So what in fates is the most rage inducing for you (gameplay wise)

Locke087

Chapter 21 Conquest was NOT fun, I got screwed over so many times by those a-holes with that God-forsaken "still do damage even if you miss the target ability" that I eventually decided to deploy only Corrin and Xander and bumrush the chapter hoping I lived. Funfact I did

On a side note, I've seen a lot of people complain about the Wind chapter, but I 3 turned it on my first attempt, is it just that much harder on higher difficulties or something.

Edited by MCProductions

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain why Nohr Chapter 19 is considered rage-inducing?

I just used a Beastkiller and Flannel's Beastbane, and it was pretty straightforward.

It's simple, it uses RNG as a cheap gimmick to artificially make the map harder. It's impossible to really plan ahead since enemies turn invincible at random, and since the terrain is rough and a lot of them have "Pass", it's almost impossible to run from them. Also, unless you know what's coming, chances are you'll be caught off guard with Elise and Xander, who are both mounted units and very important to your army.

What difficulty did you play on by the way?

As for the Wind Clan Village, it's a bit the same for me although with less RNG. It's just not a fun map to me but hey, maybe I'm in the minority. It doesn't help that it's completely reused in Revelations though.

Edited by Thane

I feel like I'm one of the few that had absolutely zero issues with chapter 10 lol.

Only on chapter 11. Chapter 10 is actually my favorite chapter so far and chapter 11 is my least favorite. 11 was just a boring, glorified flat surface that gives me FE6 ptsd

I feel like I'm one of the few that had absolutely zero issues with chapter 10 lol.

Only on chapter 11. Chapter 10 is actually my favorite chapter so far and chapter 11 is my least favorite. 11 was just a boring, glorified flat surface that gives me FE6 ptsd

I feel like chapter 11 was a necessary breather after all the stuff that went on in chapter 10.

Chapter 10 wasn't that hard, I failed the first time, but that was more of a test run to see what I was in for. After that it was a pretty easy map to go through, and perfect source of XP for Azura and a few others that are a little behind. Sooner or later I am going to try a run where I attack Takumi before he uses the dragon vein to see what happens. If that is actually possible.

It's simple, it uses RNG as a cheap gimmick to artificially make the map harder. It's impossible to really plan ahead since enemies turn invincible at random, and since the terrain is rough and a lot of them have "Pass", it's almost impossible to run from them. Also, unless you know what's coming, chances are you'll be caught off guard with Elise and Xander, who are both mounted units and very important to your army.

What difficulty did you play on by the way?

As for the Wind Clan Village, it's a bit the same for me although with less RNG. It's just not a fun map to me but hey, maybe I'm in the minority. It doesn't help that it's completely reused in Revelations though.

I played on Normal, so it's probably just a difficulty level thing. Also maybe RNG blessed me that day, but at least on my map, enemy foxes only had Beastbane on the top portion of the map. So I just sent my mounted units to the left, while I sent tankish Camilla and Lutz to deal with the top enemies.

Same! Chapter 10 was by far the most fun and strategic map I've ever played.

The AI in this game (at least on Birthright Hard) is making me feel a mix of anger and grudging respect, especially with regards to getting past dual guards. I know that 0 damage hits still trigger Dual Guard, and the enemy seems to exploit this whenever they can to empty out my shield gauge just in time for the heavy hitters to come in. Very annoying, but it definitely makes things interesting. Oh how I got my ass handed to me in Birthright chapter 12.

The AI in this game (at least on Birthright Hard) is making me feel a mix of anger and grudging respect, especially with regards to getting past dual guards. I know that 0 damage hits still trigger Dual Guard, and the enemy seems to exploit this whenever they can to empty out my shield gauge just in time for the heavy hitters to come in. Very annoying, but it definitely makes things interesting. Oh how I got my ass handed to me in Birthright chapter 12.

Its not like awakening at all where you could run in and barely strategize is it now?~

That birthright seems to have only one axe user and she either blows or Im getting RNG screwed. Or both. I miss Vaike. Or Kieran.

rinkah isn't RNG screwed........her growths are some of the absolute worst. still, her +4STR +2DEF (+3DEF when supports are a thing) is a decent reason to keep her around. she wont gain exp as a supporter so your not wasting it, plus her only good innate thing is shes juust tanky enough that if a emergency happens you can run switch and seperate and have her take a hit and not die.

also shes in both paths as a starter unit.

That birthright seems to have only one axe user and she either blows or Im getting RNG screwed. Or both. I miss Vaike. Or Kieran.

Rinkah's Strength growth is a paltry 45% compared to her 65% Defense growth. She's always going to be pretty bad on offense unless you slap some forged weapons on her.

The Demon Falls chapter in Birthright is pretty rage inducing when you use the wrong Dragon's Vein spot and cover the entire part you're on with lava and have to wait several turns for the other Dragon's Vein point to come back and allow you to cross over. I would've had a higher turn count on that mission if I didn't have Hinoka or Shigure.

My biggest problem is that, due to the way they changed the crit formula, most enemies have tiny yet still existent crit rates. I'll be doing really well and then suddenly whoops, 2% crit, guess I just lost another half hour of my life

Edited by Oshimos

So far, it's been chapter 10 in Nohr, I think? The one where you have to defend the port exit from Hoshidans for 11 turns. I didn't get to visit all the villages because I had to have everyone guarding the exit, and I must have reset at least 50 times.

Also, I think we can all agree on this: fuck Lunge

The foxes toggle their illusion on/off at the start of the enemy phase every turn. Not all foxes have illusions, so some will never be untargetable. The fox group that rushes you from the left and the ones to the far north don't have illusions. The fox group in the southwest all have their illusions on the same turn. The ones in the northwest alternate between turns. And the group with Nishiki alternate between Nishiki having the illusion or his guards having the illusion. The tree on the top side helps immensely on this chapter, since it baits the north group to the right side of the map, where the terrain is easier to pass through. Dragonstone Corrin/Kanna are great for tanking in this chapter, or Flannel if you have trained him, since even with beastbane they do almost no damage to him and he hits them with his own beastbane.

After reading this thread, it's nice to know I'm not alone with the RNG hit rate/lvl up nonsense. I mentioned this on another forum and people just said I was "unlucky". Going through a story chapter followed by a paralogue and not having a single unit dodge a single attack is not "unlucky", it's BS.

Anna is clearly displeased that we all have not purchased her earthly vessel's DLC, and she does not care that said DLC has not released yet.

I really don't like the recruitment hoops you have to jump through for Yukimura, Izana, and Flora. Yukimura's not good enough to require waiting so long for the upgrade level needed for him to unlock, Izana's glory needs to be shared earlier, and locking one of the best Conquest characters personality and writing-wise behind such a system is just bad.

It's just kinda unreasonable to wait for that long just to S-rank Flora, especially as one of my favorite characters after beating Ch8 Nohr and the Hoshidan campaign. Maybe during Invisible Kingdom... For Nohr/Black Kingdom, I'll marry Anna. XD