now, for Revelation....I have a different opinion on this one, first of all, despite enjoying Conquest and Birthright story, this one felt weak apart from the ending, it is kinda of cheesy but I guess heart warming? But the map designs really put me off, instead of looking forward to each chapter, I was always thinking 'oh great what now'. I guess you can summarize them as really gimmicky I suppose? I may have not played all FE games (I played FE7, 8, 13 and 14) however, Revelation is definitely the weakest one for me. All in all, Fates is still a solid game for me and I still love it to death and I look forward to seeing FE15 AND HOPEFULLY it comes out in EU and UK same time as NA.

Sorry for the long post guys, just wanted to share my passion, now time to play all routes again but on Hard then Lunatic before Zero Escape 3 and Monster Hunter Generations comes out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally completed the endgame of Conquest lunatic. With this I'll carry on with another game save I made to do the post game stuff, in my original save I lost Odin early and forgot to recruit the other dark mage, so I made another save to rectify that. With this one I'll mess around and do fun stuff with.

How do people even tolerate Lunatic Classic in Conquest? The spam and reinforcements are off the charts! Maybe if I bought all the skills and grinded a lot it would be fine, but damn, it was quite infuriating sometimes. At least I got a challenge out of my Hard Classic run and can safely say I ain't the greatest player there is (though I havent used a single tonic/stat booster nor have i bought anything except staffs/rods, does it make that much of a difference?)

Personally I'm glad I just finished that plathrough, it had become rather tedious to say the least. I even wasted the Resurrection Staff on its map to ressurect Azura, who died for some reason (missplay out of frustration obviously), just to have everyone alive for the upcoming grind with the Gold DLC + EXP. Luckily, Revelations will be my PvP/My Castle file, so I don't mind losing that - now forever lost - staff... (I still wonder if it works in MyCastle battles led by the CPU (the one I update) coz I know it does not work in PvP). Why is it even possible to forever lose a Staff? Feels weird.

Story is still rather bad imo, Worldbuilding is rather weak, dramatic/important scenes are played out ludicrously cheesy, unbelievable or flat out stupid (Lilith... looool), King Garon is.... an old-school James Bond villain at this point, whom nobody should follow (not even by the royals), many characters/concepts/cultures/etc. weren't fleshed out at all and leaves me rather disappointed...

With that said, I never bought the game for the story and got what I expected (especially after Awakening). The Characters are so loveable for the most part and the supports help quite a bit (with some bad localization here and there). I will have no problem leveling up all of them (except Corrinsexuals) to their maximum potential and the gameplay was a huge improvement over Awakening, which is all I wanted. Needless cuts aside, I am rather satisfied and still have the entirety of Revelations ahead. Oh joy :D

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

For me lunatic was all about learning the hard way in regards to reinforcements and things like that. It really punished you for not checking every enemies skills and inventory, I got caught out myself a few times even when close to finishing the map. Chapter 26 in particular caught me out with reinforcements when you open the bottom room with the powerful Generals and Zerkers.

Did you get the feeling that the story tries to convince you to buy Revelations? I kind of got the feeling that when playing Conquest you were playing a 'Bad Ending', like how some games you get that when you don't perform well. I plan on getting it anyway but still.

I also didn't particularly like the Endgame map, mostly because

I felt the chapter was quite cheap with its enemies and their abilities. Also another thing I didn't like was the Final Boss itself, who was quite underwhelming. I was expecting another Ashera/Fire Dragon/Fomortiis and instead it was really just some guy. His stats weren't impressive other than the HP and one skill. For me it wasn't a fun map, just an annoying one especially since I had no rescue staff uses left (didn't know I would need it) and my team wasn't set up for it. Of course its too late by that point so I had to just play very recklessly and put my whole team in harms way just for one pair-up to dart to the boss and hope for a ORKO.

Edit: Another thing I forgot that I dislike that you can't save at the endgame. It just makes it more tedious and it's difficult to study the map.

Like I said, I didn't enjoy the Endgame like I did with other challenge modes of older FE games. With that being said, it was obviously my first playthrough so it may be different in later playthroughts.

Edited by Zelgius

Sorry for the long post guys, just wanted to share my passion, now time to play all routes again but on Hard then Lunatic before Zero Escape 3 and Monster Hunter Generations comes out.

Zero Escape 3 hype!!!

i finally got my fire emblem yesterday and currently i'm at chapter 8.

I wanted to ask if there was a MyCastle/FC thread for EU/AUS since i couldn't see one looking at the first page of threads.

it would be nice to have one so new people don't have to go through this thread that has 79 pages to find all of the FC's.

Finding the codes from fellow European folks in that thread should be easy enough. The game was just released in Europe but has already been available for months in the US, so the last few pages in that thread should contain almost exclusively PAL codes.

Edited by BrightBow

For me lunatic was all about learning the hard way in regards to reinforcements and things like that. It really punished you for not checking every enemies skills and inventory, I got caught out myself a few times even when close to finishing the map. Chapter 26 in particular caught me out with reinforcements when you open the bottom room with the powerful Generals and Zerkers.

Did you get the feeling that the story tries to convince you to buy Revelations? I kind of got the feeling that when playing Conquest you were playing a 'Bad Ending', like how some games you get that when you don't perform well. I plan on getting it anyway but still.

I also didn't particularly like the Endgame map, mostly because

I felt the chapter was quite cheap with its enemies and their abilities. Also another thing I didn't like was the Final Boss itself, who was quite underwhelming. I was expecting another Ashera/Fire Dragon/Fomortiis and instead it was really just some guy. His stats weren't impressive other than the HP and one skill. For me it wasn't a fun map, just an annoying one especially since I had no rescue staff uses left (didn't know I would need it) and my team wasn't set up for it. Of course its too late by that point so I had to just play very recklessly and put my whole team in harms way just for one pair-up to dart to the boss and hope for a ORKO.

Edit: Another thing I forgot that I dislike that you can't save at the endgame. It just makes it more tedious and it's difficult to study the map.

Like I said, I didn't enjoy the Endgame like I did with other challenge modes of older FE games. With that being said, it was obviously my first playthrough so it may be different in later playthroughts.

Chapter 26 rofl, that extra infinite use Hexing Rod is what would destroy my sanity (yes, even if you knew it is part of a rotation), since you have to pay attention to so much nonsense on that map, especially that last reinforcement you mentioned. Screw that level.... and the one before that..... and the one after that.... yeah...

The story absolutely wants to push you into buying Revelations, but since all three paths seem weak overall (I'm in Izuno on Revelations atm, and my god.... again with the weird, poorly executed drama), it really is just a matter of a "happy end" with Revelation. They do hint at better outcomes if circumstances were different, so it makes sense. Some might call it cashgrab, but since gameplay has been solid overall, I won't be too critical. I would hope for improvement in the future, though.

Concerning the Endgame, what you're seeking is in Revelations, pretty much, where it kinda ends like most Fire Emblem iterations on what you commented on, and yes, not being able to save on higher difficulties is quite a pain; which is why I'm glad I don't have to pay attention to keeping everyone alive in the end.

Chapter 23 of Conquest has become one of my favorite chapter in the entire series. Yes, in the series, and for very good reasons: It gave me a feeling of pression and anxiety that only thracia was able to give me and made sniper more dangerous than they were.

Also, I was quite impressed from the dialogue between Corrin and Xander: maybe bbecause behind the " justice don't exist" thing, there wss done thruth after all

Edited by The Wyvern Rider

Has anyone tried out this week's DLC? The weapon one is pretty cool for forging interesting weapons some names. It can be difficult but you get most of the weapons by blocking the exit off with two tanky units.

Has anyone tried out this week's DLC? The weapon one is pretty cool for forging interesting weapons some names. It can be difficult but you get most of the weapons by blocking the exit off with two tanky units.

Oh yeah, I played it eariler. It was kinda annoying with getting iron items...

Plus, limited items that don't restock are a nightmare...

I'm still unsure on whether I am gonna buy the weapon map. I just started my grinding (Gold Map HO!) on Birthright/Conquest for having all the skillz in Revelation, since buying skills from other castles is just bothersome for me (I hope I can still put units into my logbook on Phoenix Mode, haven't checked beforehand if the game might see me as unworthy to use that function if I grind in Auto-Mode with Phoenix; It's just too tedious otherwise). It all depends on whether post-game is gonna keep me hooked enough to care for forged weaponry. I'm guessing no.

It's also kind of interesting how all three bonus-resource maps are really weird in what they are supposed to do. EXP makes it really dangerous for any classic player and is kinda unsuitable for low-level units once you are too far in the story. Gold is weirdly randomized and also not to be laughed at for classic players. And weapons offer useless weapons you can easily get at the shop....

Oh well, Imma continue grinding now to offer an easy seize castle and rack up those points.

If you're struggling to train up weaker units in the Boo camp just use attack stance once the enemy is lowered enough, that way even if the unit's damage output is 0 and an ally unit kills the enemy it will still count as a kill for the weaker unit as they initiated combat. Weaker units will gain levels very quickly doing this.

The weapon dlc can actually be quite fun depending on the rng of the weapons, although the enemies can be pretty dangerous so even with strong tanks (Xander) you have to be careful particularly with mages. I see some people have tonnes of special weapons forged, I don't really have that many myself.

At least next week's dlc will be more interesting with Revelations.

I'm still unsure on whether I am gonna buy the weapon map. I just started my grinding (Gold Map HO!) on Birthright/Conquest for having all the skillz in Revelation, since buying skills from other castles is just bothersome for me

Wait you can do that? I can take skills from my other Kamui to give them to the Kamui in my BR lunatic playthrough (for example, or to my Conquest Kamui)?

Wait you can do that? I can take skills from my other Kamui to give them to the Kamui in my BR lunatic playthrough (for example, or to my Conquest Kamui)?

Up til now on Classic Hard, I can buy skills from any unit in my logbook, which means all the ones you put in there after a successful endgame on any playthrough. They don't have to be equipped for that. If the character learned it at some point before saving it in the logbook, it will be available for purchase in all your playthroughs (exceptions being DLC skills). So yes, you can significantly ease your lunatic playthrough with this approach *cough*kunaibreaker*cough*Conquest25*cough*.

Up til now on Classic Hard, I can buy skills from any unit in my logbook, which means all the ones you put in there after a successful endgame on any playthrough. They don't have to be equipped for that. If the character learned it at some point before saving it in the logbook, it will be available for purchase in all your playthroughs (exceptions being DLC skills). So yes, you can significantly ease your lunatic playthrough with this approach *cough*kunaibreaker*cough*Conquest25*cough*.

I feel like an idiot but I had no idea what a logbook was, I had to check Serene first then the internet to finally find a post that explained where it was hidden. And you can buy the skills individually too (which is nice because I don't have the cash to buy my other Kamui and it would ruin the playthrough anyway). Thanks a lot for helping me discover that (I don't know what is it with 3DS multiplayer systems but it's always hell for me, pokemon has tons of unexplainable options too)

Less than one week until Revelation!...

Man... I don't want to brag but after abusing DLC's, my MC on my Hard Conquest play is full stats at Chapter 25. Which means, I can solo the boss without even moving my other units...

I'm really waiting Revelation for creating the perfect team.

I'm looking forward to Revelations myself, it'll be fun to see what the Birthright units can do.

Has anyone done much PvP? There seems to be alot of people that disconnect halfway through a match.

Also, I learned that if you place units over stairways where reinforcements show up on that turn you actually cancel the reinforcements. This is good for dealing with chapter 26.

Ah ah ah, that was just funny about what happened. In Asugi's paralogue, I have thinked that he will be attacked by the enemies, and I know he must not run out... I have take a Rescue Staff and take him in the first room... to see it running out through the entrance... Nice trap XDDDD

I've finally struggled my way through Conquest!!! I am so happy right now, I could die. It was a ride with many difficulties, but I've finally braved it.

I don't know what most people have against the story. I really enjoyed it.

That Seppuku (I think? Correct me, if I'm wrong) scene with Ryoma felt especially powerful. It almost brought tears to my eyes.

Chapter 26 wasn't that hard for me (yeah, Hexing rod was a bit over the top, considering the strength of most of the enemies there), but I DID use the DLC to grind supports and get all the children beforehand, so that might have something to do with it.

Velouria, you are a god among wolves.

And I've finally figured out how you can make Kana not suck! Make a +Mag/-Spd Avatar, have him marry Elise (I've also tried Nyx and Felicia!Ophelia, but that didn't work as well for some reason) and have Kana pair up with Velouria.

The damage output with a Dragonstone+ was 51 on those pesky Berserkers and Generals on Chapter 26, I kid you not! And through the pair up with Velouria, Kana gets quite tanky and Velouria, if you want to let her fight, will become really fast, if Kana is a Nohrian Noble.

And if you get Hoshidan Unity on her through My Castle or your logbook, the skill drop doesn't concern her THAT much in terms of how much you see her activate Dragon Fang. It was insane, I tell you.