How hard is conquest

CaptainGhost07

I have been playing through birthright on normal classic difficulty. I am on chapter 13 and I have had not too many problems with the game so far. ( I have been resting when a character does die) I already bought conquest with the half off discount but I haven't played it yet because i want to finish birthright. I know there is no grinding in conquest but just how hard is it?

Edited by CaptainGhost07

It will depend entirely on the difficulty and whether or not you play on classic; I struggled a fair bit on many Conquest maps on hard (although not all; the difficulty is sometimes a bit hit or miss) but breezed through all of them on normal.

Some maps are also a tad bit unfair, at least on the first playthrough; there's on in particular in which RNG is a core gimmick.

Birthright is the easiest of the routes; so normal is not needed. But Conquest IS needed on normal, unless you do casual I guess. I couldn't get past Chapter 7 on Classic Hard without lowering the difficulty to Normal

it is quite hard. No grinding leads to hard maps like chapter 10 and some later chapters. If you don't manage the exp well, you might only have a few good units and the rest are quite squishy and useless so don't feed your tanks the exp too much.

I agree going normal first if you're not sure. I think going normal first is better if you haven't tried old fire emblem games like myself and helps prepare you for chapter 10 hard mode. Even in normal mode, i spent like 1-2 hours on it >_>

Conquest Hard (assuming classic, I can't actually tell casual since I never play casual), is quite tough to borderline impossible unless you're experienced enough.

It probably also depends on how much you know of the future, since things like limited number of rescue staves, funds, skill allotments, reclassing, have the possibility of screwing you up 5 chapters down the line or so, so a first run on Normal is fair I would say.

Normal and Hard are quite different in difficulty though, but yes, in this game, Normal and Hard are quite far apart....

Normal still does try pretty well to give you difficulty, just less so.

It's possible that I'm just a bit desensitized to other players after going through FE11/12/13 on max difficulty.

I feel hard classic is the perfect difficulty for a first run. Granted I'm only half way through the game and have spent of my time dicking around with the ai and learning spawn and agro points, which once I understand all that most maps are just trivialized not sure if the same holds true for lunatic really looking forward to finding out though. Anyways the game will punish for fucking up and being out of position, as it should. The map design also makes you have to consider the dragon vein and unit movements intelligently instead of just spamming the DV and constantly pushing forward. Some DV give considerable advantages, but also have significant risks, chapter 13 for example can clear out all pots and open up the map for your units to move more freely but the same is true for the enemy and the reinforcements that come from both directions so it becomes a choice of opening the map up and fighting in open ground or fighting in contained corridors, both of which are valid options. All in all its a decent challenge until you know how the ai works.

Birthright hard is just as easy as normal conquest.

I just started a lunatic conquest classic, a little harder than I thought it would be but not much. Currently on chapter 12.

I'm still trying to decide on whether to go normal or hard classic for Conquest. How does hard classic Conquest compare to lunatic classic Awakening?

the first few chapters are easier but the game maintains its difficulty and there are less ways to break it wide open, where as lunatic awakening lost most of its difficulty after the early game. enemies seem to have roughly equal stats throughout the game and the placement is well done. also expect the ai to abuse the dual attack system to increase its damage.

How hard is Hard Classic Conquest compared to, say, Thracia 776? Because from what I've read here it seems like the difficulty is similar in the sense where you can screw yourself over quite easily.

How hard is Hard Classic Conquest compared to, say, Thracia 776? Because from what I've read here it seems like the difficulty is similar in the sense where you can screw yourself over quite easily.

i'd say its comparable to thracia. i've had a roughly similar experience so far minus the weird bullshit, don't get me wrong there are still weird things and bullshit but not as much weird bullshit if that makes any sense.

I started with Birthright because I can't wait for the challenge on Hard/Classic for Conquest!

So excited to go back to old school style where EXP is limited. Picking which characters you want to invest in is part of the fun for me.

I am playing Hard/Classic Conquest. I can honestly say it is very very challenging. I am on chapter 17 currently and almost half the enemies are promoted and almost none of my units can double. There are some moments where I honestly considered changing the difficulty to normal, like chapter 10(God I hate this chapter, my friends who are playing nohr classic easy think im over-exaggerating) and the escape chapter that follow shortly after. Even with some promoted characters you should expect a lot of resets even with careful planning. I would not recommend this difficulty to anyone who isn't used to past fire emblems like Radiant Dawn or Thracia 776 where screwing yourself over can be really really easy.

How is it compared to say, H5 in Shadow Dragon?

Been a while since I had an h5 run tbh but I remember it becomes a lot easier after the early game, mainly because of the win spear, so I'd say it's easier early harder mid, not sure bout late game. I do remember medeus being a pain in the ass tho so I'm not sure it's that much harder if at all.

the first few chapters are easier but the game maintains its difficulty and there are less ways to break it wide open, where as lunatic awakening lost most of its difficulty after the early game. enemies seem to have roughly equal stats throughout the game and the placement is well done. also expect the ai to abuse the dual attack system to increase its damage.

Ah, I see. I'm actually very interested in the challenge now. Probably will start on Hard Classic and see how far I can get before pulling my hair out like my Awakening Lunatic Classic run XD

I'm doing a hard classic on Conquest. So far there has been many chapter where i failed or someone died, such as the prologue - 6. Then there are quite a few chapters (like ch 7) where i wasn't sure how it would pan out so i would do it first and then realize I fucked myself. I am currently in chapter 8, trying to figure out the best route, such that i can get 3 houses without worrying too much.

I have been enjoying the challenge to be honest. It is quite entertaining, though given how many times i have actually failed, I can see how this would not be appealing to many people. I would recommend normal or at most hard on casual (where the units get revived next chapter) if you are more interested in learning the story than the challenges of the chapters.