Question about Raider Katana

Sylph

The description says it gives +3 eff speed but the actauly stats it gives is +1 speed, -1 def, and -1 res......so what does this mean then?

EDIT: I think I get it now....Katanas naturally give those stats but the weapon itself gives + 3 speed without showing it on the stats

Edited by Sylph

The description says it gives +3 eff speed but the actauly stats it gives is +1 speed, -1 def, and -1 res......so what does this mean then?

All Katana give +1 Spd, -1 Def, -1 Res when equipped.

+3 eff Speed means, you get +3 Speed threshold when attacking your enemy using it not in Speed stat

"Eff. Speed", or Effective Speed, refers specifically to your Speed stat for purposes of double attacking the foe/not getting double attacked yourself, and nothing else. (And I'm not sure about whether it affects how easily the foe can double attack you in this instance, only that it makes it easier for you to perform double attacks.)

It's only known as attack speed in some games. If I remember correctly, if your AS is at least double the enemy's, you double.

Pretty sure the threshold is only +4 (that is, you have to have 4 higher Attack Speed than the foe) in most FE games. Awakening made it +5, and I think it's still +5 in Fates as well?

Pretty sure the threshold is only +4 (that is, you have to have 4 higher Attack Speed than the foe) in most FE games. Awakening made it +5, and I think it's still +5 in Fates as well?

it's 5 in Fates as well.

+Spd -> "easier to double" + "harder to be doubled" + " higher avoid"

+Eff. speed -> "easier to double"

So you get 4 points for "easier to double", 1 point for "harder to be doubled", and 1*1.5=1.5 points for " higher avoid".