Silas Skills - Sol or Luna?

Viberum

Hey guys, so my boy Silas needs an activation skill. The question is, which one should he get? Sol can heal himself after a long battle, and Luna can negate enemies defenses for certain kills! I'm not sure which one is more suited for him.

You guys have any thoughts?

One other quick question, do the two skills stack? As in, can I have both?

You should be able to have both if things haven't changed from Awakening. I remember using at least one there that had both, and I got to see both activate. Though I don't think they activated on the same attack...

You cannot activate both at the same time but running both enables you to activate either. Neither is honestly all that useful for playing through the game since you want reliable strats that don't require any proccing. Having proc skills helps winning three times in a row in the arena more easily though.

I'd say there are better skills around.

Let me rephrase, Silas has access to the Cavalier and the Mercenary class tree. Without using Frienship or Partner Seals, what's the best option?

Edited by ChocolaChao

Let me rephrase, Silas has access to the Cavalier and the Mercenary class tree. Without using Frienship or Partner Seals, what's the best option?

The best option is probably running Elbow Room/Shelter/Shurikenbreaker/Strong Riposte/Defender or Aegis. All more reliable skills to have than either Luna or Sol which you cannot count on activating when you need them. Aegis should provide more protection from magical units than Sol does, but Defender is also good if you tend to play when paired-up.

Luna is unreliable at these amounts of Skl because whiffing it in 2 attacks (if doubling) probably means you need a backup plan. Sol is also unreliable in a single combat round, but it can be thought of as +avoid. After engaging several enemies, if it procs at least once, it might allow Silas to more reliably survive something he wouldn’t otherwise.

Sol is better in the maingame, though really Silas is fine just being a Paladin. Maybe getting Shurikenbreaker for some special enemies lategame Conquest Lunatic.