How Old Are The Royals? (Minor Spoilers)

Nukemind

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Corrin is likely to be 18. Its a very neutral age as far as anime goes and its legal yet not to old to make pairing him with younger characters that inappropriate.

I always imagined Xander to be close to his thirties. He's probably the oldest Royal so I'm guessing 28

Ryoma: 26

Camilla: 24

Hinoka: She looks significatly younger then Camila so I'm thinking 21

Leo and Takumi: I'm not sure. I don't think they are 18 yet. They don't look the part and I think their older brother Corrin is 18. It has to be younger then that. Their age can be anything from 15 to 17. I do think Takumi is at least a year younger then Leo. Takumi looks a lot shorter when they stand next to each other in a cutscene and a lack of emotional maturity is required with a Tsundere.

Sakura: 14

Elise: ''technically an adult''

Leo and Takumi: I'm not sure. I don't think they are 18 yet. They don't look the part and I think their older brother Corrin is 18. It has to be younger then that. Their age can be anything from 15 to 17. I do think Takumi is at least a year younger then Leo. Takumi looks a lot shorter when they stand next to each other in a cutscene and a lack of emotional maturity is required with a Tsundere.

That's my reasoning for Takumi being younger too. Granted, body height and emotional maturity are no absolute measures for age, but it is all we have to go on right now.

Plus it makes for smoother time charts to have them born in the same year, since Leon was born in June and Takumi in December.

Wrt heights - Elise and Sakura aside (since Elise is canonically younger than Sakura and is likely at that age where growth spurt potentially not have kicked in yet) All the Hoshisibs are shorter than their Nohrian counterparts bc Asians probably. Especially with clear adults like Ryoma and Xander it's a poor indicator of age by itself.

Anyway

Ryoumarx: 24-26

Cam: 22-24 (-1-2 from Ryoumarx)

Hinoka: 20-22

Corn: 18-20

Leokumi: 16-18

Sakura: 14-16

Elise: at least 1 year younger than Sakura

This is an interesting read.

My guesses/headcanons are

Xander: 28

Camilla: 26

Leo: 19

Elise: 14

Corrin: 20

Ryoma: 30

Hinoka: 23

Takumi: 18

Sakura: 16

Those are the impressions I got based on appearance and supports. (But it's probably far off from what IS had in mind...)

Edited by May_Patra

I've been thinking about it and I've been researching things in the supports that might make this easier. I haven't read all of the localized supports or compared them to their japanese versions, so I might miss something. Let's look at the facts (and personal theories):

Sakura had just been born when Corrin was kidnapped. (Corrin-Sakura Support)

Hinoka started training to save Corrin. (Story and several of her supports). She started when she was Seven Years Old (Hinoka-Camilla Support) That must mean that Hinoka is either 6 or 7 years older than Sakura, depending on how long she was moping about Corrin's kidnapping.

Azura's support with Hayato shows that she used to live all over the world. With the Concubine War going on in Nohr and Azura being distrusted by pretty much everyone outside of the Royal Family (except Takumi) I doubt that she'd have many opportunities to travel unless A) It was before Arete married Garon; or B) Shura decided to take her sightseeing before handing her over to Mikoto (Now I wish those two could support). Since she has pretty clear memories of not only her travels, but Valla as well, I think that she'd be close in age to Hinoka. This would also justify why none of the Nohr siblings recognize her as well: she hadn't been living in Nohr for long before Corrin's kidnapping.

Corrin is a weird case. We can't be sure if the reason for their memory loss is simply because they were young when they were kidnapped or if they sealed away their memories with magic. Sumeragi however did teach Corrin how to wield a sword, so they couldn't have been too young when the kidnapping happened.

Elise was born after Azura was kidnapped (Azura-Elise Support), so some time must have passed between Sakura's birth and then. Mikoto must have tried to negotiate several times before she grew desperate enough to kidnap someone. Azura was also shown to trust Mikoto enough to share her problems with her, which is something Azura wouldn't do. We can't be sure if it's because Azura knows Mikoto is her aunt or if they just spent long enough together to be close to each other.

Takumi seems to be at the typical rebellious teenager age, with him being a little aggressive, being easily flustered and having a constant need to prove himself. Leo didn't give me that impression, so I believe that Leo is older, but not by much.

Camilla seems to be a little older than Hinoka. I also believe that there's an age gap between her and Leo because of the Concubine Wars, so I think that there's a gap there for their other siblings that were killed before the game began.

I think Ryoma is around Camilla's age, with Xander being at most a year older than them. I have no evidence for this, though.

These are the ages I believe they are:

Xander-25

Ryoma and Camilla-24

Hinoka-22

Azura-21

Corrin (Adult Male build)-20 or 21

Corrin (Teenager build)-19

Corrin (Loli Build) and Leo-18

Takumi-17

Sakura-15

Elise-Technically an adult13

Edited by Luankachu

I've been thinking about it and I've been researching things in the supports that might make this easier. I haven't read all of the localized supports or compared them to their japanese versions, so I might miss something. Let's look at the facts (and personal theories):

Sakura had just been born when Corrin was kidnapped. (Corrin-Sakura Support)

Hinoka started training to save Corrin. (Story and several of her supports). She started when she was Seven Years Old (Hinoka-Camilla Support) That must mean that Hinoka is either 6 or 7 years older than Sakura, depending on how long she was moping about Corrin's kidnapping.

Azura's support with Hayato shows that she used to live all over the world. With the Concubine War going on in Nohr and Azura being distrusted by pretty much everyone outside of the Royal Family (except Takumi) I doubt that she'd have many opportunities to travel unless A) It was before Arete married Garon; or B) Shura decided to take her sightseeing before handing her over to Mikoto (Now I wish those two could support). Since she has pretty clear memories of not only her travels, but Valla as well, I think that she'd be close in age to Hinoka. This would also justify why none of the Nohr siblings recognize her as well: she hadn't been living in Nohr for long before Corrin's kidnapping.

Corrin is a weird case. We can't be sure if the reason for their memory loss is simply because they were young when they were kidnapped or if they sealed away their memories with magic. Sumeragi however did teach Corrin how to wield a sword, so they couldn't have been too young when the kidnapping happened.

Elise was born after Azura was kidnapped (Azura-Elise Support), so some time must have passed between Sakura's birth and then. Mikoto must have tried to negotiate several times before she grew desperate enough to kidnap someone. Azura was also shown to trust Mikoto enough to share her problems with her, which is something Azura wouldn't do. We can't be sure if it's because Azura knows Mikoto is her aunt or if they just spent long enough together to be close to each other.

Takumi seems to be at the typical rebellious teenager age, with him being a little aggressive, being easily flustered and having a constant need to prove himself. Leo didn't give me that impression, so I believe that Leo is older, but not by much.

Camilla seems to be a little older than Hinoka. I also believe that there's an age gap between her and Leo because of the Concubine Wars, so I think that there's a gap there for their other siblings that were killed before the game began.

I think Ryoma is around Camilla's age, with Xander being at most a year older than them. I have no evidence for this, though.

These are the ages I believe they are:

Xander-25

Ryoma and Camilla-24

Hinoka-22

Azura-21

Corrin (Adult Male build)-20 or 21

Corrin (Teenager build)-19

Corrin (Loli Build) and Leo-18

Takumi-17

Sakura-15

Elise-Technically an adult13

Oh, nice reasoning. I forgot about Hinoka being 7 when she started training or Azura travelling when she was younger.

"When are you going to start behaving like the adult you technically are?"

This quote is what threw off a lot of us. We were thrown off, of course, because in our society, we become adults, typically, around 18. Guaranteed, this is exactly what Nintendo had in mind for the localization, simply because you can marry Elise, and they want you to think she's 18, to avoid claims of allowing characters to marry a little girl, while simultaneously giving a nod at history, because they know Elise is far younger then 18.

But, if we fans dig into the past, our past, say, Ancient Greece, which is probably a more accurate real world representation of Fire Emblem, we'll find that girls were wedded by the age of 12 at the earliest, and were considered adults by then. So, if Leo's words are to be taken as a direct nod to our ancient times, rather then the localization's hopes of what we'll take them as, Elise is probably 12, having just become an adult.

So, with that in mind, my headcanon on ages is this;

Xander - 25

Ryoma - 24

Camilla - 21

Hinoka - 19

Azura - 18

Corrin - 17-19

Leo - 16

Takumi - 15

Sakura - 13

Elise - 12

Personally, I think this also fits in nicely with their appearances and personalities. I listed the three older Hoshido siblings as younger then the three older Nohr siblings, because they give me that impression, based on both appearance and personality, that they're younger then their Nohr counterparts. Sakura breaks this trend by seeming more mature, and thus older, then Elise. And of course, Elise is 12, for reasons stated above, and I doubt Sakura is younger then 13. I wanted to put her at 14, but I know she's at least 6 years younger then Hinoka, and since I believe Hinoka to be 19, Sakura had to be 13.

For Hinoka, I specifically have her being 2 years younger then Camilla for a good reason. Their is a vast difference in apparent maturity between Camilla and Hinoka. Hinoka still seems like she's not quite out of the hormone assault ages, being very emotional, where as Camilla seems to have adjusted quite well to no longer being assaulted by hormones. For that reason, I put 2 years of age difference between them.

Honestly, I love working out characters ages based on very little information. I even worked out most of the Children character ages for Awakening, though, from I've seen from peoples love for Lucina, and how much people seem to love her, and marry their Robins to her, I'd be slaughtered for my opinion on Lucina's age. Even if I'm wrong, it's still fun though.

Very good reasoning in this thread, and the general consensus is very close. Once again, thank you all :).

One subsequent question if you don't mind: do you consider kids non-canon? Even assuming Elise could bear a child (not going to get to much into that) AND assuming the kids live in the Outrealm, there would be an 8-9 month I believe it is pregnancy period. I honestly didn't see the story as taking place over much more than a year, though perhaps I am way off on this too. Then there's the fact that even with accelerated growth they still do TAKE TIME. So it maybe a month to a year, or a week to a year, but each kid could take a year from when they are... Made... To when they join the army.

That's why I'm asking if they are considered non-canon or minor canon.

Get ready for me aging up all the royals to feel better about Elise marrying adults! I actually have a huge list of age headcanons, but I'm not going to bore you all with all of them.

Xander: 27

Ryoma and Camilla: 25

Hinoka: 22

Azura: 21

Corrin and Leo: 20

Takumi: 19

Sakura: 17

Elise: 16

And I think the kids are at least a little canon. As for pregnancies I assume the parents live in the Outrealms for at least the time of the pregnancy. And according to Hinata during Hisame's recruitment he had last seen Hisame a few weeks ago and Hisame had seemed to age a lot in between that time. And I believe Lilith says the time in the My Castle Realm is also at a different pace from the real world, so maybe a few hours in the real world is a few weeks in the Castle realm, which in turn is a few years in the children's realms, which in some way makes it make sense that Rhajat is older than Hayato(if that wasn't just Rhajat messing with Hayato). I don't know, maybe it is better just to think of it as a non-canon what if scenario.

Edited by Yotsume

Xander: 29
Ryoma: 27
Camilla: 26
Leo and Takumi: 17
Sakura and Elise: 16

The avatar is likely to be 18.

I was going to make the two healers young but then I remember they can become mothers so its best to say they're at a reasonable age of consent in medieval based fantasy world.

EDIT: and if we're counting Azura, 17-18

Edited by Kevlar

I think the kids are non-canon in a similar vein to the bonus characters in the GBA games--nice extra units in your army, a glimpse at what could have been, but dead/not yet born canonically. I think the kids will be born someday, and they'll be the ones we see during the game, but they aren't born in the game. It's unlikely all the women in the army would fall pregnant at the same time (if only because the parents should be more responsible, especially Femui and Azura, who do it twice), the explanation for the age-up is dumb (why couldn't they just stay in MyCastle, again?), and they are never acknowledged by the plot at all (unlike Lucina and the others).

Get ready for me aging up all the royals to feel better about Elise marrying adults! I actually have a huge list of age headcanons, but I'm not going to bore you all with all of them.

Xander: 27

Ryoma and Camilla: 25

Azura: 21

Corrin and Leo: 20

Takumi: 19

Sakura: 17

Elise: 16

And I think the kids are at least a little canon. As for pregnancies I assume the parents live in the Outrealms for at least the time of the pregnancy. And according to Hinata during Hisame's recruitment he had last seen Hisame a few weeks ago and Hisame had seemed to age a lot in between that time. And I believe Lilith says the time in the My Castle Realm is also at a different pace from the real world, so maybe a few hours in the real world is a few weeks in the Castle realm, which in turn is a few years in the children's realms, which in some way makes it make sense that Rhajat is older than Hayato(if that wasn't just Rhajat messing with Hayato). I don't know, maybe it is better just to think of it as a non-canon what if scenario.

That makes sense. I didn't think of just going there when pregnant, it would make sense.

I think the kids are non-canon in a similar vein to the bonus characters in the GBA games--nice extra units in your army, a glimpse at what could have been, but dead/not yet born canonically. I think the kids will be born someday, and they'll be the ones we see during the game, but they aren't born in the game. It's unlikely all the women in the army would fall pregnant at the same time (if only because the parents should be more responsible, especially Femui and Azura, who do it twice), the explanation for the age-up is dumb (why couldn't they just stay in MyCastle, again?), and they are never acknowledged by the plot at all (unlike Lucina and the others).

Ah gotcha, so basically like FE8 Fado, Callaech, Serena, Lyon, Riev, etc.