Release Date and Overview Trailer for Power Master 1

Alex95

Mark your calendars, people! My first game, Power Master 1: A Strange Journey, comes out on March 26th of this year! I spent a long time making this game and now I finally have enough information to solidify a release date!

This trailer shows off the content you can find in my game, from areas to characters to weapons/item to the enemies! This game is almost done!!! A few more sprites are needed along with some final testing, and then it's ready to be released!

I was originally going to include my voice for this trailer, but decided against it because 1) My recording equipment sucks and 2) I didn't want to make it seem like voice acting was in the game. I know how to do so, but like I said, my equipment sucks, so I'm saving that idea for a future game. So for this trailer, you'll have to read the text, but I tried to keep it on screen long enough for everyone to read it.

Questions? Comments? Analyses? Tell me below! You may discover some secrets if you look closely at the trailer enough...

Learn more and download the demo at http://www.powermastergame.webs.com

I'm honestly not sure whether to put this in creative or general gaming...

Edited by Power Master

I don't have the bandwidth currently to watch the trailer, but I will be sure to watch the trailer.

But in the meantime: What are your opinions on RPG Maker MV and will it find a place in future installments?

FYI: There seems to be a bit of a rendering issue at the end, ultimately skipping the website info. It wasn't like that when I rewatched it, so it's an unfortunate YouTube glitch, I think. Because of this, I put the link in the OP.

As for MV, I think it looks awesome and am definitely planning on downloading it some time in the future. It was released a bit late in PM1's development, so I didn't want to have to remake or convert the game for the new engine after everything I've done already. However, I downloaded the trial version earlier and brought over the soundtrack to use in the first game. PM1 has XP, VX Ace, and MV components in it. Maybe for Power Master 2 if I have the money by then.

Ah, I see. Internet can be retarded at times, so I understand the glitch lol

I know there are a number of people who are switching over to MV for the fact of it being compatible with mobile devices. For me, yeah, money is a major issue there, too, so I get that, as cool as some of the resources are. Apparently those of us who enjoy using an actual computer are outdated now or something :(

Hope everything goes well, though ^_^

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the multiple devices option. Haha :P I've had a few friends with a Mac that wanted to play the game, but can't, so MV would definitely help with that.

And thanks! I hope it all goes well, too! :)

All-in-all, not too bad. However, I feel like the midis from XP are somewhat harming the sound quality. There are many ways to convert midi to mp3 (the one I typically use is SolMiRe) which can then be edited to have loop points for VXA through programs like Audacity (loads of tutorials exist for this on the internet, so I won't get into the details here). Truly a simple process, in case you wanted to have a more uniform music style.

Aside from that, keep up the good work! :)

I watched the trailer. It was written well. My question is: how old are you?

Thanks, I've been working on my writing skills!

And I'm 20 years old. Turning 21 next month! :)

Edited by Power Master

I noticed that some of the people who helped you out with this share your last name. It is great that you have the support of your family. I never managed to finish making a game with RMXP or RMVX, so congratulations on the completion of your game!

Thanks! ...Again! :)

Yeah, my first youngest brother helped out with a good majority of the sprites and my second younger brother played through the game and found a lot of the bugs and glitches. So, yeah, a lot of support went into this game, both physically and supportively.

I only have one enemy sprite left (it's a dragon) and some final testing to do. Then I have to finalize the project and upload it.

I honestly can't believe I'm this close to releasing my first game!!!

Congrats! Have a dancing, neon-flashing banana in celebration! :)

magnum.gif

In all seriousness, that is quite amazing. Glad you've managed to do this. Not many indie game developers can build their own game to completion.

Edited by Rethel34

Congrats! Have a dancing, neon-flashing banana in celebration! :)

magnum.gif

In all seriousness, that is quite amazing. Glad you've managed to do this. Not many indie game developers can build their own game to completion.

That is the greatest thing I've seen today XD

Not many people stick with their ideas, unfortunately. When money or time becomes an issue, they end up struggling to get it done. Me, I wasn't worried about either as this is a free game and I had lots of time, so I was not in a rush. And I was working on my own for a majority of the time, so, while it took longer, I was able to coordinate better and add in some random ideas or fix problems on my own accord.

The game is complete and will be out next Friday, and I can't wait to hear what people think about it, be it good or bad. Thanks for the support everyone!