Most popular pairings for female avatar?

irma_gedden

I'm really enjoying "Fates" so far, but I really haven't at all decided who to pair the avatar with. I've done a bit of googling and I keep getting conflicting results. It looks like in Japan Jakob, Xander and Leo were most popular pairings? I'm just curious because it seemed like it was very obvious who the most popular pairings were for the femRobin.

Secondary question, does anyone else have a bit of a problem pairing Xander/Corrin? I've thought about it as a strong pairing option, but it just seems a bit weird.

Thanks

This totally depends on what angle you are coming at it from. What do you want from your pairing?

Best stats?

Best supports?

More character background?

Best child result?

In the end, I wouldn't worry about what others think if you are purely going on picking a pair that you like. If you feel good with Xander / Corrin, go for it. If not, pick another match. I know I'm pairing F!Corrin with Xander and / or Leo at some point. Stranger things have happened.

If you are looking for a Conquest pairing, though, you're totally in luck (IMO) because there are lots of intriguing guys there. <3 If you want something a bit less WTF-he's-my-brother might I suggest Laslow? I also agree with the Keaton suggestion if you're looking for something a bit more quirky / unique without the sibling issue. There's also Arthur if you're cool with a bit of immersion bending / breaking (why do I hate Izana but love Arthru? Must be the comic geek in me?)

Anyway, I hope this helps. :)

Oh as far as boys go, I suggest Laslow, Keaton - if you're not afraid of 2nd gen, Shigure is a disney prince voiced by Kiritsugu Emiya. <3

not kaze tho, kaze muh hubby

I admit I married Jakob because of accessibility, I guess you could call it. He had been in the party the longest and, due to that, his support reached the highest level first.

My favorite bachelor is honestly Saizou but, as I am currently playing Conquest, I can only gaze at his man cleavage in longing.

EDIT: Niles is on my list as well. Takehito Koyasu!Niles is my favorite (DIO-sama~) but Yuri Lowenthal!Niles is good as well.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

This totally depends on what angle you are coming at it from. What do you want from your pairing?

Best stats?

Best supports?

More character background?

Best child result?

In the end, I wouldn't worry about what others think if you are purely going on picking a pair that you like. If you feel good with Xander / Corrin, go for it. If not, pick another match. I know I'm pairing F!Corrin with Xander and / or Leo at some point. Stranger things have happened.

If you are looking for a Conquest pairing, though, you're totally in luck (IMO) because there are lots of intriguing guys there. <3 If you want something a bit less WTF-he's-my-brother might I suggest Laslow? I also agree with the Keaton suggestion if you're looking for something a bit more quirky / unique without the sibling issue. There's also Arthur if you're cool with a bit of immersion bending / breaking (why do I hate Izana but love Arthru? Must be the comic geek in me?)

Anyway, I hope this helps. :)

This helps alot! thanks for the detail. I guess I'm mainly looking for what the most interesting, or appealing pairing I can find, but I am also interested in the pairing that produces the best child. Is Xander/Corrin the best bet there? (I'm assuming that has similarly strong results as Chrom/F!Robin??)

This helps alot! thanks for the detail. I guess I'm mainly looking for what the most interesting, or appealing pairing I can find, but I am also interested in the pairing that produces the best child. Is Xander/Corrin the best bet there? (I'm assuming that has similarly strong results as Chrom/F!Robin??)

Doesn't much matter actually - Kana ends up sub par most of the time.

I admit I married Jakob because of accessibility, I guess you could call it. He had been in the party the longest and, due to that, his support reached the highest level first.

My favorite bachelor is honestly Saizou but, as I am currently playing Conquest, I can only gaze at his man cleavage in longing.

EDIT: Niles is on my list as well. Takehito Koyasu!Niles is my favorite (DIO-sama~) but Yuri Lowenthal!Niles is good as well.

OK--Niles looks highly interesting. Ever since I played Prince of Persia: Sands of Time I have developed an undying love for Yuri Lowenthal's voice.

Well, Corrin will always be one of the best, if not the best pairing for any character, since you can tailor his/her boon and bane to complement the spouse. Not as broken as Robin, though. For children, maybe you can consider looking at what boon and bane you have and which child unit would benefit from your combination the most.

Edited by Tsuky

Nobody's mentioned Silas? :( He's so cute and adorkable. And he practically already loves female Corrin! I picked him the moment I heard about the childhood friends thing with him, since I'm a sucker for that. Silas is an amazing unit right off the bat too. Pairing him and my Corrin up in a fight right away made them hard to stop.

Oh yeah, not to mention he's recruited in all routes. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, Silas is a total sweetheart. :) I think (for me) he gets overshadowed by all the crazy Nohr guys. I am planning on having files for him, Jakob and (I'm starting to think...) Takumi on my Birthright cartridge. (Sorry, Oboro... Then again, I haven't gotten Ryoma at this point--so you might be safe yet.)

I know, I'm really surprised to see that Silas is not a popular choice. He really is a sweetheart and even made me want to blush! Being a cavalier knight helps too, in my case. <3

Also, this is a knight x princess pairing, which is rare for me to like. So that's saying something.

It actually rather disgusts me that so many people would marry any of the royal siblings. They're treated as your family! I really wish they weren't marriage options at all.

I'm personally pairing the avatar with Xander and Leo in Nohr (I'm doing two playthroughs just so that I can marry both of them) and I am consider marrying Jakob once I play Hoshido since none of the Hoshido guys appeal to me (especially not the Hoshido brothers). Kaze is also an option I am considering.

I wish they'd been more up-front about the whole family thing rather than burying it under a bunch of rubble if you wanna go for it. I mean the fact that you can S-rank the Hoshido royals tells anyone with a brain that something is up. They relied very heavily on the family theme in the promotional materials and it -never- crossed my mind to even conceive of the idea of pairing Corrin with any of them (on either side) back when I started researching the game. But knowing what I know and having distanced myself greatly from the initial impression the promo materials put forth--something that is Nintendo's own fault--I have no issue with it now.

I do agree, however, that I hope when they decide something they stick with it in the future. Currently I'm happy to have the choice, but initially I was totally okay with being able to pair the royals with other characters and see what would happen. I mean hey, there are characters that are Corrin-sexual... Why shouldn't there be characters that don't want him / her, too? Especially under the circumstance we are discussing.

But again... For me personally it's a woulda, coulda, should thing at this point. I'm *definitely* marrying Xander and Leo and I'm considering whether I'll pair her with Takumi or Ryoma--still not really clicking with a lot of the Hoshidan men, unfortunately. Still need to see more supports, I suppose. :)

Edited because I almost choked on my tea when I realized what I wrote. Whether F!Corrin gets paired with Takumi / Ryoma or not, I don't think we needed that image.

Edited by Katryn

I know, I kept growing more fond of Ryoma with every promotional material and the idea of just A supporting with him to make a powerful big bro-little sis duo. He was gonna be my favorite big bro. I even decided to make my Corrin's hair brown to match his because of the initial blood sibling thing (before certain spoilers came up, of course... -_-)... I never expected him to be a marriage option at all and never ever even considered the idea.

Edited by Anacybele

I know, I kept growing more fond of Ryoma with every promotional material and the idea of just A supporting with him to make a powerful big bro-little sis duo. He was gonna be my favorite big bro. I even decided to make my Corrin's hair brown to match his because of the initial blood sibling thing (before certain spoilers came up, of course... -_-)... I never expected him to be a marriage option at all and never ever even considered the idea.

That makes it cuter. Even if they aren't blood related, the fact she'd grow so close to her big brother... he's still essentually fighting to bring her home after all.

Yeah, it also helps that I had big brothers to look up to myself when I was a kid. Ryoma was kinda sorta giving me that feeling again. Even if Corrin was actually raised by the Nohr siblings.

Having played a couple of more chapters, Silas is really starting to grow on me. And I still have a strong attachment to Jakob (I have a thing for the loyal butler deal--I almost married the butler in Rune Factory 4 but I had to go for the tsundere)

I totally hear you about Jakob. My F!Corrin for this playthrough was totally designed to be paired with him. I really love his character. Liked him a lot pre-release and like him even more now that I'm going through the game. I think that he and Corrin both have 'interesting' pasts that could really make them fit together. Plus his absolute loyalty to her is very endearing. Plus it sounds like he makes a good cup of tea. Who doesn't like that? XD <3 (I am a tea addict. I just had to add that bit.)