+Mag/-Def Fe!MU help

Ninian157

Yo people. I just started another Hard run and for the first time went with Fe!MU. I decided on going a magic route with her and chose +Mag/-Def for her asset/flaw and I plan on having her end up as a sage. Now, the problems I have are the skillset and who I would want to marry.

First off, the skillset. I thought about running Tomefaire/Rally Spectrum/Ignis/Galeforce/Magic +2 but I'm not a huge fan of Ignis. Are any of the other offensive procs worth it? What would be a better option instead of Magic +2?

Then comes the problem of who I want to marry. I've heard about Ricken!Owain being a good choice for getting a good Morgan out of it. If I would want Owain, what skills should he have and what does he want to pass down?

Finally Morgan. Obviously I want him to get Galeforce and end up in a magic class. But I got nothing else planned really. Ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Ignis and Luna are definitely worth it IMO. Rally Spectrum isn't really worth it -- let a Rallybot have that rather than Robin.

If you have the Champions of Yore 3 DLC map, you can choose to replace Magic +2 with All Stats +2. Or Limit Break if you have the Rogues and Redeemers 3 map.

Ricken!Owain (have him pass down Galeforce and have Robin pass down Dual Support+) isn't a bad choice but if you want as much Magic as possible, have Robin marry Ricken!Laurent (have him pass down Dual Support+).

You can have some pretty funny shenanigans by having Ricken!Laurent!Morgan marry Maribelle!Lucina if you have looked up any no-Limit-Break/other-DLC runs of Apotheosis. Vantage+Vengeance, Dual Strike+, Rescue staff, and Rallybot plays everywhere.

So Luna+Ignis? I guess that works. I have no DLC, so sadly no skills from there. I will keep Magic +2 and Tomefaire, but why Dual Support+? It's female exclusive but does it have such a big impact?

Would Ricken!Owain make a good Sorcerer? I mostly thought about it because Owain being a Dark Mage in Fates.

How would Morgan look, besides Galeforce and Fe!MU's skill? Since I like variety, would Dark Knight work well, or Grandmaster?

So Luna+Ignis? I guess that works. I have no DLC, so sadly no skills from there. I will keep Magic +2 and Tomefaire, but why Dual Support+? It's female exclusive but does it have such a big impact?

Would Ricken!Owain make a good Sorcerer? I mostly thought about it because Owain being a Dark Mage in Fates.

How would Morgan look, besides Galeforce and Fe!MU's skill? Since I like variety, would Dark Knight work well, or Grandmaster?

If Ricken is Owain's father he doesn't have access to the Dark Mage class line, if you want a sorcerer Owain in FE:A you would need either Henry, Libra or Male Robin. No other fathers give him that class.

Dual Support + increases your support bonuses that you gain from pair up, especially if you can't support someone

I believe that Dark knight is better if you want more movement, or you could go purely magical because that is going to be Morgan's best stat i.e Sage/Sorcerer because Male Morgan doesn't get Dark Flier...

If Ricken is Owain's father he doesn't have access to the Dark Mage class line, if you want a sorcerer Owain in FE:A you would need either Henry, Libra or Male Robin. No other fathers give him that class.

Dual Support + increases your support bonuses that you gain from pair up, especially if you can't support someone

I believe that Dark knight is better if you want more movement, or you could go purely magical because that is going to be Morgan's best stat i.e Sage/Sorcerer because Male Morgan doesn't get Dark Flier...

I forgot about that. Between Henry/Libra or Ricken for Owain, who would give him and Morgan the larger benefits? Would not having Ricken reduce Owain's magic by a lot or is going for Sorcerer not going to hurt his magic stat that much? What should Owain inherit from those 3?

Trying to figure out the best route for my Avatar. Would something like Tactician (10) --> Mage (10) --> Sage (15) --> Valkyrie (15) --> GK (10) --> Sage work? Getting Luna feels awkward and getting all those levels seems like a long process.

Probably going with Dark Knight.

Edited by Ninian157

I forgot about that. Between Henry/Libra or Ricken for Owain, who would give him and Morgan the larger benefits? Would not having Ricken reduce Owain's magic by a lot or is going for Sorcerer not going to hurt his magic stat that much? What should Owain inherit from those 3?

Trying to figure out the best route for my Avatar. Would something like Tactician (10) --> Mage (10) --> Sage (15) --> Valkyrie (15) --> GK (10) --> Sage work? Getting Luna feels awkward and getting all those levels seems like a long process.

Probably going with Dark Knight.

I did a quick spot of research and Henry and Libra give Owain one less point than Ricken does over all (so Morgan would get a +8 mag instead of Ricken's +9). Probably won't matter that much since you're going to have to do a lot of support grinding to get Owain!Morgan, especially if you use Libra or Henry. Not just to get Owain but to get Morgan as well.

"Best" class route for your Robin might be as follows:

~Get your Robin to lvl 10 Tactician

~Second seal Cavalier (lvl 10)

~Second seal Mage (lvl 10)

~Second seal Cleric (lvl 10)

~Second seal Pegasus Knight (lvl 10)

~Master seal Dark Flier (lvl 15 for Galeforce)

~Second seal Grandmaster (lvl 10 so you get ignus)

~Second seal Valkyrie or if you want renewal, War Cleric (lvl 15) (alternatively you could just add War Cleric to the list)

~Second seal Great Knight (lvl 10)

~Final second seal Sage (lvl 20)

At least that is how I would go about it, not saying that it is the only way to work with Robin, but it does require careful planning to pull it off. Also as far as I can tell Robin really, really wants galeforce, which is why I go to the effort of getting the skill, not just for Morgan.

You might want Morgan to have Ignus as well, as it adds his str/mag to mag/str, which could come in handy later on in the game :D:

Edited by TheSilentChloey

It's a bigger loss dropping from Sage to Sorc than it is dropping from Ricken to Henry/Libra, for comparison.

I'm fond of passing Lancefaire as a second female-only skill myself. It's something he might feasibly end up using.

It's a bigger loss dropping from Sage to Sorc than it is dropping from Ricken to Henry/Libra, for comparison.

I'm fond of passing Lancefaire as a second female-only skill myself. It's something he might feasibly end up using.

That would be if they are using Owain for galeforce. Personally I think Owain is alright, but you'd have to have Chrom married before his bond with Robin makes him marry her by default. That would be quite hard unless you're really pushing for Chrom to marry someone else as soon as they appear. I thought that dual support + was the more important skill to have, though lancefaire is an idea that I'd never thought of O.O

Still debating if I want Ricken!Owain or Henry/Libra!Owain.

Not sure why would I want Lancefaire, since males don't have any classes that can use tomes and lances. Then I would probably take Dual Support+ instead.