So what in fates is the most rage inducing for you (gameplay wise)

Locke087

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did so many ninja in Hoshido end up with a wyvern exclusive skill anyways? Did Camilla just decided to mother half of the ninja in Hoshido one night?

Scarlet's most generous contribution to the Hoshidan war effort.

[spoiler=major Conquest endgame spoilers] The fact that you CAN NOT save after beating chapter 27, so if you screw up on Endgame against FE2 Bow wielding zombie Takumi, you have to fight Slime Garondorf again

I also still hate Counter

Edited by MCProductions

[spoiler=major Conquest endgame spoilers] The fact that you CAN NOT save after beating chapter 27, so if you screw up on Endgame against FE2 Bow wielding zombie Takumi, you have to fight Slime Garondorf again

[spoiler=Birthright Endgame spoilers]Birthright is the same way too, while its not as brutal as Conquests obviously, its still kind of a pain

[spoiler=Birthright Endgame spoilers]Birthright is the same way too, while its not as brutal as Conquests obviously, its still kind of a pain

[spoiler=Revelation endgame spoilers]And it's the same in Revelation, although the last map is so easy that any experienced (and most likely those who have played the two earlier paths as practice) Fire Emblem fan will steamroll it; the difficulty of that path is all over the place.

[spoiler=Birthright Endgame Spoilers]

At least the 28 can be one-turned. Nothing saves. No exp--so no point doing it slow, and if you're conservative about your rescue staves it's time to bust those fuckers out. You'll get your uses back anyway, no reason not to.

Hell, if you position right--make sure Ryoma and Corn can double because I forgot Scarlet doesn't give any speed-- you don't even need a rescue staff-Ryouma x2 and Cornx2 handily wrecks the final boss on Lunatic. Since I made a miscalculation and he didn't get any pairup speed i just rescued over Takumi for an extra 2 shots and that worked well.

My Corn was even Str screwed as far as +str corns go but between Blazing Yato and Berserker Rinkah S rank pairup that was still a 24x2. Didn't need to proc anything.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I also still hate Counter

Lol, just beat that on hard classic. That was a pain. I ended up pairing my Xander and MU and just two platooned the entire map.

Edited by Shadow Knight

Conquest:

Enemy ninja are annoying early on

Chapter 19 wasn't annoying, but it's my least favorite chapter because it's just boring and not fun to play

19 isnt bad at all if you use the tree. Its a nice 4 turn map that lets you get alt class skills super easily.

Send unit north with rallys promoted foxes, mop those up with the nerd squad and break tree, main tank goes between the groups to kill everything with rally and camila on the magic tile (yay damage manipulation)

nerdsquad1 mops up south foxes, nerdsuaqd2 rallys for an EP bosskill and mops up the forest mooks on EP.

Its nice prep for building the unit you want to use to go fast on ch20 (instantly killing half the map on 20 makes a 3 turn 3 chest BARELY possible with heavy rigging but a 4 or 5 turn with all kills is really manageable) which feeds lots of scraps to the nerdsquad so they can snowball nicely into the hellhole known as 21 and do another reclass for reskills on 22 while the MCU's bird at the boss with hanas door open. Its really fluid game pacing imo and lets you go into the 23-28 endgame spike with completed units.

Edited by joshcja

Oh god, chapter 12 of Conquest sucks. Why do I HAVE to break poison pots? Why can't I have a longbow for that? Also, that stupid Entrap staff. That thing blows. I lost Azura do to being warped into a myrmidon/ninja attack stance chain.

Oh god, chapter 12 of Conquest sucks. Why do I HAVE to break poison pots? Why can't I have a longbow for that? Also, that stupid Entrap staff. That thing blows. I lost Azura do to being warped into a myrmidon/ninja attack stance chain.

We should be able to summon Link for that chapter.

Revelation 9 and 10, the wind tribe chapter and the Izumo chapter. Fuck narrow platforms. Fuck snow of war.

You don't need to break poison pots. Once you reach the middle of the map, there's a Dragons' Vein point that breaks every remaining pot on the map. Just position your tanks right, and the mob of greatly weakened enemies charging you afterwards will be dealt with easily.

As for the Entrap staff, can't really blame anybody but yourself for not checking staff ranges and descriptions.

It's nothing compared to the unadulterated BS that's Chapter 20.

There's no way to predict the movement of the winds the first time you play it, there's a large amount of enemies + narrow platforms + reinforcements, and the boss is braindead retarded.

Whose idea was it to make Fuuga with high strength, defense, and respectable speed, while giving him full coverage of the weapon triangle? And then giving him strength and defense seal on top of that? And giving him sol and 25% skill, meaning he'll heal himself on average every four attacks?

Chapter 19, with a couple seasoned tanks and beast killing weapons, was relatively painless. Chapter 20 is the worst designed masochistic excuse of a map I've ever seen in the series.

At least I know that after this the rest of the route is much more fair.

It only gets worse from there on, with Hinoka's chapter on Conquest being even worse because it is almost impossible to shield squishy units/wyverns from 12 mov Kinshi Knights/Golden Kite Warriors, while your own non-flier units have their movs lowered to 2-3 because of the dragon vein. Progressing on that chapter is also tricky because you never know when reinforcements are going to arrive and when Hinoka will activate it again.

I had a Kinshi Knight and 3 Wyvern Lords of my own…. and they also got the +3 movement from the Dragon Vein…. it is pretty easy to first strike them because there aren't any more same-turn moving reinforcements .

I found Hinoka was actually making it easy for me.

I thought Conquest 19 was a breather map in an otherwise tricky section of the game. The foxes have very, very little answer to tanky wyverns, and if you aren't using wyverns on Conquest you must be playing the game very differently than I did. I'd assume Generals who are high enough level to have learned Defensive Formation would also work well, although their movement is awful.

Conquest 20 I'll grant was nasty, though I totally disagree with it being unfair, since you get to see the wind at the start of each player phase and plan accordingly. It's challenging, and a bit of a puzzle on top of an already challenging map, but this is the kind of thing I've fallen in love with this game for.

My own personal vote is forgetting about enemy dual strikes. I'm still adjusting to that, and little is worse than planning everything out, figuring out that you'll have to expose a fragile or low-HP unit to one hit that they can survive... and then forgetting the dual strike that can kill 'em. But they're entirely predictable and the game gives you a way to counter them entirely so this frustration tends to be one I direct more at myself than the game.

I just had Keaton carry Chapter 19 by himself because he can OHKO any fox that gets on his way while taking minimal damage. You just have to be warry about foxes that deal extra damage against him.

I just had Keaton carry Chapter 19 by himself because he can OHKO any fox that gets on his way while taking minimal damage. You just have to be warry about foxes that deal extra damage against him.

Keaton along with Effie wielding a beast killer did the majority of the work on that map, with Dread Fighter Kaze and Adventurer Zero using hunting weapons acting as the clean-up.

Revelation 9 and 10, the wind tribe chapter and the Izumo chapter. Fuck narrow platforms. Fuck snow of war.

I'm curious what you disliked about Izumo? Beat it on Lunatic pretty easily and it was pretty fun, but if it's about the slow pace I can totally understand that. Revelation suffers from that in general.

I'm curious what you disliked about Izumo? Beat it on Lunatic pretty easily and it was pretty fun, but if it's about the slow pace I can totally understand that. Revelation suffers from that in general.

The snow itself. I hate that I have to chip away at the snow just to progress, it became tedious and not fun at all after the second time around. Not to mention that all of the enemies hidden in the snow have really neat items, like stat boosters, so I feel compelled to uncover EVERY. INCH. OF. THE SNOW. to get every item.

Things to hate in this game:

- shitty hit rates along with RNG and random 1/2% crit chance

- ninjas

- in extension, shurikens being one of the best weapons in the game that can hurt AND DEBUFF, something almost no other weapons can do

- ninja skills because fuck snake poison

- INEVITABLE END

- pvp being about warps and replicate

- lunge chains

- debuffs lasting way too long mostly to slow you down

- shit level ups in health due to lower health growths

- chapter 10 conquest

- chapter 20 conquest

- revelations gimmicks

- heavier encouragement on low manning

- bullshit stats at joining for MOST of these units (Silas 2 gud)

- Rinkah growth rates

- Hinata growth rates (I don't really mind but some do due to base 15% speed growth)

- slow as balls weapon growth rates, making multi weapon users unable to utilize their niches

- brass

- units that join with E weapon rank early (RINKAH COME ON AT LEAST JOIN WITH D)

the game feels a little padded considering all this RNG bullshit and ninjas. Is there anything else I missed?

Edited by qwertyfatcat

I agree with this: missing multiple times with 90%, but being hit many times by enemies with less than 40%. I keep having it happen to me enough to cause resets. Also lunge does suck. And ninjas...so many ninjas.... Chapter 10 Conquest was hard I do agree... but the cake walk that was the next two chapters was a relief.

Edited by Jianshen