Most popular pairings for female avatar?

irma_gedden

I know, I'm really surprised to see that Silas is not a popular choice. He really is a sweetheart and even made me want to blush! Being a cavalier knight helps too, in my case. <3

Also, this is a knight x princess pairing, which is rare for me to like. So that's saying something.

It actually rather disgusts me that so many people would marry any of the royal siblings. They're treated as your family! I really wish they weren't marriage options at all.

I wish they'd been more up-front about the whole family thing rather than burying it under a bunch of rubble if you wanna go for it. I mean the fact that you can S-rank the Hoshido royals tells anyone with a brain that something is up. They relied very heavily on the family theme in the promotional materials and it -never- crossed my mind to even conceive of the idea of pairing Corrin with any of them (on either side) back when I started researching the game. But knowing what I know and having distanced myself greatly from the initial impression the promo materials put forth--something that is Nintendo's own fault--I have no issue with it now.

I do agree, however, that I hope when they decide something they stick with it in the future. Currently I'm happy to have the choice, but initially I was totally okay with being able to pair the royals with other characters and see what would happen. I mean hey, there are characters that are Corrin-sexual... Why shouldn't there be characters that don't want him / her, too? Especially under the circumstance we are discussing.

But again... For me personally it's a woulda, coulda, should thing at this point. I'm *definitely* marrying Xander and Leo and I'm considering whether I'll pair her with Takumi or Ryoma--still not really clicking with a lot of the Hoshidan men, unfortunately. Still need to see more supports, I suppose. :)

Edited because I almost choked on my tea when I realized what I wrote. Whether F!Corrin gets paired with Takumi / Ryoma or not, I don't think we needed that image.

Lol, I guess I'm just a lost cause and getting judged so hard since I was instantly attracted to Ryoma from the very first trailer, when he didn't even have a name :P I just thought he was an enemy general, and when I found out, well... too late now, can't retract my feelings anymore. But I can't agree more with the sentiment that this should've been handled more tastefully. IS pretty much chose the worst way to go about it...

As for Silas, he is really nice and cute and... that's about it. I think he kinda gets lost in the crowd because there's such a huge cast and he just has so little characterization that makes him memorable :(

For reasons, at first I was pretty adamant that I'm going to marry Xander.

Then Jakob came along with dat voice and dat accent and his sweet devotion to Corrin. The choice becomes slightly harder since then.

Silas is pretty cute too.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Jakob is an obvious choice, as he's your first partner, has a skill that exclusively supports Corrin, and is a good unit for most of the game even if he eventually falls to back-line support after awhile. He's also got a great accent and a decent support, and his My Room lines are sweet, so it works well. He's not the most powerful in terms of reclass options, though. I think Silas is a good choice too, since he's got the childhood friend angle and also will give you synergistic classes in cavalier (or mercenary if you already had cavalier as your alt class).

I don't really like the idea of marrying my brothers, but Ryoma and Xander are good options in the same way that Silas is, but I'd rather pair them off to other people who have more to offer them than Corrin does.

As for Silas, he is really nice and cute and... that's about it. I think he kinda gets lost in the crowd because there's such a huge cast and he just has so little characterization that makes him memorable :(

Yeah, you're right, he doesn't have as much to him as some other characters... And I might have gone for Ryoma if the whole family thing didn't exist. I feel bad for poor Silas, he just ended up being overshadowed when he really felt to me like he was already in love with Corrinetta. And then he goes and admits this in the S support too! (I just now got it)

Man, it must feel awkward to support him with the male Corrin if you're a straight guy...

It's just too bad I don't want the kid units. Silas is such a sweetie, he'd make a good dad by default.

Edited by Anacybele

Ngh. Yeah, Silas is a sweet kid. He has that whole childhood friend thing going on, but... personally I'm not that fond of him? Not as a spouse for Corrin, at least.

I admit I'm going for Xander in Conquest and Revelations, but Birthright is where things become a tough choice--specifically, it's between Rhajat and Jakob. Even if the F!Corrin x Rhajat Supports aren't as good in the NA version, I still have an interest in her. But Jakob has that whole butler thing going on, plus his devotion to Corrin. Corrin x Jakob might be better from a gameplay standpoint, as well?

Really? Because I find Silas has one big advantage over many of the other characters as a spouse: he's available on all routes, like I said before. So if you pick him, you don't really have to worry about who to choose on other routes if you like him enough!

My copy of Fates hasn't arrived yet, but from what I've seen, Silas definitely is a cutie. I considered marrying him awhile back, but eh...there are too many good options in my opinion, in Nohr, at least. Though I do think I'll be marrying him in my first run. (Plus, Sophie is pretty cute in my opinion, so...) But honestly it's just personal preference here. I'm also not too keen on marrying the siblings either.

Really? Because I find Silas has one big advantage over many of the other characters as a spouse: he's available on all routes, like I said before. So if you pick him, you don't really have to worry about who to choose on other routes if you like him enough!

I'm guessing most people won't struggle with this problem because they have so many spouses in mind already XD

Edited by Tsuky

(lurkerpostgo)

Sillyass is probably the best for gameplay, early join, early royalty kids, pony advantage, and JUGGERNAUT mode makes him completely invulnerable for most of the game on lunatic!conquest.

Edited by joshcja

I paired up Xander/Corrin, and it was very cute. 10/10 would recommend.

If you mean 'strong pairing' gameplay-wise, it probably depends on your Corrin. Both Xander and Corrin were frontline units for me, so pairing them up in guard stance to build that support easier meant someone had to be stuck in the back spot. If you mean 'strong pairing' writing-wise though, then yeah, I'd agree with that. The support is good, it builds really fast, and they've got plenty of moments that could be seen as ship-teasing in the support and story.

Personally, for Conquest, I don't really have any other pairing recs, based on supports at least. It's hard to compete with story relevant pairing for me. You can't entirely goof around on Conquest, but Corrin supports quickly with a lot of characters. If you aren't sure who to pair her with, you will have some time to experiment with supports. I'm at... Chapter 22-ish now, having finished all the paralogues, and she's gotten 4 (maybe more, can't remember) maxed supports and several more sitting at B, with me pairing her with random spares until Xander was recruited. So you've got plenty of time to test stuff.

As for most popular pairings for Conquest, the royal bros and Jakob were definitely most popular in Japan. In the localized version of the game... Tbh, I've moooostly seen people playing Birthright so far, so it's a lil early to tell who's popular on Conquest for me. Generally... I've seen a good deal of Xander and then a mix of the neutral guys, mostly Silas. Buuuut with the neutral guys, it can be hard to tell which route the player is on. So... I think that makes it hard to judge if they're popular Conquest pairs, actually pairings done on Birthright, or their popularity is some combo of the two.

Edited by blinkingbrave

I paired up Xander/Corrin, and it was very cute. 10/10 would recommend.

If you mean 'strong pairing' gameplay-wise, it probably depends on your Corrin. Both Xander and Corrin were frontline units for me, so pairing them up in guard stance to build that support easier meant someone had to be stuck in the back spot. If you mean 'strong pairing' writing-wise though, then yeah, I'd agree with that. The support is good, it builds really fast, and they've got plenty of moments that could be seen as ship-teasing in the support and story.

Personally, for Conquest, I don't really have any other pairing recs, based on supports at least. It's hard to compete with story relevant pairing for me. You can't entirely goof around on Conquest, but Corrin supports quickly with a lot of characters. If you aren't sure who to pair her with, you will have some time to experiment with supports. I'm at... Chapter 22-ish now, having finished all the paralogues, and she's gotten 4 (maybe more, can't remember) maxed supports and several more sitting at B, with me pairing her with random spares until Xander was recruited. So you've got plenty of time to test stuff.

As for most popular pairings for Conquest, the royal bros and Jakob were definitely most popular in Japan. In the localized version of the game... Tbh, I've moooostly seen people playing Birthright so far, so it's a lil early to tell who's popular on Conquest for me. Generally... I've seen a good deal of Xander and then a mix of the neutral guys, mostly Silas. Buuuut with the neutral guys, it can be hard to tell which route the player is on. So... I think that makes it hard to judge if they're popular Conquest pairs, actually pairings done on Birthright, or their popularity is some combo of the two.

On miiverse people are s-suppoeting camilla in droves.

After playing more (I should say bingeing) I've really grown to like Kaze. I might have to go for that. But I'm still leaning towards Jakob.

I can see the appeal of Xander, but I just can't get past the fake brother thing. I'm a Jane Austen fan, so I've seen some uncomfortably close pairings (Mansfield Park comes to mind) but I just can't quite go for Xander/Corrin though objectively it is not wrong.

Edited by irma_gedden

I'm so glad to see Silas love on this thread. I love the precious cinnamon roll. He has the whole best friend since childhood thing going, is a sweet guy, a solid unit, and joins early game. (If you play revelations he has great bases).

Ooh glad to see some silas love :). I really adore takumi, Kaden, silas and keaton! Still on birthright so once I get to conquest definitely planning on keaton. I dont really care for the kids since I dont plan on using any of them. Hell even their english voices I absolutely love haha.

Eventually ill get to xander, ryouma other ossim characters Eventually... thats if I dotn remarry those four constantly... lol

Edited by Sindiyah

• 3 months later...