I can already feel that this game will get the same amount of hate as Awakening did...

OliKad

I'd give the gameplay for Nohr a 9/10. The levels are hard but tons of fun. I must have tried level 10 5 times before I finally beat it on hard mode. I even kept one of my save slots at chapter 10 so I could keep replaying that level. But.... the supports and characters are disappointing in my opinion to the point where I haven't even paired anyone at all bc I just don't care. The older games had better stories and supports and Awakening I could name all of the characters and a majority of their supports but with Conquest I'm just not interested.

Oh really? I liked the supports so Im surprised to see your opinion. Now this is a respectable opinion and not the same old same old veteran bait "corrin is mary sue hue hue" kinda shit.

You sir are actually cool.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey if thats how you want to interpret what I said then by all means do. That seems to be most of the people here's maximum brain capacity. And before you come at me again with nothing entertaining, I'm pretty sure you can read right? Or did you skip over first grade?

I can read, although english is not my first language, thank you. If people are such an eyesore for you, I highly suggest you to not come to a public forum.

And yes, people can interpret what you write. This thread did not have veterans shunning the game for not being like the older FEs, in fact, everyone was happy. But you had to come in and say how this is apparently a majority and you also insulted the "most of the people here". I have yet to see somebody on Serenes as whiny as a Youtube comments poster, so honestly not only your comment felt out of place, but generalizing, and rude to anyone who might be displeased with this game because it's their own opinion and not some fad to appear cooler and out of the ordinary.

Also, I might've skipped first grade but at least I'm not an asshole like you are.

I can read, although english is not my first language, thank you. If people are such an eyesore for you, I highly suggest you to not come to a public forum.

And yes, people can interpret what you write. This thread did not have veterans shunning the game for not being like the older FEs, in fact, everyone was happy. But you had to come in and say how this is apparently a majority and you also insulted the "most of the people here". I have yet to see somebody on Serenes as whiny as a Youtube comments poster, so honestly not only your comment felt out of place, but generalizing, and rude to anyone who might be displeased with this game because it's their own opinion and not some fad to appear cooler and out of the ordinary.

Also, I might've skipped first grade but at least I'm not an asshole like you are.

You know what, I am sorry for the reading comment. That was uncalled for. I'll apologize for that.

Oh really? I liked the supports so Im surprised to see your opinion. Now this is a respectable opinion and not the same old same old veteran bait "corrin is mary sue hue hue" kinda shit.

You sir are actually cool.

I don't really think they're bad really, just that to me they're boring. They get the job done anyway. They just aren't worth risking units during a fight where every single move has to be perfect otherwise you risk getting wiped. The RNG gods have not been kind to me in level roll ups early on.

I like Corrin, he looks cool and my Corrin's level ups have been good. But the fact that he never kills anyone in battles and keeps preaching peace makes him boring to me. It would have been better had he realized peace were impossible or was moved to peace after you kill either hinoka, camilla, sakura, or elise but your eldest brothers would essentially try to avenge them meaning it would be too late for peace. That way the third path could focus on peace because you didn't betray either family.

Bolded: As are you my good sir

I don't really think they're bad really, just that to me they're boring. They get the job done anyway. They just aren't worth risking units during a fight where every single move has to be perfect otherwise you risk getting wiped. The RNG gods have not been kind to me in level roll ups early on.

I like Corrin, he looks cool and my Corrin's level ups have been good. But the fact that he never kills anyone in battles and keeps preaching peace makes him boring to me. It would have been better had he realized peace were impossible or was moved to peace after you kill either hinoka, camilla, sakura, or elise but your eldest brothers would essentially try to avenge them meaning it would be too late for peace. That way the third path could focus on peace because you didn't betray either family.

Bolded: As are you my good sir

Oh my gosh haha!! That aspect about Corrin not killing anyone was really refreshing to me! Though it makes little to no sense considering his enviroment... Idk I have a thing for pacisfists. Even though I know I would kill anyone I was asked to if I lived in a world like that, Im quite the sadist (Im Niles irl lel).

I just love every piece of conquest so even the little stuff like supports makes me fanboy.

As for my Corrin, he is quite broken, married midori for quick salve and he has astra, profiteer and several other nice skills. Working on Luna but waiting for the damn EXP dlc.

Oh wow, that's kinda surprising. Oh and if anyone still wants to get some dirt on me, I've been playing since 8. Anything else? I'm all ears people. All I really see you as is people I will never meet irl, nor care to meet.

I have been playing since 7, get on my level... Jokes aside.

I don't get you... I am in complete agreement with DanMan here most of the Vets here are praising this game and most of the people who are disappointed with it seem to be people who's favorite game is awakening. Besides the localization purists ("censorship" activists), who are and will alway be the whiners, those whiners you speak of don't exist. Those of us you have actually played the game are currently liking/loving it what more do you want... Story Praise? I am sorry I can't say I like any fire emblem story (I only like 3 of them 4,7,9) without summoning its haters (even FE 9 has haters here) if you wanted story love you have come to the wrong place. I feel like people lassing out against a controversy that never happened, getting ready to fight a war they already won.... We Like The Game! Unless your just talking about the localization purists then I agree... Whiners the lot of them...

Edited by Locke087

I don't get you... I am in complete agreement with DanMan here most of the Vets here are praising this game and most of the people who are disappointed with it seem to be people who's favorite game is awakening. Besides the localization purists ("censorship" activists), who are and will alway be the whiners, those whiners you speak of don't exist. Those of us you have actually played the game are currently liking/loving it what more do you want... Story Praise? I am sorry I can't say I like any fire emblem story (I only like 3 of them 4,7,9) without summoning its haters (even FE 9 has haters here) if you wanted story love you have come to the wrong place. I feel like people lassing out against a controversy that never happened, getting ready to fight a war they already won.... We Like The Game! Unless your just talking about the localization purists then I agree... Whiners the lot of them...

Fire emblem has never had strong story, but really the Corrin complaints make no sense. Corrin is made to be very easy to make it seem like you, so theres no need for that much customization. And imo robin was the exact same thing.

The only stories that I thought that did more than ''being a Fire Emblem story'' is in FE4 and FE7.

Did I ever told you all how much I ​LOVE Fire Emblem: Geneaolgy of the Holy War?

The only stories that I thought that did more than ''being a Fire Emblem story'' is in FE4 and FE7.

Did I ever told you all how much I ​LOVE Fire Emblem: Geneaolgy of the Holy War?

Yes 4, and 7 are the only ones that broke the mold and told more then your standard FE story (FE 7 is my favorite, I Love FE 4's as well), that said FE 9 is the best execution of said story exhibiting excellent character development and writing, following a more relatable mercenary protagonist. Also has quite a bit depth, and great themes things that it shares with 4&7. Edited by Locke087

I already know I'm going to conflict with the majority when I say that I actually really liked Conquest's story, despite how everyone shits on it at every opportunity.

Imo the story is interesting, but the impact is ruined by Corrin. He's just too much of a boring hero and not enough of a human being. Case in point he spares everyone he kills. EVERYONE. Nevermind the people you have stabbed with your sword, or burned with your tomb, or cleaved with your axe, or incinerated with your dragon powers. And the story bends to this

In chapter 11 for example, when Corrin refuses to kill the rainbow sage the sage just dies. And Garon just acknowledges that Corrin disobeyed him yet sends him on another mission.

Garon doesn't make much sense either. He constantly forgives Corrin for not completing the tasks that are assigned to him the way he assigned them. Then he wants to kill Corrin, but then he doesn't want to kill Corrin and just wants him to suffer. And somehow Corrin keeps coming back for more.

This is an over-simplification of writing quality/focus. Sacred Stones had solid writing for its antagonists and Path of Radiance had superb world building. Maybe you didn't mean this, but I hope you aren't saying all Fire Emblem stories are of equal merit just because they share common elements.

Personally, I think interesting characters are more important than an interesting plot. I can watch interesting characters go shopping and enjoy it, but an interesting plot with mediocre characters is only interesting to see once.

This is an over-simplification of writing quality/focus. Sacred Stones had solid writing for its antagonists and Path of Radiance had superb world building. Maybe you didn't mean this, but I hope you aren't saying all Fire Emblem stories are of equal merit just because they share common elements.

Path of Radiance is actually my second favorite story besides awakening. Quality wise I think it is the best one.

Personally, I think interesting characters are more important than an interesting plot. I can watch interesting characters go shopping and enjoy it, but an interesting plot with mediocre characters is only interesting to see once.

True that. I think this is where Conquest suffers honestly. I'm actually very prone to not noticing plot holes and whatnot because I get starry eyed over characters and relationship development. Awakening did that for me, and I liked Robin. I still think that Fates seemed to rely on that too much rather than making their own.

I'm down with nice Corrin (though not to the extent it's shown) and it actually serves as some nice conflict with their situation in Nohr. There's nothing wrong with being a good person; and it's enjoyable watching Corrin realising that oh, you can't be a nice person all the time. I'm on Chapter 18 though so take that with a grain of salt. Also focusing on positives for once haha.

I am enjoying the gameplay a lot though, I'm not very good at strategy and each battle takes me fifty years but having loads of fun with all the objectives in Conquest.

I finished Conquest.

Even after all of its flaws, I still rank it above FE7, FE10, FE12 and FE13.

What can I say? I definitely enjoyed it, despite there being a lot of things that could have been better.

It won't get hated because there is nothing to hate. One of the big reason awakening is hated by older FE fans was the waifu pandering and turning this into a "dating sim". In Conquest, that's hardly the case since its literally hard to grind supports unless you use the Awakening DLC or myCastle. Marriage/Kids aren't prominent in the story unlike in Awakening. In a lot of cases, people can't even finish or get every kid without grinding really hard for them. In Awakening it was more prominent because Lucina's tie in to the story.

Can't complain about difficulty which was another reason Awakening gets a lot of flack. Now the we have Birthright/Conquest, it now caters to all FE fans, from the veterans who wants to relive the old days of challenging maps or for newer fans that wants to stick to the Awakening "rout the enemy".

Imo the story is interesting, but the impact is ruined by Corrin. He's just too much of a boring hero and not enough of a human being. Case in point he spares everyone he kills. EVERYONE. Nevermind the people you have stabbed with your sword, or burned with your tomb, or cleaved with your axe, or incinerated with your dragon powers. And the story bends to this

In chapter 11 for example, when Corrin refuses to kill the rainbow sage the sage just dies. And Garon just acknowledges that Corrin disobeyed him yet sends him on another mission.

Garon doesn't make much sense either. He constantly forgives Corrin for not completing the tasks that are assigned to him the way he assigned them. Then he wants to kill Corrin, but then he doesn't want to kill Corrin and just wants him to suffer. And somehow Corrin keeps coming back for more.

G

>not enough of a human being

Again, people has to realize Corrin was locked up in a castle since he was a baby, he was a naive where we can only see 2 paths, good or evil. That's why in Conquest, his siblings are there to cover up for him so he retains his values.

Chapter 11 spoilers:

The rainbow sage killed himself because he doesn't want Corrin to do it, he wants Corrin to never stray away from what he believes in, and because the Sage died, Iago still had to report it and even if Corrin didn't directly killed the Sage, Garon got what he wanted.

In Conquest, his siblings protected him so much and does what he has to take to make sure Corrin is protected

In the Cheve chapter where Scarlet and innocent got slaughter, Corrin was ready to charge in on Garon until Camilla stopped him, why? Because talking back to Garon will basically get him killed.

In chapter 18, Leo killed the Illusionist Boss because it had to be done and didn't want Corrin to do it.

Again, we can see that his siblings are there to make sure he doesn't lose his conviction and stay true to the path he chose

Corrin continued to take mission for him because of what he learned in chapter 15. Corrin took mission from Garon once he sided with Nohr because he wanted to changed Nohr from the inside. That was the reason why he sided with Nohr and his Siblings in the first place, he wanted to be able to end the war and changed how Nohr does things. Naive? Yes but that was who Corrin was, he was sheltered all his life, even his siblings knows of his naivety and comments how war is different many times but respects his conviction to stay true to his path.

Now for Garon, he continues to give Corrin mission even if he failed his task was a psychological warfare. Every time Corrin failed one of this task he doubts himself if he truly did side with the right facton. In a lot of case, psychological torture is worse than outright killing because you can mentally destroy the person. Now Corrin kept taking the mission for two things:

1. Because he wanted to changed Nohr from the inside
2. (1) changed to something else after the events of chapter 15.

Again people forget the reason why Corrin acts like he does, its because he was locked up in a dark castle for years.He barely interacted with anyone besides his Nohr Siblings + Retainers. Because of this in his mind:
Good = not killing

Bad = killing

Again, if you were in Corrin's situation (being locked up for years), wouldn't you think this way too? That if you killed someone that you would think you are a bad person? That was his thinking and his siblings often try to tell him war is different but he tries to stick to his good/bad values and in turn it makes him look foolish in a lot of situation.

Except all the strategic min/maxing components of Awakening have been dialed back and reduced by a ton meaning that this game is even more about waifu pandering than before because this way people won't have to cry that they don't have optimal units because of their ships.

Fates is actually even more breakable than awakening with less effort than Awakening was, to the point I can't take anyone seriously if they argue that Awakening was easy and Fates isn't - maybe fates isn't if you ignore a ton of systems and don't abuse them, but the exact same thing can be said of awakening, and there you had to at least get through a much more difficult intro before you could even approach the kinds of things you can do to break fates. Conquest is subject to these exact same breaks too, but hardcore fans are so busy getting off thinking IS made something just for them that they'll ignore reality anyways.

In general I feel as though Fates is a better 1-play through game than Awakening was, but it will have no where near the longevity that Awakening did for me, which is sad.

Edited by ckc22

Except all the strategic min/maxing components of Awakening have been dialed back and reduced by a ton meaning that this game is even more about waifu pandering than before because this way people won't have to cry that they don't have optimal units because of their ships.

Fates is actually even more breakable than awakening with less effort than Awakening was, to the point I can't take anyone seriously if they argue that Awakening was easy and Fates isn't - maybe fates isn't if you ignore a ton of systems and don't abuse them, but the exact same thing can be said of awakening, and there you had to at least get through a much more difficult intro before you could even approach the kinds of things you can do to break fates. Conquest is subject to these exact same breaks too, but hardcore fans are so busy getting off thinking IS made something just for them that they'll ignore reality anyways.

In general I feel as though Fates is a better 1-play through game than Awakening was, but it will have no where near the longevity that Awakening did for me, which is sad.

Min-maxing was never a thing in the older FE, you can Min-Max in Birthright/Revelation but in Conquest? The only true way to grind is the exp dlc and while you can get the gold dlc, anyone who doesn't can't truly exploit the myCastle to get every skills + eternal seal (which is expensive) to max their characters, it's already hard to min-max character in Conquest. Its become commonly accepted that min-maxing should be left for the third path because min-maxing in Conquest will take a very long time.

The statement of "hardcore fans are so busy getting off thinking IS made something just for them that they'll ignore reality anyways" is just plain ridiclous.

Play chapter 10 of Conquest in Hard/Classic or Lunatic/Classic which most veterans are doing and struggling to do the first time.

>but muh castle

You can barely afford anything when you get to chapter 10. It's not until higher chapter where the game gets generous giving you money. Is Mycastle abusable? For sure, its easy to abuse is Birthright/Revelation, but thinking that buying a 2k-3k (aptitude alone cost 3k per character, while higher skills can got to 1k+) can easily make you sweep the game is just ridiclous.

So just because its harder to min-max, it means the game is more waifu pandering? Both games punishes you by losing a child if you don't marry anyone that isn't corrin-sexual, nor the game ever pushed the marriage in the plotline. If you visit different message boards, the game is more immerse in discussion because of the different roadblocks the game throws at you. There's also the fact that Corrin doesn't create super genetic war machine like Robin did in Awakening. Kanna isn't even one of the best kids in Fates, unlike Morgan + his/her Sibling.

Again that's what I seen from the other 3 FE places I post, there are generally less discussion about waifu/husbando, everyone is too focused on trying to clear certain stages that some forget that marriage is even in the game.

Yeah min/maxing wasn't a thing in older games. It adds a lot to the game though in terms of hours/life. Your point was that waifu pandering was worse in Awakening, I'm saying it's worse here because they've decreased the strategic/tactical/min/maxing considerations and it really is just waifu pandering with nothing else behind it because of skill buying. It's harder to min/max - but that's not my point. My point is that the complexity of it has been reduced because you can just buy skills and S ranks have much less of an effect in battle, the only consideration you need to make is mods and final class - which is much easier to get what you want because of A+ and not having to worry about S ranks making good pairs in battle. Because of this you can just pair whoever you ship because it doesn't have any/very many real gameplay effects unlike Awakening. This game will never generate the amount of discussion and min/maxing that awakening did because of this.

You can get overpowered corrins from mycastle without expending any resources at all and only need to complete 1 chapter (a chapter that is even easier than ch1 of awakening) from branch of fate before you can do it. Again: you don't need to spend a single piece of gold to abuse mycastle and break the game. It is easier to break and earlier to break than awakening. My point about Conquest is that you can do this there too, but "hardcore" fans will defend it because they're biased.

Edited by ckc22

Again that's what I seen from the other 3 FE places I post, there are generally less discussion about waifu/husbando, everyone is too focused on trying to clear certain stages that some forget that marriage is even in the game.

People are also busy discussing incest and how tacked on the kids feel, which I'm sure contributes to people focusing less on marriage.

Yeah min/maxing wasn't a thing in older games. It adds a lot to the game though in terms of hours/life. Your point was that waifu pandering was worse in Awakening, I'm saying it's worse here because they've decreased the strategic/tactical/min/maxing considerations and it really is just waifu pandering with nothing else behind it because of skill buying. It's harder to min/max - but that's not my point. My point is that the complexity of it has been reduced because you can just buy skills and S ranks have much less of an effect in battle, the only consideration you need to make is mods and final class - which is much easier to get what you want because of A+ and not having to worry about S ranks making good pairs in battle. Because of this you can just pair whoever you ship because it doesn't have any/very many real gameplay effects unlike Awakening. This game will never generate the amount of discussion and min/maxing that awakening did because of this.

You can get overpowered corrins from mycastle without expending any resources at all and only need to complete 1 chapter (a chapter that is even easier than ch1 of awakening) from branch of fate before you can do it. Again: you don't need to spend a single piece of gold to abuse mycastle and break the game. It is easier to break and earlier to break than awakening. My point about Conquest is that you can do this there too, but "hardcore" fans will defend it because they're biased.

Fire Emblem is a strategy game not an RPG or at least should be so min/maxing is not the major appeal, and don' talk to me about mycastle being able to break the game you don't even know, awakening is broken on a base level, even with rule after made up rule it is broken. Higher difficulties in awakening straight up require you to use it broken rules as well so you can't ignore them. Fates requires two rules and it becomes one of the most balanced Fire Emblem games around, don't abuse my castle and don't grind, that is it! I needed sheets of rules to balance awakening out and even then the stategy in that game is almost nonexistent. The problem with awakening is it broke with normal play even without ever griding, in order to enjoy that game I felt like I had to Nuzlock it. I had to actively fight against the games systems in order to retain any resemblance of balance. In Fates you have to go out your way to one of those castles giving away free units so you can cheat yourself of the experience... But if you play the game as it was intended and as the game makers put it for to be and don't go against castles that purposely unequipped there units so that you can get overpowered units when you couldn't even beat them in the first place. Normally you could only recruit a new unit if you could beat said unit with the units that you have. You are therefore usually unable to get a unit that is overpowered because you would never win against said castle. But again things like the summonable unit in awakening never bothered me because they are not serious part of the experience if you want to play the game as it was actually intended (as shown by their lack of supports) you're supposed to ignore them it is blatantly obvious. As time moves forward more games offer easy out cards for people that want them and I have no problem with that if they want to ruin the experience for themselves that's their own prerogative. What bothers me is when those added systems actually interferes the gameplay of someone that doesn't want to cheat themselves out of the experience and that's what awakening did and Fates does not do.

Edit: Sorry for the novel, just the shear audacity of somehow claiming that Fates is more broken than Awakening pissed me off.

Edited by Locke087

People are also busy discussing incest and how tacked on the kids feel, which I'm sure contributes to people focusing less on marriage.

No I'm pretty sure its people continually getting their ass kicked by Chapter 10 and 17 (to lesser extent, chapter 5, 8)

Fire Emblem is a strategy game not an RPG or at least should be so min/maxing is not the major appeal, and don' talk to me about mycastle being able to break the game you don't even know, awakening is broken on a base level, even with rule after made up rule it is broken. Higher difficulties in awakening straight up require you to use it broken rules as well so you can't ignore them. Fates requires two rules and it becomes one of the most balanced Fire Emblem games around, don't abuse my castle and don't grind, that is it! I needed sheets of rules to balance awakening out and even then the stategy in that game is almost nonexistent. The problem with awakening is it broke with normal play even without ever griding, in order to enjoy that game I felt like I had to Nuzlock it. I had to actively fight against the games systems in order to retain any resemblance of balance. In Fates you have to go out your way to one of those castles giving away free units so you can cheat yourself of the experience... But if you play the game as it was intended and as the game makers put it for to be and don't go against castles that purposely unequipped there units so that you can get overpowered units when you couldn't even beat them in the first place. Normally you could only recruit a new unit if you could beat said unit with the units that you have. You are therefore usually unable to get a unit that is overpowered because you would never win against said castle. But again things like the summonable unit in awakening never bothered me because they are not serious part of the experience if you want to play the game as it was actually intended (as shown by their lack of supports) you're supposed to ignore them it is blatantly obvious. As time moves forward more games offer easy out cards for people that want them and I have no problem with that if they want to ruin the experience for themselves that's their own prerogative. What bothers me is when those added systems actually interferes the gameplay of someone that doesn't want to cheat themselves out of the experience and that's what awakening did and Fates does not do.

Well said, Fates return to the roots of the older FE while still catering to those who wants to play their game with easy out. Just because its easy to cheat yourself doesn't mean other people does. Fates has been regarded has having a very polished gameplay because when you play the game as intended, especially conquest, its on-par with the difficulty of those of the older FE games.

Awakening in the other hand only has an artificial difficulty, Lunatic+? Yeah you can say that Lunatic+ is hard but why? Because it gives NPC ridiclous skill that people have to reset the game to avoid. It doesn't come out as a natural difficulty. Conquest basically caters to those who wants a real challenge but not to the point the game is cheating to challenge you. There is your reason why "hardcore" fans defends Conquest.

And your so called "I can just buy someone else's unit and smash the game", have you seen people gloating that they smash the game with someone else's character? I haven't. Did I & Many others uses super genetic min-maxing children to fight against Lunatic+? Yes. People are enjoying Conquest because you don't need a ridiclous min-maxing or pray to the RNG that they don't give NPC ridiclous skills to beat the game. Awakening's Hard is like playing Conquest in Normal. There's a reason why beating chapter 10 in hard without losing anyone feels like an accomplishment, because it takes an actual strategy to beat stages compare to Awakenings broken pair-up that you can just clear stages with ease.

Edited by WildEagle18

I have two nukes on my Conquest team that were other people's kid units. But they are only there in case im really freaking stuck.

ALL OF THE HOMO!

Y E S.

Other than some story quibbles, the game is really great. Gameplay wise, probably the best FE i ever played. You know what i like about this game? Not the waifus, not Private Quarters, not kids...no. MY CASTLE INTERACTIVITY. Thats really just...making my enjoyment of the game go through the roof. Its so much fun to visit other people's castles, battle them, recruit their doodz, buy skills, and lmao bond assbabies. Its just so hilarious and fun.