"Fire Emblem Fates Boasts the Best-Ever Launch for the Series in the United States"

XeKr

Great and worrying news. On the one hand, more FE is guaranteed and that's awesome. On the other, I hope IS doesn't take this to mean dual version waifu Emblem is the only way the series can be profitable.

If that's the only way I'm fine with it. Otherwise, they can't make enough money. FE8 as I said was the first one I played, and there was marriage even in that, though not kids. Heck, Thracia had kids and marriage if I have heard correctly.

Same. Been playing since FE8 in fourth grade... now I'm in my second year of college. Only ones I haven't played are Thracia and PoR at this point. I can't find a PoR disk OR Rom and it ticks me off.

Bummer. IMO, it is worth the $100 price tag I'm seeing it sell on eBay CIB for. I've beaten it so many times, over so many years of my life. I'll never get tired of that game.

PoR is what got me into this series. Back in college, me and my roommates each had one system (I had gamecube, them, 360, ps3). Did a search for strategy games on GC at the time and saw Fire Emblem. Bought it for like $20 at my local gamestop complete. Just fell in love with that game. That's what prompted me to get RD on release.

Still, I have to admit to myself that it is cool that more FE games will be made now. I used to throw money at anything FE ... I worry I might be able to now because it's selling out now and likely will again in the future!

I mean, Gamestop was sold out of the standard versions where I'm from.

Edited by Volke29

Bummer. IMO, it is worth the $100 price tag I'm seeing it sell on eBay CIB for. I've beaten it so many times, over so many years of my life. I'll never get tired of that game.

PoR is what got me into this series. Back in college, me and my roommates each had one system (I had gamecube, them, 360, ps3). Did a search for strategy games on GC at the time and saw Fire Emblem. Bought it for like $20 at my local gamestop complete. Just fell in love with that game. That's what prompted me to get RD on release.

Still, I have to admit to myself that it is cool that more FE games will be made now. I used to throw money at anything FE ... I worry I might be able to now because it's selling out now and likely will again in the future!

I mean, Gamestop was sold out of the standard versions where I'm from.

Man. PoR for $20? I need a time machine.

Yea, after Awakening came out the price for PoR and RD skyrocketed. It was about $30 for the longest time on eBay.

Yeah I should have gotten it in the past. Then again, I have RD and it's worth so much more than it used to be. And I kept it in great shape.

Good.

Now, I.S. or whoever the heck runs Fire Emblem these days, USE THAT MONEY AND GO HIRE BETTER WRITERS. OR GO GET YOUR OLD ONES BACK. SOMETHING.

Technically, this is EXACTLY what they did after Awakening, IS and Nintendo just failed to realize that first drafts typically don't equal good stories without heavy refinement.

Granted, I like Conquest's plot so far, it could be a lot better, but I could say that about my favorite plot in the series so......

Glad to see this game sold so well tho, I was actually worried all of this censorship salt would negatively impact sales.

Technically, this is EXACTLY what they did after Awakening, IS and Nintendo just failed to realize that first drafts typically don't equal good stories without heavy refinement.

Granted, I like Conquest's plot so far, it could be a lot better, but I could say that about my favorite plot in the series so......

Glad to see this game sold so well tho, I was actually worried all of this censorship salt would negatively impact sales.

Or maybe IS was originally going to refine the plot, but Nintendo got in the way. You know how those superiors really like acting like they think they know how to do your job. lol

Or maybe IS was originally going to refine the plot, but Nintendo got in the way. You know how those superiors really like acting like they think they know how to do your job. lol

Possibly, as much as I've fallen in love with this game, I do have to admit it reeks of executive meddling.

Doubt it, this isn't Paper Mario. This was after Paper Mario's incident.

I think the person who hired Kindachi could have been clouded by his own fanboyism, thinking his work is automatically good without refinement.

Man. PoR for $20? I need a time machine.

I remember right after beating SD and seeing PoR for $40 used on Amazon.

"Eh, I'll wait for a better price."

If only I'd freaking known.

Did you hit chapter 15?

Did you hit chapter 15?

Chapter 22 at present actually

[spoiler=mid game Conquest spoilers] I have no problems with that "revelation" beyond been there done that. Honestly, Garon is just Lyon with less effective back story telling

If that's the only way I'm fine with it. Otherwise, they can't make enough money. FE8 as I said was the first one I played, and there was marriage even in that, though not kids. Heck, Thracia had kids and marriage if I have heard correctly.

You're thinking Genealogy of the Holy War. Also people overblow the entire Awakening saved the series considering the sales number they had to reach was pretty much obtainable with the older games and had been multiple times over, one of the things that helped Awakening and Fates sell is the fact that they had actual marketing. Like it did make the series mainstream, but it would have likely continued regardless. Birthright and Conquest do tons right in the gameplay department and I can say that as a vet whos played all 13 of the other games, I think they mixed enough old, with having enough new cool ideas that build off of them to make it truly unique and stand out.

Also Genealogy is the only game where the kids made sense, at least in Fates with their silly explanation, they aren't part of the main plot...

Even though Fates is far from my favourite in the series, and yes it has its flaws, I'm absolutely thrilled that it's pulling in sales. All it means is that we'll keep getting the Fire Emblems that come out in Japan, and more Fire Emblem is better than none for me.

I think it is sad and weird that I get upset by this. I liked Fire Emblem before it was cool .... I bought Radiant Dawn at release.

Grumble grumble... get off my lawn!

FE7 guy here. So you can git off my lawwn!

Anyhow this is great news for any Fire Emblem fan. Its amazing how much the series has grown over the past few years.

FE7 guy here. So you can git off my lawwn!

Anyhow this is great news for any Fire Emblem fan. Its amazing how much the series has grown over the past few years.

Yeah, it really is amazing how much the series has grown. I still remember when Marth and Roy were just curiosities in Smash, and I really wish now that I didn't wait til Awakening to give the series a shot.

Good, now they can make more, and eventually make one with the old style of lords too. I love fates, but the kid system should be removed in place of new characters joining.

How many more characters do we need? Revelations has one of the highest roster count (iirc ROD still beats it), and the kids are optional and aren't require to get. Removing features that attracted newer players can sour the newer establish fanbase of FE, because lets be real, Casual mode, Marriage, Avatar and Kids are the features that made Awakening very popular.

Removing features as shown in the past of other games, like Dynasty Warriors 6 as an example completely destroyed the momentum of DW not only in Japan but in NA. An already niche game and Koei manage to pissed off its remaining loyal customers by removing:

Popular characters

Its only now after DW8 and numerous musou games has Koei reestablished their momentum again.

With FE becoming Nintendo's high profile IP, continuing to use popular features while adding newer contents or improving them (like in conquest, with the return of challenging maps) is the way to go. Again, IS found a successful formula to cater to both sides with Fates, with Conquest barely anyone has complained about the game being "waifu" emblem because the gameplay is fantastic and it feels like we are playing the old FE games with newer mechanics. While Birthright caters to Awakening fans with the ability to grind and an easier game compare to Conquest.