The Silent Chloey Draws Stuff...

TheSilentChloey

I swore that I wouldn't do something like this; however there were some things that I felt like sharing as I kind of enjoyed doing them and thought that others might enjoy viewing them :P:.

I can do commissions; art trades are for friends and requests are sort of open because I am not super busy.

This will be my art thread where I will share art and other work that I have done (and have fun seeing my practice pay off a bit more) I am currently not actually doing anything major so I figured I'd open such a thread to keep me doing art as well as for a bit of fun and maybe making some new friends in the process. I will be adding to this thread as I go so it is very much a work in progress!

[spoiler=Commissions]

If you would like a commisson the best place to request them is on deviantART. Here is a journal entry with my prices if anyone is interested: http://thesilentchloey.deviantart.com/journal/Another-Year-Passes-567390634
It is my most up to date version of commission prices notes are the best way on dA to request a commission, if of course you're on dA...

[spoiler=Requests]

I'm open to requests, as long as they are resonable and I have enough details to go on :D: the same rules apply as what I'll do for commissions but I'll hash them out here so you don't have to spend hours looking for them (just kidding they're easily found, but it's nice to put them up anyway):

~No overly mature content please

~OCs are ok as long as I have enough details to go on

~I'll do my best to get things done in a timely mannor, it can and often does take 4 or so weeks for me to do any ark related stuff (properly depending on digital or traditional) if I take longer please don't be afraid that I'm leaving you hanging, I will make sure to keep you up to date if I am falling behind scheduel

[spoiler=Art Trades]

So long as the other half of the trade is done I am happy to do art trades, and with friends too :XD:

[spoiler=Artwork Examples]

Traditional Media drawing:

videl_for_yamigirl_21_by_thesilentchloey

Traditional Media painting:

not_quite_complete____by_thesilentchloey

Traditional media pencils:

random_artwork_by_thesilentchloey-d8ahh1

Fire Emblem related work:

Dark Mage Lucina digital media (yeah I couldn't think of a better title for it so I went with this):

dark_mage_lucina_by_thesilentchloey-d9jb

The cover for my Fan-fiction series Invisible Ties based on my playthrough of Fire Emblem Awakening (mark of Grima was found online and modified for the cover) done in digital media:

invisible_ties_cover_01_by_thesilentchlo

So this is what I have so far. I will be adding to it as often as I can depending on how well I go. I hope you all enjoy

~TSC

Edited by TheSilentChloey

• 2 weeks later...

I saw your Dark Mage Lucina in the Scribbles contest. I like the style because it reminds me a little bit of Picasso.

Thanks.

With all seriousness though I do have a lot to work on in terms of improvement, although the same can be said of any artist. :XD:

Just keep drawing. I find that when I browse through deviantArt and see all of the talent, it can either be discouraging or inspiring. Every artist is different, but the truth is the same for everyone. Practice makes perfect.

Just keep drawing. I find that when I browse through deviantArt and see all of the talent, it can either be discouraging or inspiring. Every artist is different, but the truth is the same for everyone. Practice makes perfect.

Very true that is. I have been at work for a few years and I think (though I am not completely convinced) that I have imporved in the time that I have been drawing...

Well this is one I did in 2011, not the best mind you but it was sorta like the character I was trying to draw :XD: I still laugh at the effort because I'll have to go back to it one day...

miria_yuganna_drew_non_ref_by_yugannamir

On 3/8/2016 at 8:43 PM, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

:XD: Nice!! I'll have to see how I go when I get to redo this one!! Sometimes drawing from pure memory is hard! Which is why I have an entire folder on my computer full of reference images and that was part of how I managed to pull off MU in the cover that I did

Spoiler

invisible_ties_cover_01_by_thesilentchlo

I'll admit though that Chrom needs some work, but every piece is a learning experience. At least he looks kinda like Chrom *laughs*.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

• 10 months later...

Ok so it has been a very long time since I last posted however there is an update that needs to be posted, namely that I am doing a small art event over on my facebook page TSCArts.  It will be running until the 17th of Feburary for those that are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got another work done :D: Of course this is for a certain event and I think I kind of improved a bit :XD:

Spoiler

young_tactician_by_thesilentchloey-db0wx

I will need to do some more work but I like what I have done this time!

• 4 months later...

The joys of taking months to do something:

Spoiler

the_silent_chloey_and_the_deadly_child_c

A cover image for a story that we won't see until after I finish the current one.  Or if you really want to check it out head to my deviantArt page (TheSilentChloey).

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see a fellow artist also doing actual hand-drawn, hard-copy stuff as opposed to digital; I'd like to see more of that kind. That oil painting of the ocean waves has strong expressions of the sea sprays - I hope I can do something like that in the future.

Edited by henrymidfields

On 9/15/2017 at 5:39 PM, henrymidfields said:

I'm glad to see a fellow artist also doing actual hand-drawn, hard-copy stuff as opposed to digital; I'd like to see more of that kind. That oil painting of the ocean waves has strong expressions of the sea sprays - I hope I can do something like that in the future.

Wow thank you :D: I like to do a mix of digital and traditional artworks.  Mostly what I have done (and do still do more often then not) is draw traditionally then scan in and do the rest digital.  However Sometimes I don't get to scan the traditional things I do and I forget to post pictures of said traditional art :D:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, henrymidfields said:

Rukey looks scarily (and fittingly) unemotional there. Are you going to futher develop the artwork by any chance?

Well I was planing to and it is a part of a series of art works for a certain line of stories that I have yet to finish.  As for the character himself he's not one of mine.  He's a mate of mine's OC that is an assassin of some kind.  Said assassin is in the unfinished series of stories last time I checked.

34 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Well I was planing to and it is a part of a series of art works for a certain line of stories that I have yet to finish.  As for the character himself he's not one of mine.  He's a mate of mine's OC that is an assassin of some kind.  Said assassin is in the unfinished series of stories last time I checked.

Wait, it's not Beruka from Fates?

• 4 weeks later...

So I figured that I would share some shenanigans of the Claymore kind because I do that on occasion and have a cross over piece planned That might use the piece I'm sharing here.  (It is a little old :XD: but I think the pose in theory could work)

Spoiler

flying_free_by_thesilentchloey-db0et14.p

Of course I am sure that it won't take long to figure out exactly who it is :XD: this is one of my scanned hand sketches and finish up on the computer deals of course.  Most of the things I do are like that :D: it makes colouring a bit easier and a little more interesting at the same time.

• 1 year later...

Aaaaaaaaaaand this thread almost died because I forgot about it...opps....XD

Okay so there are a couple of things to add.

Sorceress Lucina:

Spoiler

lucina_invisible_ties_reference_sheet_by

Shadow Tactician Cover:

Spoiler

shadow_tactician_cover_by_thesilentchloe

A Grima x Summoner Piece based off of The Crazy Summoner:

Spoiler

grima_and_summoner_sketch_by_thesilentch

Caleb as he would appear in FEH:

Spoiler

caleb_feh_by_thesilentchloey-dcqg5p1.jpg

Another Grima drawing, this time in more casual wear:

Spoiler

casual_grima_by_thesilentchloey-dcqgmgd.

And last but not least Caleb as he'd appear if he was a FEH unit artwork:

Spoiler

fell_dragon_caleb_by_thesilentchloey-dcq

Enjoy and sorry for the lack of updates.  I had intended to keep this thread updated but alas, time waits for no one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...